Super Moon 8.29.15 - Rhode Island

CDS

large.jpg

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Unless you have an appropriate camera, pictures really don't do it justice... You see a big, bright and beautiful moon, the camera captures a little white dot in the sky... :p I have a telescope that I'd like to buy a camera adapter for.. Fall and winter are the best times to stargaze. :) I take a few moments each night to look up at the stars and moon... <3

Num7

Administrator
Staff
It must have looked great with your own eyes.

CDS

Unless you have an appropriate camera, pictures really don't do it justice... You see a big, bright and beautiful moon, the camera captures a little white dot in the sky... :p I have a telescope that I'd like to buy a camera adapter for..

Lets talk about this for a moment. :p

I used a 400mm lens, on a tripod at dusk btw. :)

Now i have tried using a telescope. It is near impossible to stabilize a small scope. :cautious:

So good luck with that :rolleyes:

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Unless you have an appropriate camera, pictures really don't do it justice... You see a big, bright and beautiful moon, the camera captures a little white dot in the sky... :p I have a telescope that I'd like to buy a camera adapter for..

Lets talk about this for a moment. :p

I used a 400mm lens, on a tripod at dusk btw. :)

Now i have tried using a telescope. It is near impossible to stabilize a small scope. :cautious:

So good luck with that :rolleyes:
Yes! It is very difficult to keep the tripod perfectly steady! You can't even breathe too heavily or it'll move... And once you get it steady, you only have a short amount of time before the moon moves out of view, then you gotta reposition the whole thing... But I'm not planning to take National Geographic quality photos, just something for me.. :) I love your picture, though! I didn't know you took it.. :)