"Stupid is as stupid does!" ~Forest Gump

Samstwitch

Applebee’s waitress asks patron for ID, gets own stolen driver’s license in return

Imagine you're a waitress, out with friends on a night off, when you lose your wallet. Cash, credit cards, driver's license—all gone. Your bank later informs you that checks are being issued in your name.

It's a pain, but you carry on. Two weeks later, you're at work when four people walk in and sit in your section. They start ordering drinks. You ask to see their IDs. A woman in the group hands a driver's license to you. You look down, and it's yours.

That is precisely what police in Colorado say happened to Brianna Priddy, a server at a Lakewood Applebee's.

Priddy, though, didn't panic.

"I handed it back to her and said, 'Sure, I'll be right back with your margarita,'" she told Denver's NBC affiliate.

Priddy called the police, and tried to act normal while waiting for them to arrive.

"I put on my server smile and tried to take care of them, but I was shaking like crazy," she said.

When police arrived, the woman, whose name has not been released, was arrested on suspicion of theft, identity theft and criminal impersonation. Police also found narcotics in her possession.

"Dumb criminal," Lakewood police spokesman Steve Davis told Denver's 9NEWS. "That's the first thing that comes to mind."

Even dumber: the suspect is 26, Davis said.

CLICK ME TO SEE THE NEWS VIDEO!

TnWatchdog

If you choose a life of crime, you should try to blend in with everyone else and not have any distictive scars or tattoos that witnesses can nail your butt with...stupid!
Skeleton Face Tattoo Burglary Suspect Adam Roberts Arrested In Illinois
This is not the face of an honest businessman, police in southern Illinois say.
Twenty-four-year-old Adam Roberts -- whose skeleton-like face tattoo enshrines him in the pantheon of mug shots -- is suspected of burglarizing 28 storage lockers in Godfrey, KSDK reported.
"It's the oddest thing I've ever seen in 20-plus years of law enforcement," Capt. Mike Dixon of the Madison County sheriff's office told the St. Louis Post-Dispatch. (He was talking about Roberts' appearance, not his alleged his crimes.)
Detectives believe that Roberts or a partner in crime fenced the property that was reported stolen on Feb. 17 from Self Storage, the Alton Telegraph reported. They're looking for potential customers who purchased anything from Roberts since then.
A black compact refrigerator, fishing gear, televisions, professional wresting DVDs, paintings, an antique chest, a mirror and sewing machine are some of items that the Madison County sheriff's office is trying to recover, KPLR report.
Investigators raided Roberts' home on March 7 and claimed to find stolen property worth $1,000. Later in the day, officers nabbed Roberts at a different home.
Roberts was charged with three counts of burglary and was held on $60,000 bond, CBS St. Louis reported.
slide_223409_2204378_free.jpg

TnWatchdog

I just thought this was a stupid act...just imagine being at this class and someone kills himself. He won't be doing anything stupid again, that's for sure.

Brian J. Parry Commits Suicide During Gun Safety Class In Washington State

The Huffington Post | By David Moye Posted: 03/14/2013

r-BRIAN-J-PARRY-large570.jpg

Police in Bellevue, Wash., are investigating the death of a 50-year-old man who apparently committed suicide on Sunday during a gun safety class.
Brian J. Parry reportedly shot himself in the head with a pistol during the class, which was held at a local gun range. His death was witnessed by more than a dozen people, including children, the Seattle Times reported.
One man who witnessed the shooting said the man who shot himself had appeared lonely and "deflated" during the classroom portion of the class and never spoke to anyone or raised his hand to ask questions.
However, he told Patch that he didn't think the class instructors could have stopped the suicide.
"Any time someone is standing there with a gun pointed at his head, there's nothing anyone could have done to stop him from shooting himself," the man said.
The King County Medical Examiner’s Office earlier has ruled that Parry’s death was a suicide caused by a contact gunshot wound to the head, SeattlePI.com reported.
A spokeswoman for the Bellevue Police Dept. said detectives are still investigating the shooting, according to the Associated Press.Need help? In the U.S., call 1-800-273-8255 for the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline.

Justinian

No.. the stupid act will be how many people try suing his family now because their children were traumatized from the event.

TnWatchdog

Erwin Lingitz, Retired Minnesota Man, Claims Supervalu Had Him Arrested For Stealing Free Samples
The Huffington Post | By Harry Bradford Posted: 04/17/2013 3:36 pm EDT | Updated: 04/17/2013 4:07 pm EDT

r-ERWIN-LINGITZ-large570.jpg

What exactly we mean by “free samples" could soon become a critical component of a new lawsuit.
Minnesota shopper Erwin Lingitz, a retiree, is suing grocery chain Supervalu, as well as a number of individuals, for allegedly violating his civil rights by using force to arrest him on grounds he was stealing deli meat samples, according to a copy of the complaint filed last month and obtained by The Huffington Post. But Lingitz claims the food he took was offered as free, and, as his wife put it to the Pioneer Press, "you can't arrest somebody for thievery if it is free."
Lingitz claims in the lawsuit that he sustained several injuries during the arrest.
But Supervalu spokesman Mike Siemienas told the Pioneer Press that Lingitz violated “societal norms” by taking up to 1.5 pounds of food. An attorney for Supervalu has also claimed that the company should not be included in the lawsuit at all, since the incident in question took place at a store owned by a franchisee. Supervalu didn't return a voicemail message from The Huffington Post seeking comment.
Lingitz had allegedly been spotted by store employees taking more than what typically constitutes a “sample” in the past, according to Supervalu.