Smoking Gun Proof John Titor Is Morey Haber?

I would love to hear from people who still believe as well, but I don't blame them for not wanting to face this community with everyone's pitchforks at the ready. And I would love proof as well, but I don't believe Razimus offered that. At best, it could be described as sensational journalism. His "proof" was circumstantial. "Smoking Gun" implies that no more inference is needed. Murder weapon has been found. Case closed. In my opinion, analyzing writing styles (without even so much as a control study) and the email of the Haber's reaction to his 'story breaking' does not qualify as proof in my mind. Granted, I did turn his video off at the 45 minute mark, so if Razimus waited that long to drop the conclusive evidence-- then by all means, fill me in. But can you honestly say that without any doubt that it was the Habers who created this story? Despite whether or not you think Titor was made up... Who can say for sure that the Titor story didn't already exist (real or hoax) and the Habers stole it and ran with it, so to speak? A fingerprint at the crime scene may be enough to indict you of a crime, but it isn't enough to convict you.

I thought the Haber's might have stolen the story. ISort of an "outhoaxing the hoaxers" type of thing. This was until I learned John Titor's IP address was traced back to a small town outside of Orlando, Fl. called Celebration. A public records search proved that Morey Haber was living in Celebration at the same time Titor was posting. If John Titor was real then that means he would have been posting from a small town of 7,000 people at the same time Morey Haber was residing there. The other Haber brothers lived in the approximate area as well. The coincidence of Titor and Morey Haber being in the same place at the same time is too much for me to ignore. The package Pamela received from Titor was postmarked from a post office in Orlando. The same city where Larry Haber's office was located.

There is also the damning quotes from Arthur Haber:

"Someone made a prop. You can see from my work the wood grain reflecting off the black painted side. It was a bad homemade paint job."

"I did ask Larry the original intention of this whole thing... It was done for fun, and amusement, something small and simple that took on a life of its own..."

“This was a controlled hoax, and when I rewind these years, I think somewhere it was said let’s see how far the internet will take this…”

"Larry is the sole owner of the John Titor business and he's making a movie."

"The last time we chatted about this as a family it was only that it was a client of his (Larry). Morey did and does know. He may have lived near Larry when he lived in Celebration"

"When I asked why (his client) Larry said it would give it away."

Even though I don't believe Titor is a time traveler I support archiving and keeping his posts preserved. It is a piece of Internet folklore that should be maintained.

Ike

I thought the Haber's might have stolen the story. ISort of an "outhoaxing the hoaxers" type of thing. This was until I learned John Titor's IP address was traced back to a small town outside of Orlando, Fl. called Celebration. A public records search proved that Morey Haber was living in Celebration at the same time Titor was posting. If John Titor was real then that means he would have been posting from a small town of 7,000 people at the same time Morey Haber was residing there. The other Haber brothers lived in the approximate area as well. The coincidence of Titor and Morey Haber being in the same place at the same time is too much for me to ignore. The package Pamela received from Titor was postmarked from a post office in Orlando. The same city where Larry Haber's office was located.

"Someone made a prop. You can see from my work the wood grain reflecting off the black painted side. It was a bad homemade paint job."

"I did ask Larry the original intention of this whole thing... It was done for fun, and amusement, something small and simple that took on a life of its own..."

“This was a controlled hoax, and when I rewind these years, I think somewhere it was said let’s see how far the internet will take this…”

"The last time we chatted about this as a family it was only that it was a client of his (Larry). Morey did and does know. He may have lived near Larry when he lived in Celebration"

Even though I don't believe Titor is a time traveler I support archiving and keeping his posts preserved. It is a piece of Internet folklore that should be maintained.
I have to disagree. There is no hard evidence either way. It's all speculative.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

I have to disagree. There is no hard evidence either way. It's all speculative.

