St. Malachy Prophecies: The End of Religion - The Last Pope (Petrus Romanus)

JasperMoon

Found it in a flash. It's in the news wire, breaking news forum with Petrus Romanus as the name. Please read! It's to die for!

Samstwitch

Here's the update from Wikipedia on Prophecy of the Popes by St. Malachy

Reassessed: The new Pope Francis, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina, IMO does fit the Prophecy of St. Malachy! See my Post #46 below.

--------------------
Motto No: 111

Motto (Translation): Gloria oliuæ.(Glory of the olive.)

Regnal Name (Reign): Benedict XVI (2005–2013)

Name: Joseph Ratzinger

Explanation Provided in Lignum Vitae: Proponents of the prophecies generally try to draw a connection between Benedict and the Olivetan order to explain this motto: Benedict's choice of papal name is after Saint Benedict of Nursia, founder of the Benedictine Order, of which the Olivetans are one branch.[1][2] Other explanations make reference to him as being a pope dedicated to peace and reconciliations of which the olive branch is the symbol.[125]

--------------------
In perſecutione extrema S.R.E. ſedebit.

In the final persecution of the Holy Roman Church, there will sit.

Explanation Provided in Lignum Vitae: In the Lignum Vitae, the line "In persecutione extrema S.R.E. sedebit." forms a separate sentence and paragraph of its own. While often read as part of the "Peter the Roman" prophecy, other interpreters view it as a separate, incomplete sentence explicitly referring to additional popes between "glory of the olive" and "Peter the Roman".[1]

--------------------

Motto No: 112

Motto (Translation): Peter the Roman, who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations, and when these things are finished, the city of seven hills [i.e. Rome] will be destroyed, and the dreadful judge will judge his people. The End.[13]

Regnal Name (Reign): Francis (2013–present)

Name: Jorge Mario Bergoglio

Explanation Provided in Lignum Vitae: Many analyses of the prophecy note that it is open to the interpretation that additional popes would come between the "glory of the olive" and Peter the Roman.[4][14] Popular speculation by proponents of the prophecy attach this prediction to Benedict XVI's successor.[1] Since Francis's election as Pope, proponents in internet forums have been striving to link him to the prophecy. Theories include a vague connection with Francis of Assisi, whose father was named Peter.[127] Also the Dirty War and the San Patricio Church massacre reminds "Peter the Roman (the argentinian church responsability), who will pasture his sheep in many tribulations"[128].

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Members should listen to the first half hour of Coast-to-Coast AM with the guest and Prophecy expert John Hogue with his reacts to the selection of the new Pope.

The Link: HogueProphecy.com

The first thing that caught my attention was the bird that was sitting on the top of the chimney where the smoke was to come out. John Hogue said that this was basically a sign of the new Pope Francis.

In the first act of his papacy, he chose the name Francis, becoming the namesake of St. Francis of Assisi, who gave up his riches and chose a life of poverty and prayer. St. Francis of Assisi is always pictured with the bird on his shoulder or in his hand.

John Hogue also indicated that St. Francis of Assisi real name was Peter. With a little bit of digging on the Internet, I believe this could be confirmed.

John Hogue also indicated that he did not feel Pope Francis was the evil one, but a very loving Pope, that will make significant changes in the Catholic Church and that the church basically is controlled by the evil ones.

St. Francis of Assisi is always pictured with the bird on his shoulder or in his hand.

Samstwitch

Members should listen to the first half hour of Coast-to-Coast AM with the guest and Prophecy expert John Hogue with his reacts to the selection of the new Pope.

The Link: HogueProphecy.com

The first thing that caught my attention was the bird that was sitting on the top of the chimney where the smoke was to come out. John Hogue said that this was basically a sign of the new Pope Francis.

In the first act of his papacy, he chose the name Francis, becoming the namesake of St. Francis of Assisi, who gave up his riches and chose a life of poverty and prayer. St. Francis of Assisi is always pictured with the bird on his shoulder or in his hand.

