Star Wars not Digital

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
What's with not being able to purchase any of the Star Wars movies in digital format? I do not use DVDs or BluRays anymore. I wanted to show Episode IV to my son but can't find it anywhere to download legally. Sure, I COULD download a torrent and push it to my Apple TV via Airplay, BUT now iTunes no longer supports MP4's or anything that is not purchased through the Apple Store. I'd have to download it illegally and play it on my PC only with Quicktime. Apparently, this is what they want. I am not going to buy a BluRay, so basically, whoever owns Star Wars (Sony?) is losing money. Are they really that stupid, or am I missing something?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
What's with not being able to purchase any of the Star Wars movies in digital format? I do not use DVDs or BluRays anymore. I wanted to show Episode IV to my son but can't find it anywhere to download legally. Sure, I COULD download a torrent and push it to my Apple TV via Airplay, BUT now iTunes no longer supports MP4's or anything that is not purchased through the Apple Store. I'd have to download it illegally and play it on my PC only with Quicktime. Apparently, this is what they want. I am not going to buy a BluRay, so basically, whoever owns Star Wars (Sony?) is losing money. Are they really that stupid, or am I missing something?

As I recall, you are legally allowed to backup any DVD or BluRay you have. There are programs that allow you to save that backup into any digital format you choose. Also DVD's And BluRays do not hold their retail value for long. Eventually everything can be had for 5 dollars. Just wait for sales.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

As I recall, you are legally allowed to backup any DVD or BluRay you have. There are programs that allow you to save that backup into any digital format you choose. Also DVD's And BluRays do not hold their retail value for long. Eventually everything can be had for 5 dollars. Just wait for sales.

Yeah, I know - Handbrake with AnyDVD... takes forever... was hoping to avoid doing that stuff again...AND...I run into the issue of iTunes not playing it again...... ARGH......