Razimus has real e-mails form these people. It's not speculative. They confessed. How is a confession speculation?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I would love to hear from people who still believe as well, but I don't blame them for not wanting to face this community with everyone's pitchforks at the ready. And I would love proof as well, but I don't believe Razimus offered that. At best, it could be described as sensational journalism. His "proof" was circumstantial. "Smoking Gun" implies that no more inference is needed. Murder weapon has been found. Case closed. In my opinion, analyzing writing styles (without even so much as a control study) and the email of the Haber's reaction to his 'story breaking' does not qualify as proof in my mind. Granted, I did turn his video off at the 45 minute mark, so if Razimus waited that long to drop the conclusive evidence-- then by all means, fill me in. But can you honestly say that without any doubt that it was the Habers who created this story? Despite whether or not you think Titor was made up... Who can say for sure that the Titor story didn't already exist (real or hoax) and the Habers stole it and ran with it, so to speak? A fingerprint at the crime scene may be enough to indict you of a crime, but it isn't enough to convict you.

Hi there. I used to be one of Titor's biggest supporters until I saw the e-mail confessions and those are what turned me around 360. It was obvious all along -- the Habers stood out like sore thumbs.
But I was in denial.

Anyway, I agree that it was a great story and part of internet history and urban legend, especially since the whole thing grew the way it did.

Nice to meet you.

Paula

Snow

Here's my thing: Larry is supposed to be a professional lawyer. If Titor were a real client, Larry would not have betrayed his confidentiality by involving his entire (Haber) family in his client's case. That would be unethical and unprofessional. I think a lawyer would get in big trouble by posting videos about a client's case and disclosing information to all of his brothers and nephew. Lawyers don't do that. My brother is a lawyer and he won't even talk about his job. So, this alone should be one huge clue....that and the fact that the Habers admitted the hoax in emails.

Many people, especially the mentally ill, will not see the logic in this. It's sad, but true.

I still plan on keeping my web site. It was a fun story and almost a legend, so no harm done. And if they decide to make a Titor movie, maybe I can sell my domains. :LOL:

Incidentally, TR threw his temper tantrum as predicted. Book sales must be down.

He wants us to mark our threads as Confirmed Hoax. Something to consider.

Sounds like good logic to me, about the confidentiality - and some Haber's even went on an Italian TV program, I think. That would just be wrong if Titor was a real client.

So, I'm out of touch - Who is TR?

HDRKID

I like the idiom of the smoking gun. Perhaps, in our future, it will morph into the radioactive ray gun. Speaking of idiom, John Titor did not use any. He was banging away on his keyboard, but he did utter zippo 2036 slang as in zero. Certainly, that was a big kahuna tip off for most of us. Reading it now is pure comedy gold.

BTW, I predicted the end of black berry and here we are.
BlackBerry's share of the smartphone market is virtually zero

The shotgun Infantry Unit was the tip-off that he was a fake for me. John Titor is the real deal, a real jokester of the highest caliber.

WW3survivalMeme-590x590.jpg

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Here's my thing: Larry is supposed to be a professional lawyer. If Titor were a real client, Larry would not have betrayed his confidentiality by involving his entire (Haber) family in his client's case. That would be unethical and unprofessional. I think a lawyer would get in big trouble by posting videos about a client's case and disclosing information to all of his brothers and nephew. Lawyers don't do that. My brother is a lawyer and he won't even talk about his job. So, this alone should be one huge clue....that and the fact that the Habers admitted the hoax in emails.

Many people, especially the mentally ill, will not see the logic in this. It's sad, but true.

I still plan on keeping my web site. It was a fun story and almost a legend, so no harm done. And if they decide to make a Titor movie, maybe I can sell my domains. :LOL:

Incidentally, TR threw his temper tantrum as predicted. Book sales must be down.

He wants us to mark our threads as Confirmed Hoax. Something to consider.

Sounds like good logic to me, about the confidentiality - and some Haber's even went on an Italian TV program, I think. That would just be wrong if Titor was a real client.

So, I'm out of touch - Who is TR?

Temporal Recon. Anonymous author that lurks here and throws temper tantrums on his blog like a liberal. He's banned here because he came in and started insulting people and causing trouble. He is now mad that people haven't moved past Titor. Yes, he contradicts himself. The thing is, there are new people coming into the topic, so by throwing his tantrums on his blog, he's insulting people who are just curious about the legend. Oh well. What can you do? I suspect he is a liberal because he seems to only believe in free speech when applied to himself.