John Hogue also indicated that St. Francis of Assisi real name was Peter. With a little bit of digging on the Internet, I believe this could be confirmed.

John Hogue also indicated that he did not feel Pope Francis was the evil one, but a very loving Pope, that will make significant changes in the Catholic Church and that the church basically is controlled by the evil ones.

OMG, Professor, you are CORRECT! St. Francis of Assisi was born "Pietro" which is Italian for "Peter"! I used an online Translator. This changes everything! I will try to find that interview on Youtube. Hopefully, someone will post it. (Don't you have to pay to listen to it on C2C?)

FROM WIKIPEDIA: St. Francis of Assisi (Italian: San Francesco d'Assisi, baptized Giovanni, born Francesco di Pietro di Bernardone; 1181/1182 – October 3, 1226) was an Italian Catholic friar and preacher...After a pilgrimage to Rome, where he joined the poor in begging at the doors of the churches, he said he had a mystical vision of Jesus Christ in the country chapel of San Damiano, just outside of Assisi, in which the Icon of Christ Crucified said to him, "Francis, Francis, go and repair My house which, as you can see, is falling into ruins." He took this to mean the ruined church in which he was presently praying, and so he sold some cloth from his father's store to assist the priest there for this purpose.

I do believe Pope Francis is a good man. I read his biography on Wikipedia. He lived in a small apartment and gave up his limousine to ride using public transit system. He's an advocate for the poor and needy, and has done much good in his life.

I read about the white dove that sat on the chimney where the white smoke was released at the Conclave. Perhaps that was a sign from God that this is a good Pope. When Jesus was baptized, a white dove appeared in the sky above Him, which represented the Holy Spirit.

SUMMARIZING: St. Malachy prophesied every Pope ending with the 112th Pope. He was correct for 111 Popes. For the 112th Pope, he said it would be "Petrus Romanus" translated "Peter the Roman".

The new Pope is the 112th Pope. He has chosen the name "Francis" after St. Francis of Assisi. The new Pope was born in Argentina, but he is full Italian; his parents were Italian.

St. Francis of Assisi's birth name, given name, was "Pietro", which is the Italian name for "Peter". He was born in Italy.

The Vatican, which is now Pope Francis's new home, is in Rome, Italy. WIKIPEDIA "VATICAN CITY": Vatican City is a landlocked sovereign city-state whose territory consists of a walled enclave within the city of Rome.

So, I think perhaps St. Malachy's prophecy has been fulfilled. :cool:

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
The New Pope Update:

In the first half-hour of Coast -to Coast AM March 13. 2013, prophecy expert John Hogue reacted to the selection of the new Pope-- Pope Francis, who took his name from St. Francis of Assisi. In line with St. Malachy's prophecy that the final pope would have Peter in his name, Hogue noted that St. Francis' original name was Francesco di Pietro di Bernardone. He also spoke about one of Nostradamus' quatrains that referred to a new Pope who would hail from ancient France (St. Francis' mother hailed from France), "and make a promise to the enemy who will cause great plague during his reign."

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
The pope's to-do list: 7 challenges facing Francis as he starts his new job

By Erin McClam, Staff Writer, NBC News

Pope Francis has a to-do list as long as his cassock.

The former Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio will lead 1.2 billion Catholics and a church at a crossroads — wrestling with scandal after scandal, changing demographics and calls for liberalization.

1. Cleaning house at the Vatican. Pope Benedict XVI ordered that a report on church bureaucracy be shown to only two men — himself and his successor. After he gives it a read, Francis will have to address backbiting, corruption and cronyism inside the Vatican and increasing pressure to make its finances more open. Church analysts were watching closely to see whether cardinals would elect a Vatican insider protective of church secrecy. Instead they picked a man from halfway around the world.

