Debate Quantum Computer for Time Travel

GLXYCUBED

I have to first admit, I did not completely brainstorm this idea. When I was reading Brian Clegg's book "How to build a Time Machine" ,the most promising idea occured to me was the phenomenon of Quantum Entanglement and how it could be applied with Quantum Computers.

Suppose you have a Quantum Computer, whilst another resides in the future. Could you teleport a Quantum state through space Time? I'm talking about just information, not teleportation of a person or anything like that. I believe I read an article that is showing Quantum Entaglement stretches through both Space And Time. Your thoughts...

TimeFlipper

I have to first admit, I did not completely brainstorm this idea. When I was reading Brian Clegg's book "How to build a Time Machine" ,the most promising idea occured to me was the phenomenon of Quantum Entanglement and how it could be applied with Quantum Computers.

Suppose you have a Quantum Computer, whilst another resides in the future. Could you teleport a Quantum state through space Time? I'm talking about just information, not teleportation of a person or anything like that. I believe I read an article that is showing Quantum Entaglement stretches through both Space And Time. Your thoughts...
David Deutsch PhD has been researching Quantum computers for many years, in his book The Fabric Of Reality he actually does quote that a Quantum computer would actually become a type of Time Travel machine due to the necessity of the circuitry involved within it, Quantum Entanglement included :)

GLXYCUBED

I love his articles and videos. I'll have to read that one. I know Richard Feynman was also one of the first to promote the concept of a QC..

Dragonchaser

I do not know ; but if you could define it by code , you would be able to specify your restrictions//limitations or not .
Code will become what it was intended for . Not anymore a one-dimensional plain , no - welcome to the world of SuperFineHighDefintion (in code) .

GLXYCUBED

I haven't considered code, I know there still in developmental phase suppsedly, so I duo t know how they might differ from digital algorithms.

I should mention, author Clegg responded to my E-mail and said it was a great idea, but just that. He believes there would be problems in what he termed "the nitty gritty " of the Physics..

Dragonchaser

I'm a idiot when it comes to quantum physics , never mind quantum computers (are they related) .

If it is technically possible , I would say the way to define it in the finest detail would be by code ; obviously more evolved than now but yeah , it can become a dimensional reality in it's own right .

GLXYCUBED

Yea nobody really understands Quantum Physics, even those who study it...its weird and counterintuitive. Yea you apparently need a background in Quantum mechanics ,since things are occuring at the Atomic level.

Dragonchaser

Theoretically speaking , if you have a strong enough quantum computer with sufficient code ; something as "The Matrix" would be absolutely possible .

GLXYCUBED

Theoretically speaking , if you have a strong enough quantum computer with sufficient code ; something as "The Matrix" would be absolutely possible .

I've read that. I suppose if it were advanced enough, you could reverse engineer an entire reality or world...