Quantum Physics Achievement May Be Related to Time Travel

Mikos Rikoman

Another article (a particle physics news roundup), with three news stories, one (the first one of the three) is about recent experiments with time-entangled photon pairs (utilizing 'entanglement swapping').

My thought is that this technology/technique might have bearing on designing (if not an actual 'machine') a means of communicating with the future, or perhaps a parallel time line (adjacent to one's own time cone). Purely speculative, of course.

Particle Physics News: Entangling Photons From Different Times, First Direct Viewing of Electrons & A Puzzling New ‘Particle’ Debated

Particle Physics News: Entangling Photons From Different Times, First Direct Viewing of Electrons & A Puzzling New 'Particle' Debated | PlanetSave

bowtiesarecool

Another article (a particle physics news roundup), with three news stories, one (the first one of the three) is about recent experiments with time-entangled photon pairs (utilizing 'entanglement swapping').

My thought is that this technology/technique might have bearing on designing (if not an actual 'machine') a means of communicating with the future, or perhaps a parallel time line (adjacent to one's own time cone).
`1

I've read about that too.

What's a time cone though?

I think they have sent messages to the future (not necessarily with this technique. I think it was something else), but only a few minutes into the future.

Mikos Rikoman

Hi

I was not aware of this attempt (that you mentioned) to send messages into the future...please elucidate.

A 'time cone' is a theoretical construct/model, first used by early 20th century physicists (Einstein et al), to describe a 'twin' field of possible time paths, emanating in two directions from the person (as he/she maneuvers through space time): into the future (future cone), and into the past (past time cone)...funny, if your were to visualize this (looking "down" on the space-time traveler), the two cones would look like a 'bowtie'...the sides or boundaries of these cones (as I interpret them) put constraints on predicting time possibilities, with the narrow end of each cone being closer (in space-time) to the person (closer events are easier to predict, like a five day weather forecast verses a long-term weather forecast of weeks or more = next to impossible)...note that those future (only possible) time events/paths that are farther away (in space-time) from the physical person occupy a wider section of the cone (making them harder to predict than those more constrained paths closer to the person, that is, to their present NOW)....anyway, in theory, this is all reversible...meaning one could reverse the "arrow of time" and "go back in time"...but applying the time cone model to this notion, it becomes clear that we may be able (statistically more likely) to recapture/return to recent (past) events in space-time (being closer to the traveler), but as we seek to venture (capture/return to) events further "back" in time, the number of possible alternative pasts began to grow nearly exponentially (related symmetrically to the growth in future possibilities; note: long chains of causality get increasingly difficult to reconstruct/predict the further from NOW you go - this is a general principle applying to both time directions) ...So, this could mean that the "past" you are returning to is not your own, but only one of a multitude of possible pasts (maybe someone else's past)...as you can see, this is probably why cosmologists who discuss time theories often end up talking about "parallel universes". Also, in this model, it is possible 9and in fact actual) that you can / do move in both time directions simultaneously; what this means for the possibility of time travel is an open question (and may in fact limit this possibility). I'll save that for another time (get it?).

bowtiesarecool

I first heard Michio Kaku talk about the sending messages through time on the science channel. Unfortunately I can't remember where he said the experiments were done or who they were by, all I remember is that they said they succeeded in sending messages a few minutes into the future. (I know some people are not a fan of him or of the channel, etc. I don't know what your views are on that, but I don't think they'd be allowed to just make up lies or anything.)

But here is a link another user here posted about the subject:

Time Travel Communication - Sending Messages Through Time Can Be Possible - Says Professor - MessageToEagle.com

and there is a whole thread about it. I'm new here so I'm not quite sure how to post links to threads, but I believe the thread was started by opmur (hope I spelled that right), so if you just look him up on here, it should show all the threads he's posted and you can find it. Actually, I'd recommend reading anything he's posted. They're all quite interesting.

There's also a guy who posts in various places around the web as both Reactor and Time_Crime1986 who says he is doing experiments with sending messages through time using computers. He's easy to find if you look. I don't understand a lot of what he's talking about because it's technospeak, but maybe you would.