Debate russian troops on border of iran

TnWatchdog

Israel takes a strike at Iran to take out it's nuclear threat. We support Israel and Russia supports Iran...in other works we are in a war against Russia. This is a big problem and could be the biggest "end times senerio" we face. Just like a volcano eruption, we could hear about this eruption at any time in the news tomorrow or next week. Reminds me of Bible prophecy...The country we know as Russia invades from the north...Very interesting!

Peregrini

This could be an interesting premise:
We support Israel and Russia supports Iran...in other works we are in a war against Russia

If we hadn't already done that very thing during the first Persian Gulf War. Iraq was using Russian military equipment and had Russian advisors training their troops and in some cases AA was manned by Russians. We defeated them in about 3 weeks if I remember correctly. Soon after that the Russian military began re-organizing. There is no single military that can stand against the US military short of a nuclear exchange. This isn't exuberant patriotism, it is a fact. Even with Obama's cuts to the military, it is still the strongest on the Earth because of hardware, training, and the devotion of the People who wear the uniform. There are none better.

Sean

Russia and the United States have a zero probability rate of attacking each other. First of all, Russia, believe it or not, is a failing military power. It is starting to sell all of its military technology and resource, and it doesn't have any population to compete with. The United States is currently occupied on the crisis in the Southern China seas, and the fishing island problem, so the US also does not have any time to deal with these trifles. Above all, if the US and Russia did try to start a fight, no doubt that other countries will join it too, and this could evolve into a mess. The most that could come out of this is probably just another cold war with puppet countries in lieu.

Justinian

I don't know if any of you are from Eastern Europe or not.. But one thing I find while traveling through there is that these people are only about 20 years after the fall of the Soviet Union. And so their memories are still fresh on what the Russians did to them. Some of them still holding the keys to part of the Soviet Nuclear arsenal. So I'm pretty sure that Russia isn't going to try anything. Russia's big ace in their pocket right now is natural gas. All of these former Soviet countries and a lot of Europe get their winter heating gas from Russia. This is why in recent years Russia doesn't threaten anyone with military might.. they hold the key to heating europe. And they did this a few years ago. The Polish angered them, so they shut off the gas for a while until they were willing to cooperate.

China and NK.. yeah they have large armies. but China just recently doubled it's yearly military spending.. I forget the exact numbers, but this still leaves them at spending only like 1/10th of what the US spends on it's military each year. But, I do disagree with most of you at the failing military might of the sleeping Bear of mother Russia. These people can be relentless and ruthless. Human rights there don't go as far as the rest of the world. They had a piece of equipment they let us borrow one time, that was technology that we didn't possess yet. So this already shows you that although they seem like they are behind us.. they are not. Trust me they are not falling behind technologically. But the problem with this tech that they gave us was that it wasn't safe to be within 50yds of this thing. When we asked how they turned it on and didn't have a remote.. they said they basically "volunteered" someone to run over and turn it on then run back before something bad happened.. I guess to turn it off .. hell i didn't even want to ask how they turned it off. But these guys did it. They didn't care that they could die. Most countries of the world don't have a really good national patriotism. As Americans, we generally have a strong allegiance to our country and pride in being Americans. A lot of countries don't show this. They are just like.. yeah I guess I'm from.. XXXX. But Russians are like us. They are proud to be Russians. they are proud (mostly) to serve their country. And they will all (men, women, children) take up arms to defend her as history has shown, time and again. And there's a online magazine called, VICE.. they did a video journal of going into Siberia and found NK slave labor camps there out in the open.

So waking the sleeping bear means angering the red dragon. So it's not a question of can the US defeat Russia.. it's a matter of is it worth it? And the backlash of what countries would get involved. WW2 was close to being a world war, but there were still unspoiled places in the world.. With the advent of the technology we have now, a WW3 would mean devastation worldwide. No country would be safe. And everyone would need to choose sides or face elimination. Russia has the top hackers in the world. and with so much privitization in the US military, shutting down banks could be devastating. And a winter in Europe with no heating gas from Russia would mean that European powers would need to think really hard about going against Russia. Then you've got all these African nations that are used to war like it's second nature and are willing to merc themselves out for pennies on the dollar. In Iraq, we had Ugandan guards that guarded some of the towers, and base facilities and some of the gates. These guys made about 300-400 USD per month. And they came in literally by the bus load. So you can realistically buy an entire army from Uganda for dirt cheap. Also.. Iran is pushing buttons in South America. And it's starting to show. The conference of the America's some of the countries already said that unless Cuba is admitted to the next conference, they would not come again. Iran is also donating millions to some of the countries in South America in an effort to gain support and take it from the US. And with Chavez already staunchly against us.. that means that we could have problems coming from the south. We've got Israel cashing checks with threats that I'm not sure our asses are ready to cash. Pakistan using the funds we give them and not helping us. And their longstanding border stand off with India.. japan has their own problems right now.. so not sure how much help they'll be at this point. And I'm not really sure how much of an Ally South Africa is going to be if shit hits the fan. So that basically leaves us with.. Saudi Arabia(cause they hate Iran), Poland(cause they don't mind going without heating gas.), and Canada.. well and the UK, if they don't chicken out bc of their north sea oil projects near Russia being put at risk.

So regardless of what anyone may think or say.. We are in the middle of a modern era cold war.. only this time its not Nukes.. it's an economical cold war.. and I really hate to say it, but I think America is losing.

Justinian

Thank you.. when war is your business, you tend to keep up on where and what might influence my job security.