Something I noticed about JTs predictions

Darkwolf

Theres gonna be a draft. At the rate we are losing troops and how much we have used the reserves already we are destined for another vietnam. Although we won't be as peaceful at home.

Thats saying quite a lot. May you live in interasting times.

DWOMT

Draft Schmaft. I'm 23 years old and male. When the draft comes, I'll just have to politely decline their offer :lol:

Cornelia

In Italy we had draft until last year. Our Constitution says we must have a "people army", and it was not that bad. Men have always something to tell about their service, the funny people they met from all over the country (PhDs from cities were together with farmers from small south villages in the army, you can't believe what happened in those buildings! :lol:), and when they begin to laugh about service during a party, women can be sure they go on until late night! (veeery boooring!)
But anyway, it was not so bad because they all were sure they'd never go to war. We have some Special Corps for emergency times, and all the other people had some training and that was all. More or less, they enjoyed themselves like at school, and in one year everything was over.

Now the draft has come to an end, because it costed a lot of money. Now it's an army of volunteers, and girls also can go and have access to any army-marine-air career. I know my little kid will never go to army, and I'm happy for that, but I also know he'll miss something that was a good experience for a boy, and very useful to unite the country.

PS Anyway, if you need some tricks to avoid a draft... well, italians are very expert! Just ask! ;)

Darkwolf

Watch the prairiecakes hit the fan when they start to draft girls.

Are you saying thats a bad thing? Equil rights should mean equil responsibilities.

StarLord

It's certainly not working well on the naval ships unless the women are gay, not that that is a bad thing. Close quarters and female and male wiring are not condusive to non fraternization most especially if that woman has her pick of over a hundred men, on a carrier make it a thousand. Now, unless the navy is willing to administer mandatory birth control on all sides it's a up hill battle.

On the other hand, physically, women are wired to endure more pain than any male could. In fact, if males were in charge of giving birth, our species would have maybe lasted 3 generations if that and then died out. I always like the description Bill Crosby gives for giving birth, where you take your upper lip and strech it over your head and tie it to the back of your neck.

It has also been noted that the fury that a female of any species shows when her young are threatened is something noone would choose to contend with in their right mind. I am all for equal pay for equal work. But I must humbly submit that a draft to the front lines and such for women is not a way to go. Police duties and the role women play in it are one thing. All out war is something quite different.

Darkwolf

But I must humbly submit that a draft to the front lines and such for women is not a way to go. Police duties and the role women play in it are one thing. All out war is something quite different.

I am certianly not advocating women on the front lines. They are simply not as physcially capable on average of dealing with combat, and the fratrinization problem can't be allowed to exist there. However they could be very useful in support capacities, and thus free up more men for combat. As a principal, women won equil rights, they are full citizens, they should have every responsibility that us men do.

Judge Bean

Originally posted by Darkwolf@Nov 13 2004, 10:02 PM
Watch the prairiecakes hit the fan when they start to draft girls.

Are you saying thats a bad thing? Equil rights should mean equil responsibilities.

My observation is not my opinion.