Radio Shack is closing 1100 stores

HDRKID

Radio Shack is closing 1100 stores. They are losing even more money. Loss is 191.4 million compared to 63.3 million a year ago. Sales are down 19% and stock is down 23%.

UPDATE 3-RadioShack sales tumble 20 pct; to close up to 1,100 stores| Reuters

Steven Gibbs told me that they are going bankrupt in 2015 or 2016. He has since found parts he can use at other companies. Radio Shack keeps on losing money. They cannot keep going. I predicted back in 2005 that they would go bankrupt before Dec 31, 2019. Still holding to my prediction and it seems they are no long for our universe.

RadioShack to Close Up to 1,100 Stores - WSJ.com

Carl Miller

I predicted back in 2005 that they would go bankrupt before Dec 31, 2019. Still holding to my prediction and it seems they are no long for our universe. HDRKID

Sad news for this chain of stores.
By Jove! We get astonished at the escalating episodes of violence like this.

Last edited:

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Last year I went into Radio Shack to buy a watch battery. They had the size I wanted for 10 dollars. I walked out. Went home and punched my battery number into Ebay search. A guy in Arizona sells them for 10 for two dollars with free shipping. Three days later the batteries were in my mailbox. Now chances are that the shelf life of these batteries is probably five years. My watch uses one up a year. So my usage cost would be 40 cents a battery. I would have paid two dollars for just one battery. And the guy in Arizona is obviously making a profit. So I don't understand why Radio Shack is killing its business with these high prices. But it does appear to be deliberate from my point of view. There is probably some corporate buy out scheme in the works behind all this.