2. Leading the church out of the sex abuse scandal. The crisis consumed Benedict’s papacy and threatened to overshadow the conclave, with abuse victims even calling for some cardinals to recuse themselves from the selection process. Victims’ groups still want the Vatican to disclose more about its role in failing to protect children. One such organization, the Survivors Network of those Abused by Priests, said it was grateful that Francis was not on its list of the worst choices for pope — but warned that very little about the crisis has been exposed in South America.

3. Getting along with other faiths. Benedict caused a furor when, in 2006, he quoted an emperor who had characterized some teachings of the Prophet Muhammad as “evil and inhuman.” Benedict is credited with repairing rifts with Jews, however, and the new pope has also been praised for cultivating a strong relationship with Judaism. After Francis' election, the head of the World Jewish Congress praised him as someone “known for his open-mindedness.”

4. Winning the West. Benedict couldn’t stop the decline of the church in its traditional stronghold of Europe. Meanwhile in the United States, a Pew study released Wednesday found that only 27 percent of the church’s members defined themselves as “strong” Catholics — a four-decade low. Cardinal Sean O’Malley of Boston, who was considered a papal contender, expressed hope that Francis would fight rising secularism: “We pledge our faithful support for the Holy Father as he leads the Church in proclaiming the New Evangelization, inviting all people to a develop a closer relationship with Christ and to share that gift with others.”

5. Should women be priests? And should priests marry? Francis will have to address growing debate within the church about the celibacy requirement for priests. A priest in Australia admitted last year that he had been married for a year and said “there are more like me.” Benedict also delivered a veiled rebuke to an Austrian priests’ group that wants the church to allow women to be ordained and to get rid of the celibacy requirement.

6. Modernization. Majorities of Catholics in the United States have said in surveys that they want the pope to lead the church in a more liberal direction. A New York Times/CBS News poll of Catholics last week found that six in 10 support gay marriage, and seven in 10 want the church to allow birth control. Three-quarters supported abortion in at least some circumstances. In Argentina, then-Cardinal Bergoglio clashed with the president over a 2010 law allowing gay marriage. “It is a move by the father of lies to confuse and deceive the children of God,” he said.

7. Persecution. Open Doors, a group that documents Christian persecution, reported earlier this year that 100 million Christians are oppressed around the worldwide, with countries in Asia and the Middle East by far the worst offenders. Benedict claimed that Christians are the most oppressed religious group in the world, facing discrimination and often violence. As pope, Francis must also be the church’s most prominent diplomat. “This situation is intolerable,” Benedict said in 2010, “since it represents an insult to God and to human dignity.”

JasperMoon

You're welcome. I listened. People may poo poo it, but you have to look at all what surrounds St. Francis of Assisi. Not only is his ancestry from France, the town of Assisi itself sits in the midst of the birthplace of the Roman civilization. Rome was spawned from the Etruscans. Aeneas, not withstanding, the father. Romulus and Remus were twin sons from the descendants of the kings of these people, the daughter of Numinor (If I can remember) who's brother stole the throne from him before Romulus wrested it back. It all fits like a glove!!!!!!!!

This is the Appian Way's story. This is the major Road of Rome. The Church of St Mary in Palmis (Italian: Chiesa di Santa Maria delle Piante, Latin: Sanctae Maria in Palmis), better known as Chiesa del Domine Quo Vadis, is a small church southeast of Rome, central Italy. It is located about some 800 m from Porta San Sebastiano, where the Via Ardeatina branches off the Appian Way, on the site where, according to the legend, Saint Peter met Jesus while the former was fleeing persecution in Rome. According to the apocryphal Acts of Peter, Peter asked Jesus, "Lord, where are you going?" (Latin: Domine, quo vadis?). Jesus answered, "I am going to Rome to be crucified again" (Latin: Eo Romam iterum crucifigi).
While you're researching, take a tour! Enjoy! He's Peter the Roman.

6-Day Rome, Assisi & Franciscan Sites