Stephen Hawking: Research on the ‘God particle’ could cause space-time to collapse

Krish

I'm not sure what you're asking. The LHC doesn't operate at high enough energies to pose a risk, and higher energy interactions have been observed in outer space. It's just a theoretical idea anyway, not worth worrying about.[/QUOTE]
It has nothing to do with antimatter. He was talking about a local minimum, as described in calculus, and the possibility of the universe reaching either a lower local minimum or a global minimum energy level, emitting energy in the process.

a

So, if people are afraid, due to Hawking, does that mean we still have LHC with larger and bigger energy transfers?
I'm not sure what you're asking. The LHC doesn't operate at high enough energies to pose a risk, and higher energy interactions have been observed in outer space. It's just a theoretical idea anyway, not worth worrying about.

The OP said:
The successful discovery of the Higgs particle has led to calls from within the scientific community to create larger, more powerful supercolliders than the Large Hadron Collider at Cern, where scientists discovered the Higgs boson.

Record Smashed: Antimatter Trapped for 16 Minutes : Discovery News
Stephen Hawking’s new doomsday warning | MSNBC

"CERN scientists hope that the upgrade – costing SwFr 150m (€124m) – will now boost the energy of the collider to the full design energy of 13 TeV."

My anti-matter was about LHC....program...that is what I replied to....thanks.

"Reich, Eugenie Samuel (2013-11-12), "Physicists plan to build a bigger LHC", Nature News, retrieved 2013-12-03, "The giant machine would dwarf all of its predecessors. It would collide protons at energies around 100 teraelectronvolts (TeV), compared with the planned 14 TeV of the LHC at CERN, Europe’s particle-physics lab near Geneva in Switzerland. "

Last edited:

Krish

I think, if we are too close to it...and it can happen, I am sure high level aliens will get rid of it....just a thought...after all we live in our 14 Billion Universe (should be just Our Verse) with a h*ll lot of intelligent beings out there...