Questions regarding Past Time Travel

Eddsworldftw11

Alright. I think I made up my mind on this. I'm going to try to experience Time Travel to the Past. But I got some questions:

1. Is there a way to have you Travel through time in a way where you wake up in the destination time, and only you know what happened in the future? (Kind of like what happens when Homura Akemi travels to the Past. She wakes up at the destination time.)

2. If such way exists, can objects from the future be brought to the past with the traveller as a proof of what happened in the future?

9th Wave

Alright. I think I made up my mind on this. I'm going to try to experience Time Travel to the Past. But I got some questions:

1. Is there a way to have you Travel through time in a way where you wake up in the destination time, and only you know what happened in the future? (Kind of like what happens when Homura Akemi travels to the Past. She wakes up at the destination time.)

2. If such way exists, can objects from the future be brought to the past with the traveller as a proof of what happened in the future?
You should never bring anything through the time leap.

Eddsworldftw11

Aah. But, still, is this kind of Time Travel possible?

9th Wave

Such a device does exist, but not in our modern technological reach.

But once you come back to the original time, everything would be different.

Eddsworldftw11

Such a device does exist, but not in our modern technological reach.

But once you come back to the original time, everything would be different.
Well, is there an alternative to this which allows the traveller to actually interact with anything in the destination time and change everything? (Bringing objects to the past with you is optional, but at least the traveller wakes up in the destination time or is in where he was in the Destination time, eliminating the possibility of having a future self and a present self physically at the same time)

(Taking another example at Homura, physically, she is her past self (Moemura and Homura are the same person), but she is actually her future self, as she have travelled in time, trying to save Madoka for a long time.)

Last edited:

mistertimes

you cant eliminate the other you.. unless you kill him or her...or unless they passed on already in that universe...or unless they were never born to begin with in that universe...

when you go back you create a different universe ...even if its by the smallest changes.. it wont change the fact that you may be there already ..and its not you ..its just someone who is tangled to you but it is not you in the physical ..you are 2 different biological beings

Eddsworldftw11

you cant eliminate the other you.. unless you kill him or her...or unless they passed on already in that universe...or unless they were never born to begin with in that universe...

when you go back you create a different universe ...even if its by the smallest changes.. it wont change the fact that you may be there already ..and its not you ..its just someone who is tangled to you but it is not you in the physical ..you are 2 different biological beings
What I'm talking about and try to figure out, looking at the 2 Homura examples I made, is a way of travelling through time in a manner of sorts that when I wake up, it's the destination time, and I'm physically past me, yet I still know what happened in the original Present Time. Meaning that physically, you're past you, yet in other aspects (especially on the subject of what you remember about the future), you're present / future you.

If that kind of situation is possible, it would eliminate the need to kill the other me's physical body and cause undue complications. In the scenarios I posed, the traveller used a version of time travel where instead of physically being his / her future self in the past, he / she is still in the body of the past self, but he consciously knows what happened in the future. Effectively making him the Future self and the past self at the same time.

Another Homura example: Each timeline Homura wakes up to, she physically looked like how she looked like in the very first timeline (the timeline before Homura have access to Time Travel), without any "Future Homura" in sight, fulfilling the criteria of not having a future you physically appear (example of the opposite is when 2 incarnations of the Doctor meet each other. They are the same person, yet they are different in form). Instead, Future Homura is inside Past Homura, and isn't separate from Past Homura, since the Homura that appears in the public have the body and form of the Past Homura and the Mental and Consciousness of the Future Homura.

Eddsworldftw11

Seems that this thread is dead. Oh, well. If the admins got something to add before locking the topic, please do so. I'm trying to find a working way to travel back to the past and interact with it.

Scientific, or Magical, as long as it works, it can be done by amateurs, and allows the user to interact with the past, I'll take it.

Last edited: