Q&A Duterte (Philippine) Presidency

Miscellaneous

"Today, I announce, I am inviting the United Nations, si Ban Ki – whatever his name, Ban Ki Moon, Ban Ki San – I am inviting the EU, send the best lawyer of your town, and even the rapporteurs to go to the Philippines," the President said.
"I will write them a letter to invite them for an investigation," he added.

"But in keeping with the time-honored principle of the right to be heard, after they interpellate me, I would then interpellate them. I will ask them one by one in an open forum," Duterte said.
"My first question to the rapporteur is: 'I killed thousands? Oh, what was the name of the first victim? What happened? Where? For what reason? How was it done? What time is it?'" he added.
Source: Duterte gives UN, EU green light to probe drug killings in PH

I think I'm leaning a bit on Duterte these days...

TimeFlipper

Those loathsome EU club members will never leave the sanctuary of Brussels, all they can ever do is to send out sound bites they hope will make themselves look good in the eyes of the world...I too am looking a bit more favourably at Duterte now, as he told the EU exactly the same thing as 17.6 million voters in the UK said when we decided to leave that vile bunch of corrupt parasites in the EU club!!... F YOU!! :mad:

Lumbergooz

There were demonstrations in Fillipines yesterday..people think that US is feeding radical islamic gangs to blackmail their country & justify their presence in it.
I do not believe in conspiracy theory...I think it is all about business...look at it from money perspective...everything now is made in China..whether u want cheap or best quality item u can get from China...so US has nothing to sell anymore except arms & protection for weak (& mostly illegitimate) governments like that beheading monarchy in Saudi Arabia. For US to sell arms, we need wars...the lesson of Afghanistan, when US created Tailban to kick the Russians out..turned out to be the duck that lays golden eggs...send a few crazy terrorists w bombs 2 any country..and bingo...that country either needs ur protection or buys arms frm yu...u do not even need islamic terrorists...send mercenaries & let them chant throw a few islamic flags on the crime scene...and there you have it, a perfect ISIS theatre, & perfect reason to invade that country..business..all about business..

Miscellaneous

There were demonstrations in Fillipines yesterday..people think that US is feeding radical islamic gangs to blackmail their country & justify their presence in it.
I do not believe in conspiracy theory...I think it is all about business...look at it from money perspective...everything now is made in China..whether u want cheap or best quality item u can get from China...so US has nothing to sell anymore except arms & protection for weak (& mostly illegitimate) governments like that beheading monarchy in Saudi Arabia. For US to sell arms, we need wars...the lesson of Afghanistan, when US created Tailban to kick the Russians out..turned out to be the duck that lays golden eggs...send a few crazy terrorists w bombs 2 any country..and bingo...that country either needs ur protection or buys arms frm yu...u do not even need islamic terrorists...send mercenaries & let them chant throw a few islamic flags on the crime scene...and there you have it, a perfect ISIS theatre, & perfect reason to invade that country..business..all about business..
Protection? Funny. The US rejected any up-to-date arms to us. One of them could be because our soldiers need years of experience to learn how to use them but it could also be because they don't trust us to give this or that military arms or it goes against their policies. Tbh I read an article (I forgot what it was called) which was revealed (by a Filipino) somewhere in the 90s I think that Japan sent letters to the US with reasons like how they want the PH to stay as a 3rd world so that Japan can remain as a superpower because geographically speaking, Japan isn't very rich in resources. You know, a dictator in the PH once wanted to industrialized the PH to rise from being a 3rd world country but it was immediately shot down by Americans or American-backed organizations. There were so many critics that Marcos was forced to put down his industrial plans. We also have a nuclear power plant btw. But it is severely outdated. It is in some part in the Philippines. In Bataan. Also called Bataan power plant. Marcos spent billions on it back in the days to rid the Philippines off of its routinely power outage problems but you know what happened? As soon as the power plant was finished, the civilians were brainwashed to believe that the power plant was sitting on a fault line which WASN'T true after all! And we were scared to believe that shit could go wrong with a power plant. Bataan Power Plant. Completed but never fueled. To this day, it is still sitting there. And to this day, the court is seperated whether to revive and actually use it or not.

I am largely anti-US. There is more, mind you. Not just the atrocities the US did a century ago. US special forces took down a high profile ISIS militant that had a bounty on its head in the US. The US soldiers took a finger off of the dead ISIS militant and spirited away while many Filipino soldiers died. This happened during the previous US-kisser's administration's time and now Duterte wants to reopen the probe.

Lumbergooz

@Miscellaneous : This is new info..thanks to inform us...Yet I do not agree with anyone being (Anti-US)..US is a big nation with great values, goals & morals..sadly, some of its leaders make decisions that are unfair to smaller nations; or in favor of business against American values.. However, I still think that US can be great again.

Miscellaneous

@Miscellaneous : This is new info..thanks to inform us...Yet I do not agree with anyone being (Anti-US)..US is a big nation with great values, goals & morals..sadly, some of its leaders make decisions that are unfair to smaller nations; or in favor of business against American values.. However, I still think that US can be great again.
It's just business