Questions that may not have answers:

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor

For many years I’ve had some deep thoughts about questions that may not have answers. I will post some of these from time to time. If any members would like to try to answer the questions, please feel free to do so. Or if members have questions of their own please post them. It would be interesting to see where this thread goes over time.

My first questions:

1. How many souls did God create, when he created human souls?

2. How many souls are currently on this planet earth?

3. Is earth the only planet in the Milky Way with human souls?

Samstwitch

Hi Professor,

QUESTIONS 1 & 2: There are definite answers to these questions, but only God and Jesus know the answers as they are the Creators. :)

QUESTION 3: God, Jesus, and most likely some Angels know the answer to this question.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Hi Samstwitch,

I like your answers, I believe they're probably very correct.

But my question was from the point of view as humans on this earth, what are the answers or best estimates in real numbers.

Professor Opmmur

Weeeeee_Zard

As the drops of rain are water, the oceans are water, the rivers are water... The clouds...and most of our bodies.

Every life is unique as every drop of rain is unique and a lifetime like its fall, it will become ocean but will never be the same drop... It will always be water.

The water inside us is not the same through our life's as its always coming in and out, the same with life. We are all one life there is no division besides our delusions of individuality... A human thing. We want to keep our memories and experiences for ever so we make up convenient stories to please our fears.

If you have a tub full of water and pour a glass of red ink and then one glass of blue ink you won't be able to scoop only the blue ink or the red ink with that same cup... We all merge and have a lil bit of each other, it's the order of things known as entropy.

When we die we dilute ourselves into everything and we are/were made of it.

The metaphor of water is just to abstract the idea.

Your existence is not limited by your skin nor your lifetime, your perception of separation is an illusion. You are the people around you, you are the ground under your feet, you are the clouds, the stars, dark matter, the fly on your window, the memories of your loved ones, your art, your work, their art, their work, and the candy wrap in your pocket. Everything.

There is no separate god. We decide to be the leaf, the branch, the tree, the planet, the galaxy, etc.

Be no one to be everyone, nothing in particular to be everything.

Edit: answer1-2-3= there is no such thing as "human" soul.

TnWatchdog

Everyone that is living or has ever lived has a soul. Some souls in evil people go south for eternity. If the earth has...say seven billion people than that would be the current living soul base, now add all the people that have ever lived from day one to this amount. I remember a movie, "The Seventh Sign", when the last soul was born unto earth, at which times the end would come. Interesting movie plot or thought but then again only God knows for sure.
Do alien souls get added to this soul total? That would increase the count as in opmmur's question #3 ponders. I'm no bible scholar...just my thoughts.

Edit. This was post #777 for me...interesting!

BlastTyrant

For many years I’ve had some deep thoughts about questions that may not have answers. I will post some of these from time to time. If any members would like to try to answer the questions, please feel free to do so. Or if members have questions of their own please post them. It would be interesting to see where this thread goes over time.

My first questions:

These Answers are from my Standpoint opmmur.

1. This Definition of God varies, I don't believe a Single being Created the Human race, I believe our Souls are transfered from one life to another possibly traveling many Galaxies or different times. I believe we evolved on this planet from other sources, or even were possibly put here as a experiment by another race.

2. That Varies Greatly as people Die and are born every minute but i believe there are far more souls than actual people on this planet as sometimes souls do not move on.

3. Hard to say, If you believe the Conspiracy Theorists then there is a Family on Mars and a base on the moon, But the Human Race is unique and so are our souls potentially so i would say No there is not any other Planets with the human souls on it.

Weeeeee_Zard

Weeeeee_Zard, The Professor asked 3 questions about the soul. This is NOT a thread to debate whether or not souls exist. For that you would have to start a new thread.

Sorry, then I should've said:

1- zero
2- zero
3- zero

Unless zero is not a valid answer. I'm not debating anything.

Threads where the atheists thoughts aren't welcome should have some kind of disclosure. Please point me to the rules I broke so I can re read them.

My point with the metaphor i shared is:

There is an exact number of raindrops that will fall in the whole existence of this planet or any planet, would we ever have the capability to measure or calculate that?

Now, if you take the word "human" out of the questions then maybe a glimpse of the big picture will be visible behind the fog of androcentric beliefs.

--

Note: I'm not challenging anyone's beliefs, it's what I know and I thought that was ok to share such knowledge to help answer the original questions posted. I didn't know this was a religious dominated forum.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor

My first questions:

These Answers are from my Standpoint opmmur.

1. This Definition of God varies, I don't believe a Single being Created the Human race, I believe our Souls are transfered from one life to another possibly traveling many Galaxies or different times. I believe we evolved on this planet from other sources, or even were possibly put here as a experiment by another race.

2. That Varies Greatly as people Die and are born every minute but i believe there are far more souls than actual people on this planet as sometimes souls do not move on.

3. Hard to say, If you believe the Conspiracy Theorists then there is a Family on Mars and a base on the moon, But the Human Race is unique and so are our souls potentially so i would say No there is not any other Planets with the human souls on it.

I like your answers, you put a lot of thought into your answers. I also agree with your answer #2 100% and on #3 about 80%. On #1, I believe something and/or a God like power created the first souls long before time was created here on the earth dimension and the first souls were created on a much higher level of dimensions and in a higher pure spirit environment and probably nothing existed in the physical as we know it today. I believe in reincarnation, I am aware of many of my past lives.

