Debate Stephen Hawking makes it clear: There is no God

C_jami

who is this guy ?!? He come to prove what ? :))) I mean thank you Mr Stephen Hawking for solving the biggest mystery in the world. Carl Miller I don't get with the "rotten religious mindsets". Maybe I don't understand English but do u mean people who follow like a crowd :)) I only believe in what I feel is been with me all the way and no one convince me of that other then my life with good and bad and as beauty it came from inside out :)

Harte

Hawking's statement is that we today have better and more reasonable reasons for the existence of the universe, and therefore we ( at least he,) have (has) no need to postulate a Creator.

He expresses his own personal belief that a Creator God doesn't exist, because physics today can better explain existence than any reliance on such a supernatural Being can.

He's not trying to tell you or I what to believe. He's saying what he believes, and why he believes it.

Harte

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
From what I see, less and less people believe in God these days, especially my generation..(20's-30's) I find it rather sad, to live life without any sense of a higher power...

What really bugs me is the one's who say "If God exists, then why do bad things happen to good people?" Really? So nothing bad is ever supposed to happen just because God exists? No one should ever die? Get sick? What would be the point of life if nothing bad ever happened to anyone?

On the other hand, I disagree with those who don't try and help themselves, expecting God to solve every problem they have...So maybe it's partially our duty as humans to try and find our own heaven during our brief time we're given...

darwi

In my view, physicists really aren't that bright, along with religionists. They seem to have a certain degree of intellectual ability, but not much beyond that. I read Hawkings book about Time. He didn't even seem to understand Time Travel, something I believe is very real. Albert Einstein was not truly the incredible genius he was made out to be either. But Nicola Tesla was brighter than any of them. I suppose I could suggest here that universes, infinite universes throughout the cosmos are continuously being created and uncreated. I could go into more detail what I mean by that, but why bother? Not enough people understand or care.

Carl Miller

Yes, the tendency to imitate and to obey has become a fixed pattern that one hardly ever suspect to be already too entangled and stuck in a habit that has always brought societal acceptance. One is expected to question this entire process though it has become such a rare procedure. Besides the method of reacting societal rules can make a freak out of someone by its invariable means of discrimination, it's best to turn it down. Turning the back to society can only be done with true awareness what hardly ever can be accomplished. It is a fixed pattern to be repeated over and over again. And they say 'hell is repetition'.
When S.H. states the non existence of god perhaps he wishes to make it clear that religionists (those supposed authorities on religion, those who indoctrinate people into their creeds, etc) could not set men free of their limitations. That religions have always fed war and division. That the world is on fire with or without a faith in the existence of god.

Carl Miller

Ideologies do exist, so they are part of life, for those who have one. It is part of his living, in some chaps ideologies do play a very important role-so much so they are often willing to die for it. But others may not think it that way-nothing to drill or die for- just like agnostics seem to be. Right? Having that sense of direction enables one to function in a productive way as far as living in a Consumerist society is concerned. For so many this is that 'sense of direction' and one is quite certain about that. So, all one has to do is adapting, conforming to societal rules to be accepted and rewarded a certain status-anything that gives one a sense to be making sense. But having rules to follow, to obey distracts one from his main goal-for the very purpose of one's living. One is bargaining some security for one's own freedom. So many people set out this one-way journey towards imitation and repetition. It is enough to be in touch with life-why following most of our societal concepts? Just to be responsive to a society that will eventually scorn and abort the individual? But obeying the law is sensitive, no one likes to be sent to jail. I am not talking about that. This is about the compulsive tendency to go on catching any societal whims.And these religionists have always walked hand in hand with the politic elit of a country blessing acts of violence in the name of democracy or other utopia.
Stephen H. guy is nothing but an agnostic unsatified with the explanations given by philosophy and regilion to the mysteries of existence.

Amin

a lot of talk but little evidence. religion is not the problem its the people who have problems