Real Case of Demonic Possesssion?

Mike Burke

The case of "Julia" seems to be the best documented case of demonic possession (with clear evidence of the supernatural, documented by a board certified, licensed, practicing psychiatrist.)

Here's some of the supernatural phenomena this Psychiatrist documented in this case.

Because of the complexity of this case, we assembled a team to assist. At varying points, this group comprised several qualified mental-health personnel, at least four Catholic priests, a deacon and his wife, two nuns (both nurses, one psychiatric), and several lay volunteers. We made a number of phone calls to arrange gathering together to help Julia. Julia herself was not in on these phone discussions; she was far from the area at the time. Astonishingly, Julia's "other" voice -- again sometimes deep, sometimes high pitched -- would actually interrupt the telephone conversations and somehow come in over the phone line! The voice(s) would espouse the same messages: "Leave her alone," "Leave, you idiots," "Get away from her," "She's ours." Julia, again, said later that she was unaware of any such conversation. And yet this speech was heard distinctly by several of the team on a number of occasions.

As mentioned, even outside her trances, Julia unmistakably displayed "psychic" abilities; put another way, her presence was clearly associated with paranormal events. Sometimes objects around her would fly off the shelves, the rare phenomenon of psychokinesis known to parapsychologists. Julia was also in possession of knowledge of facts and occurrences beyond any possibility of their natural acquisition. She commonly reported information about the relatives, household composition, family deaths and illnesses, etc., of members of our team, without ever having observed or been informed about them. As an example, she knew the personality and precise manner of death (i.e., the exact type of cancer) of a relative of a team member that no one could conceivably have guessed. She once spoke about the strange behavior of some inexplicably frenzied animals beyond her direct observation: Though residing in another city, she commented, "So those cats really went berserk last night, didn't they?" the morning after two cats in a team member's house uncharacteristically had violently attacked each other at about 2 AM.
Among the Many Counterfeits, a Case of Demonic Possession -- High Strangeness -- Sott.net

Looks credible to me.

What do you think?

The only thing I don't get is the artwork that accompanies this article.

Does anyone know what it is that that little, ugly, gargoyle like thing is supposed to be sitting on (and is that a wheel on the side of whatever it is)?

Wind7

Staff
'Blaise Pascal, the 17th-century mathematical genius, was an ardent student of human nature and religious history. He had an interesting comment about the issues under consideration here. Recorded in the Pensées is his astute reflection that "there would be no false miracles were there not true miracles."

Much superstition, exaggeration, fakery, and sheer ignorance have accompanied the history of both purported miracles and suspected diabolic activity throughout the life of the Church. The harm to the faith and the harm to individuals can be great, a truism never more evident than today. Behind these false traditions, however, as Pascal well grasped, lay the real thing, the originals from which the Frenchman well knew the counterfeits drew their false legitimacy. In this and every age, going back to the Gospels themselves, we refer ultimately to the consistent record of the healing and freeing power of our Lord Himself, on body and soul, as manifested to the unbiased mind. My task here has been to provide some guidance in discerning the counterfeit, but also in acknowledging the very infrequent but legitimate cases of diabolic activity. Contrary to what secular opinion facilely asserts, an objective medical view can confidently conclude that assaults by the devil, like genuine miracles, are rare but quite real scientific facts, verifiable to all who are not afraid to confront the truth.'

Possession is not 'light fare' nor entertainment, ask any Jesuit Priest about the subject and you
may get more than bargained for. ;) It's usually kept under strict confidentiality for a reason.

To publicize such 'logistics' is rarified under these conditions.

The whole was a very thorough read, especially from the psychiatric views or actual conditions
an 'infilicted' person may have instead of possession but, the ending paragraph more or less sums it up nicely.
Science AND Theology need to co-exist to measure the truthes...And falsities, especially in the 21st century.

This could be a truthful documentation....Not sure really,
one would have to do backgrounds on all whom were named.

Mike Burke

'Blaise Pascal, the 17th-century mathematical genius, was an ardent student of human nature and religious history. He had an interesting comment about the issues under consideration here. Recorded in the Pensées is his astute reflection that "there would be no false miracles were there not true miracles."

