Resource Limit Is Reached

heka2015

I get that a lot lately:

Resource Limit Is Reached
The website is temporarily unable to service your request as it exceeded resource limit. Please try again later.

Just me or anybody else?
Actually its happening right now.

heka

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I'm seeing this too. I'm in California. Maybe the site is under a DDOS attack.

heka2015

i get it for days now.

The site is loading very slow (15-20 sec).
I'm in europe.

Using the site logged out is considerably faster.
Looks more like, that we reached the server-limit.
"Posting too much, we are"
Don't know the setup of the server though.
Limiting the draft saves could be a good idea, but now im just guessing.

well, lets see what the man says ( @Num7 )

P.S.: netstat should do the trick

Last edited:

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Seems that we were the victims on a DOS attack earlier today, because when there weren't a lot of people at the time.

Situation is back to normal right now, but I'm considering using CloudFlare in order to gain some speed and reduce the impact of traffic peaks.

The screenshot you posted shows that parts of the style sheet didn't load on your end. Where are you located in the world and what Internet browser are you using?

heka2015

Seems that we were the victims on a DOS attack earlier today, because when there weren't a lot of people at the time.

Situation is back to normal right now, but I'm considering using CloudFlare in order to gain some speed and reduce the impact of traffic peaks.

The screenshot you posted shows that parts of the style sheet didn't load on your end. Where are you located in the world and what Internet browser are you using?

Catalonia/Spain
Firefox 42.0/Linux

There were like 60 to 80 guests if i recall correctly (the moment starting the thread)
And like i said this happend quite often the past week but not extrem like today.

Now everything works fine, though. Style, loading-time and reaction-time back to normal.

heka2015

various actually
- clean debian with lxde for my media/kodi machine TV connected
- kubuntu for my main machine
- puppy linux on a pendrive just in case to go
- wifiway for network issues also as a live system on the same pen

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I just submitted an upgrade request to our hosting provider to put us in a bigger, stronger hosting plan. It should stop those Resource limit is reached messages from happening.

I'll update you once the upgrade is completed, possibly in the next 24 hours.

And yes, it happens because the traffic on the forum has slightly increased recently. So it's actually a positive problem, if I can say so.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Since this morning, Paranormalis is running on a new upgraded hosting plan. No more down times because too many people are visiting our community!

This hosting plan seems to do the job, while also giving us plenty of room to continue growing. Sweet!