Psychic Predictions about 2012 made in 1980 check this out!!

Samstwitch

According to the information he gives, this man was supposedly born in 1940, moved to California in 1960 (at 20 yrs old), and he made this video in 1980 when he was 40 years old. Today he would be 72 years old.

The quality of the video does not look aged.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I think the sound quality is a bit too neat for a 32 years old video coming from a VHS tape, let alone the image. I never watched a video from a Beta tape though, so all I know is that the quality of a Beta tape is supposedly better than the quality of a VHS. Could that make sense?

Here is an example of an old VHS video from the 80s (French again ;)):
Weird colors and very bad sound quality. Even if remastered, you can hardly get past the very bad quality of a VHS tape.

EDIT:

Here are 2 other sites reporting the video. It's the same article on both. My friend found this while we were checking the video together, trying to find what's right and what's wrong with it.
http://cursedhouse.com/2012/01/video-eerie-predictions-from-30-years-ago/
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2012/01/12/video-eerie-predictions-from-30-years-ago

This is from the second link, from the video's poster, allegedly:
Well i e-mail the guy who post the video online and this is his reply

Hi,

As you can imagine, I’ve received many new e-mails. Sorry again for this blanket answer.

I didn’t want my personal e-mail address posted on Youtube, so I put up a new one I created from my initials. This has nothing to do with any marketing company, or competition.
I digitized the original footage – from U-matic, – and added subtitles to it. A French friend of mine did the translation. I didn’t make any cuts to the material. What you see is everything that was on the tape.

From what the guy was saying, I guessed the shooting year and I added “1980″ in the frame corner.

I was really disturbed when I first saw this footage. I posted it on YouTube in the hopes of learning more about the man claiming to be the psychic. I didn’t expect to have so many angry reactions.

I don’t know who this guy is or was. I’m very anxious to know more. It’s important to me, but I’d rather not get into that.

The two leads I found in the posts:

- Someone posted a screenshot on aufeminin.com which supposedly shows the same psychic in the audience of “L’Heure de Verite”, a French TV show presented by Francois-Henri de Virieu in the 80′s. The person who posted it didn’t say which video it was from – it might be a load of Bull… anyway it doesn’t give us the identity of the psychic, since he’s just in the audience.

- Someone said the man was Albert Florintie but nobody found anything on him.

I’ve decided to remain anonymous here.

I am not willing to share how I got my hands on the original tape. If you’d rather believe I made it myself, that’s fine too – and probably more reassuring.

Personally, I give far more credibility to this video: (Youtube Link)

2012 will be just like any other year.

I don’t believe in psychics.

I don’t believe in aliens.

Have a great 2012… and 2013!

Peace,

HM

PS: In answer to the many technical questions: the original footage was on a 3/4″ U-matic tape which I digitized to FinalCutPro in HD through a MNR11 noise reducer. I re-EQ’d the soundtrack, added the subtitles and the “1980″ in HD on FinalCutPro, exported it in HD and uploaded it to YouTube – that’s actually my day job.
http://www.ghosttheory.com/2012/01/...rom-30-years-ago/comment-page-2#comment-38168

ZeoEmeraude

Well, he hit Obama on the head. As for the video quality, Beta-Max did have better quality than VHS. I remember our family having a Beta-Max when I was a kid, and I remember my dad bitching when he got a VHS player, he never liked the quality. I can't say though if this is a hoax or not. His clothes look period. I did notice the clock as well...it may just need batteries. (Sometimes the simplest explanation is the correct one) I do think that we will see some sort of E.T activity this year. Will it be a CIA mass hysteria event or will it be authentic.....only time will tell. It is possible to have a video from that time in pristine quality..although it is rare. My guess is that it was remastered. An interesting video to say the least. Thanks for uploading it Professor.

NerdyGilr3

This is a very interesting post.
First, I got to say, Num, your VHS example is a good one, but what an AWFUL video!!! You guys can be happy to not understand French! lol
Second, has anybody noticed the shitty acting of this guy? He looks like a guy who learned a text. At the end of the video, it's even worst, he sounds fake when he's "supposedly" uncomfortable. I think we'd need a person from France to look at this vid and tell us what he/she thinks.

Crethox

Hmm, got this from the youtubeposts at the page where the video is posted. Now I must say I didn't notice the emailaddress at the end of the video when watching it.

"The clue is in the email address at the end. HM2012. There is a competition to create a viral marketing video which will be announced in March 23-25.
Website hm2012.ca"

Googled a bit further and on this site http://jmma.ca/ the dates are stated. It doesn't surprise me it's in French, location is Quebec.

Samstwitch

Hmm, got this from the youtubeposts at the page where the video is posted. Now I must say I didn't notice the emailaddress at the end of the video when watching it.

"The clue is in the email address at the end. HM2012. There is a competition to create a viral marketing video which will be announced in March 23-25.
Website hm2012.ca"

Googled a bit further and on this site http://jmma.ca/ the dates are stated. It doesn't surprise me it's in French, location is Quebec.

So it sounds like it's just another advertising gimmick! Sheesh.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
About the way this guy talks. He's got a French accent from France. We don't speak like that in Qc.

Crethox, I heard about this competition yesterday but didn't have time to post the article I found yet.

http://www.tvqc.com/2012/01/1980-un...s-attentats-de-2001-et-de-2012-il-y-a-30-ans/

This article is in French, but I seem to be unable to translate the complete page, it always redirects to Youtube for some reason. You'll be able to translate it manually though, by coping bits to Google Translate. It basically explains where the video may be coming from, as they were able to associate the email address shown at the end of the video with the said competition. There was also a photo posted, which features the concerned guy.

uf4f0c9858.jpg

In the article, they assume his face was added digitally. It seems the guy who had his face replaced is a well know reporter in France, which is how they got to know this guy wasn't there originally. I can't confirm that part though.

Crethox

About the photo there is a video out showing there should have been another guy in that particular show.

About the mailaddress at the end of the video 3 reasons are circulating:
1. The uploader of the video has been contacted by some people and he replied claiming he made that emailaddress, he didn't want to use his real emailaddress. hm stands for his initials, don't know about the 2012 part, but i guess the year of the last prediction.
2. It could be linked to a college in Quebec, as what I earlier posted.
3. Someone claimed he traced the ip address of the emailaddress to the Writers Guild of America.

So far I find the 2nd option more plausible considering the French language. Even if he doesn't speak with the accent used in Quebec, it's a college and I think it would make sense students from France taking classes there. But who knows :)