Much superstition, exaggeration, fakery, and sheer ignorance have accompanied the history of both purported miracles and suspected diabolic activity throughout the life of the Church. The harm to the faith and the harm to individuals can be great, a truism never more evident than today. Behind these false traditions, however, as Pascal well grasped, lay the real thing, the originals from which the Frenchman well knew the counterfeits drew their false legitimacy. In this and every age, going back to the Gospels themselves, we refer ultimately to the consistent record of the healing and freeing power of our Lord Himself, on body and soul, as manifested to the unbiased mind. My task here has been to provide some guidance in discerning the counterfeit, but also in acknowledging the very infrequent but legitimate cases of diabolic activity. Contrary to what secular opinion facilely asserts, an objective medical view can confidently conclude that assaults by the devil, like genuine miracles, are rare but quite real scientific facts, verifiable to all who are not afraid to confront the truth.'

Possession is not 'light fare' nor entertainment, ask any Jesuit Priest about the subject and you
may get more than bargained for. ;) It's usually kept under strict confidentiality for a reason.

To publicize such 'logistics' is rarified under these conditions.

The whole was a very thorough read, especially from the psychiatric views or actual conditions
an 'infilicted' person may have instead of possession but, the ending paragraph more or less sums it up nicely.
Science AND Theology need to co-exist to measure the truthes...And falsities, especially in the 21st century.

This could be a truthful documentation....Not sure really,
one would have to do backgrounds on all whom were named.
Thank you.

I guess you could start with Dr. Richard E. Gallagher (who is a practicing psychiatrist, and I don't really see what someone in his profession would have to gain from lying about this, except maybe the ridicule of his peers), but where would you go from there?

On a lighter note, do you have any idea what that cartoon is supposed to be?

Is that some kind of a square stone throne with wheels?

Last edited:

TnWatchdog

Reading this post reminded me of Linda Blair in The Exorcist. That movie really freaked me out so I think I wouldn't want to witness a real exorcism.

TimeFlipper

The case of "Julia" seems to be the best documented case of demonic possession (with clear evidence of the supernatural, documented by a board certified, licensed, practicing psychiatrist.)

Here's some of the supernatural phenomena this Psychiatrist documented in this case.

Because of the complexity of this case, we assembled a team to assist. At varying points, this group comprised several qualified mental-health personnel, at least four Catholic priests, a deacon and his wife, two nuns (both nurses, one psychiatric), and several lay volunteers. We made a number of phone calls to arrange gathering together to help Julia. Julia herself was not in on these phone discussions; she was far from the area at the time. Astonishingly, Julia's "other" voice -- again sometimes deep, sometimes high pitched -- would actually interrupt the telephone conversations and somehow come in over the phone line! The voice(s) would espouse the same messages: "Leave her alone," "Leave, you idiots," "Get away from her," "She's ours." Julia, again, said later that she was unaware of any such conversation. And yet this speech was heard distinctly by several of the team on a number of occasions.

As mentioned, even outside her trances, Julia unmistakably displayed "psychic" abilities; put another way, her presence was clearly associated with paranormal events. Sometimes objects around her would fly off the shelves, the rare phenomenon of psychokinesis known to parapsychologists. Julia was also in possession of knowledge of facts and occurrences beyond any possibility of their natural acquisition. She commonly reported information about the relatives, household composition, family deaths and illnesses, etc., of members of our team, without ever having observed or been informed about them. As an example, she knew the personality and precise manner of death (i.e., the exact type of cancer) of a relative of a team member that no one could conceivably have guessed. She once spoke about the strange behavior of some inexplicably frenzied animals beyond her direct observation: Though residing in another city, she commented, "So those cats really went berserk last night, didn't they?" the morning after two cats in a team member's house uncharacteristically had violently attacked each other at about 2 AM.
Among the Many Counterfeits, a Case of Demonic Possession -- High Strangeness -- Sott.net

Looks credible to me.

What do you think?

The only thing I don't get is the artwork that accompanies this article.

Does anyone know what it is that that little, ugly, gargoyle like thing is supposed to be sitting on (and is that a wheel on the side of whatever it is)?
I believe its an Illuminati symbol..

Wind7

Staff
I think the gargoyle/spirit drawing is a symbolic rendering
of a possessed 'patient sitting in
a wheelchair'.

An embellishment of the written story.

Possessed patient= demon in wheelchair.

IMO.

Mike Burke

Thank you.

But if it were a wheel chair, shouldn't there be handles in the back of it?

And the seat seems to be a cube reaching all the way down to the ground.

The more I look at it, the more it looks like an outhouse seat (and the more that round thing on the side looks like the hole cover), but demons are suppose to be non corporeal.

Is that some kind of Illuminati symbol (or is it more of a joke)?