Please keep in mind: everyone has a different perception on the origin of souls, I’m sure that many people would agree with me and many people would fully disagree with me. That is OK, this thread is not intended to be a debate on the subject of souls. Again, I posted this thread because I really do not have all the answers after many many years pondering the subject.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
How long would we have if the Sun went out?

Posted by Ethan on July 12, 2010

Yo ho! It’s hot, the sun is not a place where we could live.
But here on earth there’d be no life without the light it gives.

We need its light. We need its heat. We need its energy.
Without the sun without a doubt there’d be no you and me. -They Might Be Giants

Ahh, the Sun. Beautiful and blinding to the naked eye, it’s still the source of energy that gave rise to all of the life on Earth that we know.

Image credit: GOES satellite, in the X-ray.

The Sun emits energy all over the light spectrum, from long-wavelength radio waves (many meters long) to visible light to X-rays (just a small fraction of a nanometer). The surface of the Sun is an astounding 5,800 Kelvin, hot enough to melt (or sublime) absolutely everything we know, including tungsten, diamonds, and all known chemical compounds.

But not to worry, we’re a good 93 million miles (150 million km) away from it, where the temperatures are much cooler.

Image credit: the International Space Station crew.

I was recently asked a question that sounds simple, but is actually very deep:

How long would it take for us to notice if the Sun stopped shining?

Well, there are two ways to interpret this, and so I’ll give you the answer to both interpretations.

1.) The Sun simply goes out. If you heat anything up to a temperature of 5,800 Kelvin, it’s going to emit light, much like your standard household bulb does. What if, for example, you suddenly cooled the Sun down to a much lower temperature so that it didn’t emit light anymore? How long would it take us, here on Earth, to notice that?

The only special thought you need to have is that the last of the Sun’s rays would still be on their way towards us when you turned the Sun off. And light doesn’t travel infinitely fast; it travels at the speed of light! So, depending where in its orbit the Earth is, it would take just under eight-and-a-half minutes (anywhere from 8:11 to 8:27, according to my calculations) for the lights to go out. And in this scenario, the Sun would go from its current colossal brightness to pretty much zero, instantaneously.

But what if I wanted a more physically realistic interpretation?

2.) The Sun’s source of power — nuclear fusion in the core — suddenly stopped. This is a lot more interesting, and a lot more difficult to answer. Let’s take a look at the science of what goes on inside the Sun.

The core of the Sun — the innermost quarter of it — isn’t at 5,800 Kelvin. It’s more like 14 million Kelvin. Inside, it converts about 620 million tonnes of Hydrogen into Helium every second, releasing the energy equivalent of 1.8 billion of the most powerful nuclear weapon ever detonated. Every second.

But that energy that gets made in the core? Yeah, you wish it looked like sunlight. Instead, it’s ultra-high-energy gamma radiation, which will either give you green skin and huge muscles when you get angry,

or will cause cancer and certain death, depending on whether you listen to Stan Lee or medical science.

But, fortunately, these gamma rays have hundreds of thousands of kilometers of Sun to go through before they head towards us. And this, perhaps unsurprisingly, is hard.

Each gamma-ray photon, once made, travels a maximum of a few millimeters before it gets absorbed and re-radiated. But when this happens, it gets re-radiated in a random direction and at a lower energy. It’s still a photon, mind you, so it still moves at the speed of light, but it has to bounce around an incredible number of times, losing all that energy time and time again, until it finally reaches the surface of the Sun. Some take longer and reach lower energies, others get out more quickly while they still have higher energies, producing a nice, smooth spectrum.

How long does this process take? Between 10,000 and 170,000 years. That’s not an uncertainty, mind you. The ones that “get lucky” and get out quickly take about 10,000 years to do it, and are responsible for the highest energy (high frequency and short-wavelength) emissions of light, such as X-ray and ultraviolet light. The ones that take longer have more collisions and lose more energy, as they spend more time bouncing around in the Sun.

So what does this mean, overall? If the Sun suddenly stopped fusing hydrogen into heavier elements, here’s how things would change (neglecting the collapse of the interior of the star that would ensue):

1. For the first 10,000 years, everything would appear the same as always; there would be no drop in any measurable quantity coming from the Sun.
  2. After 10,000 years, the X-rays, UV-rays, and bluer forms of light would start to disappear from the Sun’s spectrum. To us, on Earth, it would appear that the Sun was gradually cooling.
  3. After 170,000 years of gradual cooling, the Sun would have changed colors from yellow to orange to red to deep, dark red, and would have gotten progressively dimmer. Over these 160,000 years, the Sun would drop from its current brightness to about one-thousandth of that brightness. In other words, the Sun would look as bright from Earth as it appears from Pluto today.
  4. Beyond 170,000 years, the Sun will fade out of the visible spectrum and will only emit infrared light; at this point, there’s nothing left to prevent the Sun from collapsing under its own gravity.
So the answer, surprisingly, is that if the Sun “went out,” we’d have about 10,000 years before we noticed anything, and even then, it would just be a gradual dimming and cooling for over 100,000 years while we figured out what to do about it!

Luckily, with the laws of physics in place, this isn’t something we have to worry about, but that doesn’t mean I won’t cash in on the film rights…

Last edited: