Synchronicities

Alyxavior

Synchronicities

Good Afternoon,

I figured I'd start a topic and see where it goes.

For a while now, I've been noticing synchronicities in the things I do. Once I began to realize that I believed everything that happens in my life is meant to happen things began to come together. Timing is everything.

I haven't been on this forum very long, yet yesterday I went to my parents' house and they gave me an audio cd that came in the mail. It wasn't sent to me specifically, but they thought I'd like it. It turns out that the cd came with a booklet from The Teaching Company, and the cd had two sample lectures on it. The first lecture just happened to be discussing Eistein theories on time travel. *laugh* I found that amusing, once I began listening to it. I haven't finished the lecture yet, but I enjoy the humor that is encompassed within the reality around me.

The definition below is from www.dictionary.com:

syn?chro?nic?i?ty ( P ) Pronunciation Key (sngkr-ns-t, sn-)
n. pl. syn?chro?nic?i?ties

a. The state or fact of being synchronous or simultaneous; synchronism.

b. Coincidence of events that seem to be meaningfully related, conceived in Jungian theory as an explanatory principle on the same order as causality.

Anybody else have anything to add to this?

I have a bunch more examples, but I felt that one is enough, just to start off.

Enjoy.

Creo Amadeo

denbo88

Re: Synchronicities

This is one of my favorite topics. I hope others post there stories here too. I have a good one from this weekend.

Saturday I went to pick up my mother's mail while she is away and check on the house. I grew up in the town but now live 45 minutes away. While coming out of the post office parking lot, I was thinking about the mother of a close friend that used to live up the street that was directly in front of me as I prepared to exit the parking lot. She passed away a few years ago. A car was opposite me on that street waiting to turn. His licence plate had my name on it! It was as if she knew I was thinking of her and created the synchronicity. It was as if I was being observed by someone. I began to wonder if people on higher planes had the ability to create reality. Is it an ability that comes with being on a higher plane, like being elevated gives you another perspective? Could it not only provide knowledge but new abilities?

denbo88

Re: Synchronicities

I was re-reading something by Arthur Koestler and thought of a synchronicity that happened years ago involving a search for one of his books.

There is a striking phenomena that often happens with synchronicity: When you preoccupy youself with it, it often manifests. I had recently become familiar with his work on Coincidence and Synchronicity and was devouring everything I could find written by him on the subject. I went to a favorite used book store in Nyack, NY about 20 minutes away and asked the owner/manager of the store if he had a certain book by Arthur Koestler. As we looked for it, I told him my interest was in Koestler's comments on coincidence. It just so happened that that he had done his Master's Thesis on the work of Arthur Koestler! Talk about synchronicity! Having studied him, he could also appreciate the coincidence personally. From then on he was sort of glassy-eyed until I left the store. Arthur would have loved that.