Recurring Dreams

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
We've all had recurring dreams - you know, those exact same dreams that happen over and over. What is the science behind these why do they happen?

Psychology Today says that about 70% of adults experience these. Falling and being late are common themes. They also suggest that they are linked to unsolved problems.

What's Behind Your Recurring Dreams

I had one last night. I was in high school and couldn't find my locker. I searched for hours and hours, almost going in circles. When I finally found it, the combination didn't work. I wake up sweating. Another one I have often is also in high school. I can't find my classes. I search over and over for hours until I finally miss the class. In some cases, I've missed class all year and am worried about failing. Another similar theme is not being able to find my school bus to go home.

Does anyone know why I keep having these? I haven't been in high school since 1989. :ROFLMAO: I can't figure out what conflict I am having. Not reaching my goals?

bluejay_1919

What was your high school experience like? Good or bad? Do you feel like you maybe missed out on alot in Highschool? Or maybe you felt lost...perhaps your identity, like you didn't know who you truly were in Highschool? Just wondering...

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
What was your high school experience like? Good or bad? Do you feel like you maybe missed out on alot in Highschool? Or maybe you felt lost...perhaps your identity, like you didn't know who you truly were in Highschool? Just wondering...

Yes, basically. I was more or less a loner. Hated high school.