Suggestion: Additional Time Travel Subcategory

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I was thinking, in regards to time travel, there seems to be a lot of talk mainly about theories of time travel, time travelers themselves, and asking for advice on how to change the past to fix a few trivial personal mistakes. And now I'm thinking we ought to add some spice to this great website.

I have tried, but have failed to find a sufficient forum subcategory dealing with scenarios of what a certain kind of history would look like once an event or more in the past is changed, as well as related topics. I think it would be a good idea to have such a subcategory, and I would love to divulge into my scenarios for what histories will look like once the past is changed, as I did here: Elvis Presley and John Lennon: Still Alive.

About the Elvis/John Lennon thread, I would like to note that I had to notify a few members before I got any feedback at all for that topic.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I would like to see a history where Hitler succeeded in eliminating all the Jews. I think Hitler knew what the future would be like if the Jews survived.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I am Jewish myself, and of course I wouldn't have wanted Hitler to kill all Jews, but I must admit, that would make a nice topic. Good one, Einstein! :)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
If I remember correctly, we used to have a sub-section dedicated to Alternate History, almost a decade ago.

I think it would be interesting to bring such a section back to the Time Travel Forum. I agree with you that we currently don't have one precise spot to group such discussions. It's almost too specific for the general Time Travel Discussion, and it won't fit in any of the other sub-forums either.

Here's what I'm thinking we should do: We add a new sub-forum inside the Time Travel Forum. It would be Alternate History and Timelines. It would include all that has to do with alternate history, but also discussions about timelines, such as "Just found out Michael Jackson is dead, it's a timeline shift!"

What do you think?

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
If I remember correctly, we used to have a sub-section dedicated to Alternate History, almost a decade ago.

I think it would be interesting to bring such a section back to the Time Travel Forum. I agree with you that we currently don't have one precise spot to group such discussions. It's almost too specific for the general Time Travel Discussion, and it won't fit in any of the other sub-forums either.

Here's what I'm thinking we should do: We add a new sub-forum inside the Time Travel Forum. It would be Alternate History and Timelines. It would include all that has to do with alternate history, but also discussions about timelines, such as "Just found out Michael Jackson is dead, it's a timeline shift!"

What do you think?
I think that sounds like a great idea!

Poison Pen

I don't buy into time travel but I think the Alternate History idea is a good one as long as the time lines make sense and we don't have POD's going in 50 different directions. I like the Alternate History idea but putting together timelines takes a lot of research and work. There really should be two separate sub forums one for Alternate History in general and one for completed time lines and purposed scenarios.

Oh, and in case anyone is not familiar POD stands for point of divergence. Its the point in your time line where you change the course of history. Here is something that may help:

pods:pods [Alternate History Wiki]

Also this:

start [Alternate History Wiki]

Last edited:

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
I don't buy into time travel but I think the Alternate History idea is a good one as long as the time lines make sense and we don't have POD's going in 50 different directions. I like the Alternate History idea but putting together timelines takes a lot of research and work. There really should be two separate sub forums one for Alternate History in general and one for completed time lines and purposed scenarios.

Oh, and in case anyone is not familiar POD stands for point of divergence. Its the point in your time line where you change the course of history. Here is something that may help:

pods:pods [Alternate History Wiki]

Also this:

start [Alternate History Wiki]
Poison Pen, I'm very sorry if you don't believe in time travel after all that's been said and done regarding it, but hey, that's your opinion, and I must respect it. And I really liked your post above, for the suggestion and the topic of PODs. :)

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
About the Alternate History forum site Poison Pen brought up around ten days ago, I would not recommend it to people who are interested in sharing time travel and changing history ideas with friendly people.

Be warned, there are a lot of mean-spirited people on that site, and if you present any alternate history there as a means of enlightening others about your ideas of what you want to change in the past, your thread will likely be doomed to insults and flamebait, and will also likely be moved to the dreaded "Alien Space Bats" sub-forum.