"Stupid is as stupid does!" ~Forest Gump

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Baby girl sacrificed on bonfire after sect leader says tot is the Antichrist, Chile cops say

130425_chile_suspect_335am.photoblog600.jpg

AP

Ramon Gustavo Castillo Gaete, 36, is the alleged leader of a 12-member sect that is accused of burning a baby alive.

SANTIAGO, Chile -- Chilean police on Thursday arrested four people accused of burning a baby alive in a ritual because the leader of the sect believed that the end of the world was near and that the child was the Antichrist.

The 3-day-old baby was taken to a hill in the town of Colliguay near the Chilean port of Valparaiso on Nov. 21 and was thrown into a bonfire. The baby's mother, 25-year-old Natalia Guerra, had allegedly approved the sacrifice and was among those arrested.

"The baby was naked. They strapped tape around her mouth to keep her from screaming. Then they placed her on a board. After calling on the spirits they threw her on the bonfire alive," said Miguel Ampuero, of the Police investigative Unit, Chile's equivalent of the FBI.

130426_chile_sect.380;380;7;70;0.jpg

AP

Investigators search for evidence in a house that was used to perform rites by a sect in Colliguay, Chile.

Authorities said the 12-member sect was formed in 2005 and was led by Ramon Gustavo Castillo Gaete, 36, who remains at large.

"Everyone in this sect was a professional," Ampuero said. "We have someone who was a veterinarian and who worked as a flight attendant, we have a filmmaker, a draftsman. Everyone has a university degree. "

Police said Castillo Gaete, the ringleader, was last seen traveling to Peru to buy ayahuasca, a hallucinogenic brew plant that he used to control the members of the rite.

kcwildman

Beastmaster
didn't do this but just wondered... hey if you can add these things to the soda and make a glow lite ........then can I drink the pop and then just eat the stuff and make me glow in the dark ??????? bbaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

552749_407789435953801_1130569933_n.jpg

TnWatchdog

didn't do this but just wondered... hey if you can add these things to the soda and make a glow lite ........then can I drink the pop and then just eat the stuff and make me glow in the dark ??????? bbaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

552749_407789435953801_1130569933_n.jpg
hey kc...I heard that if you you did that to a 12 pack of beer you would be a glowing all night long so maybe give that a try. lol

Samstwitch

Dumb Criminals!

Man turns tables on shotgun-wielding attacker

A man being robbed at gunpoint at 5 a.m. Saturday morning in New Orleans turned the tables on his attacker when he managed to grab the shotgun, causing the attacker to flee.

The confrontation was captured by surveillance footage from a nearby security camera. According to WWL.com, the victim-turned-vigilante wasn't done yet.
Via WWL:

According to police, the victim was approached moments later by two black males in a black four door sedan. The victim told police that the driver of the car said, "give me my gun back and I’ll give you your phone that you dropped."
An NOPD spokesman says the intended victim declined to return the shotgun back to the robber, but instead used the weapon to strike and knock out the rear windshied (sic) of the vehicle. Police say the two suspects fled on Frenchmen to St. Claude and then to parts unknown.
The clip's YouTube description, which was written by NOPD, mentions a similar incident that occurred the previous day. In that case, a victim was attacked by two males, who demanded his money. The victim was able to flee the scene "without relinquishing his property."

Anyone with information about the attackers is urged to contact New Orleans CrimeStoppers at 504-822-1111.

Samstwitch

STUPID AD!

Samsung's new ad says Men are Stupid! This ad is very degrading and very sexist! Why is Samsung targeting men? Many women are lazy too. Many men will stop buying Samsung over this. SAMSUNG IS STUPID! :rolleyes:

Men are stupid, Samsung says

Flatulent, dirty, couch-bound, unkempt, and unevolved: It’s Samsung’s new view of men.

A new ad for Samsung televisions portrays men as dirty slobs, just a half step up from cavemen -- and it has the more evolved members of the male species crying foul.

'Are they trying to alienate their primary consumer base?' - Comment on Reddit

“That's probably one of the most vile adverts I've ever seen,” wrote one outraged user on a Reddit forum dedicated to men’s rights. “This isn't the normal IV drip of laughing at men; this is simply mainlining outright contempt.”

“Are they trying to alienate their primary consumer base?” another person asked.

The advertisement, released May 14, touts the company’s Evolution Kit, a plug in module that upgrades the software in the television without necessitating the purchase of a brand new set. The advertisement shows the average man as a caveman, aping a television program he is watching; his disgusted wife contemplates plugging the module into him instead.

“Hilarity” ensues, the ad firm must have thought.

Viewers of the ad disagree, jumping online solely to voice their displeasure.

“I saw this as a commercial and came here just to dislike [it],” one person wrote Wednesday on YouTube, where Samsung posted the clip.

The furor highlights the old advertising mantra: There’s no such thing as bad publicity, explained Adweek’s David Gianatasio.

“The clip is nearing 10 million YouTube views in just a week, and generating gobs of attention for the product, so I'd hardly call it a total stinker,” he wrote. In other words, despite its offensive portrayal, the latest clip is drawing tons of attention online, which may not justify offending the customer but may spell branding success.

Viewers of the ad don’t seem to agree.

“This sexist commercial probably isn't that big of a deal, but I'll remember it the next time I go shopping,” one wrote.

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Man accused of putting 6-week-old baby daughter in freezer

130528-deutsch-hmed-10p.photoblog600.jpg

KING TV

Tyler James Deutsch, 25, was charged with assault of a child in the first degree, criminal mistreatment in the first degree and interfering with the reporting of domestic violence.

By Becky Bratu, Staff Writer, NBC News
A Washington state man accused of putting his infant daughter inside a freezer long enough for her body temperature to drop to 84 degrees was charged Tuesday with first-degree child assault, first-degree criminal mistreatment and interfering with the reporting of a domestic violence incident.
His bail was set at $1 million, NBC station KING5 of Seattle reported.

Pierce County Prosecutor Mark Lindquist said the 6-week-old baby also suffered a broken arm and leg and a head injury.

Tyler James Deutsch, 25, and the baby's mother live together in a trailer in the city of Roy. The mother left the child alone with Deutsch from about 1:30 until 3:30 p.m. Saturday, KING5 reported.

The prosecutor’s office said Deutsch told detectives he was tired and the baby was crying, so he put her in the freezer and closed the door, according to KING5.

The man then fell asleep and only woke up when the mother returned home.

According to the prosecutor's office, Deutsch did not remove the baby from the freezer until the mother returned to the trailer. The baby was only wearing a diaper, KING5 reported.

The mother tried to call 911, but Deutsch wouldn't allow it because he didn't want to get in trouble the prosecutor's office said. She then left the trailer and alerted the neighbors, who called for help.

Doctors believe the baby will survive.

The charges filed against Deutsch are preliminary, The News Tribune reported. He could face a life sentence if convicted.