Puhlease... So The World Is Ending, At Least We Have A Good View!

Hemoman

PUHlease... so the world is ending, at least we have a good view!

I find it quite unsettling but tis' kind of like a bullet train, how the hell are you going to stop it? You can't. At this point I think the future described not only by Titor but also by other theories and beliefs revolving around 2012 and prophecies is unstoppable by nothing short of a global rebellion against the powers that be and that will NEVER happen.

I'm not an anarchist or chaostician but I can't help but see the root of all this being somewhere in unjust governing.

Eiher way we're all screwed. I might be changing my philosophy from duck and cover to sip a glass of port and watch the world be wrought into nothingness as it is torn apart. Like I said at least I'll have a good view.

StarLord

Re: PUHlease... so the world is ending, at least we have a good view!

Good for you. As Death is impossible, the body is just a vehicle, the driver, the Soul is eternal what does it matter what happens if we are here to experience in the first place. Collectively, folks DO have a say on how the dice roll. If you have enough people out there scared beyond repair and convinced that the crap is going to hit the fan no matter what they do, then it's possible things could go south real fast.

However, on the other side of the coin, if you have a good enough percentage of people staying positive and refusing to play with the dark side then nothing even close to 'the end of the world' will be seen.

I can't believe all this hoopla about 2012 / the Mayan Calander ending means that the end of the world is near. Oh Please. What happens after New Years? Do you wake up with the worlds worst hangover, spy your calendar and it from last year, you don't have a new one to hang up. is your world going to end??? NO you go out and get a new one. "Well jeeze that was simple why didn't I think of that?"

If the Mayans had survived, don't you think it possible that they would have simply carved up a new one that worked for another 4,000 years or so?

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
I can't believe all this hoopla about 2012 / the Mayan Calander ending means that the end of the world is near. Oh Please. What happens after New Years? Do you wake up with the worlds worst hangover, spy your calendar and it from last year, you don't have a new one to hang up. is your world going to end??? NO you go out and get a new one. \"Well jeeze that was simple why didn't I think of that?\"

If the Mayans had survived, don't you think it possible that they would have simply carved up a new one that worked for another 4,000 years or so?[/b]

Starlord,
This is exactly the kind of critical thinking that this board is sorely short of.

Now if you would only apply this kind of thinking in the arena of the paranormal (particularly to your vague references to the spirits you meet or avoid in the "astral planes"), I could indeed consider you a comrade in arms. :lol:

As it is, you deserve recognition for your cogent statements about the Mayan calendar. Please accept my congratulations. Your continued common-sensical approach in matters that can be objectively examined result in my continued eschewment from ridiculing your more outlandish "astral" adventures.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Good for you. As Death is impossible, ?the body is just a vehicle, the driver, the Soul is eternal what does it matter what happens if we are here to experience in the first place. ?Collectively, ?folks DO have a say on how the dice roll. ?If you have enough people out there scared beyond repair and convinced that the crap is going to hit the fan no matter what they do, ?then it's possible things could go south real fast.

However, ?on the other side of the coin, ?if you have a good enough percentage of people staying positive and refusing to play with the dark side then nothing even close to 'the end of the world' will be seen.
[/b]

There are americans that don't even realize there's a war in iraq right now, but there is.

keenobserver

I would go with Starlord about the hoopla about 2012. There was a similar thing about world ends in 1999 what happenend nothing so as to point the world ended.

Tigge

Heh, if I were you I would be more worried about the possibility of a meteor hitting earth in around 2020 I think it was.

Hemoman

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Tigge\")</div>
Heh, if I were you I would be more worried about the possibility of a meteor hitting earth in around 2020 I think it was.[/b]

That would be a good assumption however I don't worry about things that can't be prevented, sidestepped or combated against.

We can stop the future described to us. We can do many things. (It's possible not probable). In my mind if an asteroid is going to hit the earth then hey it hits the earth and we're all screwed anyway so why worry about things you can't stop anyway. that's my philosophy on asteroids.

shane

There are americans that don't even realize there's a war in iraq right now, but there is.

It's enough to make you wish the world really was coming to an end, isn't it? I agree that the world is ending in the sense that society as we know it is collapsing. Societies like those cultivated in the west have shown a historical tendency to do that. Frankly, I'm all for it. The sad thing is that a new set of rules will undoubtedly pop up to replace the old one, and it probably won't be much better.

keenobserver

That would be a good assumption however I don't worry about things that can't be prevented, sidestepped or combated against.

My philosophy is "if there is something worrying you and you can do something about it then DO IT so not sit around worrying, AND if if there is something worrying you and you CANNOT do something about it then STOP worrying."