Talking to Dead People

TnWatchdog

Let me start out by saying that we take care of a 87 year old Korean War veteran that earned a Purple Heart from being wounded. He has been with us for six years and after his stroke seams to be in good shape and has a very good memory.
Now lately he could be showing signs of dementia, alzhiemers, or something else. He is starting to talk to dead people including his father, brother, sister, and friends. Now most people and skeptics will say he is just loosing it and halucinating. Maybe...maybe not. We don't know for sure so attach a name to it but what if he is really seeing these people. We only use a portion of our brains so what if a door is opened...maybe the third eye? I have told him to say hello to them from me and tell them to come back later. I told him to say see you later alligator! I am continually following this and thought it interesting, thus the post. What if.....what if our loved ones are here to prep us for the journey?

Comments...I believe there is no right or wrong answer because we really don't know. One of the mysteries of life.

Itheblaze

A lot of Hospice workers report this kind of thing before the person dies. I believe our relatives watch over us during our lives and when it's time to cross over. To many stories of this happening and I believe it's true.

JasperMoon

Let me start out by saying that we take care of a 87 year old Korean War veteran that earned a Purple Heart from being wounded. He has been with us for six years and after his stroke seams to be in good shape and has a very good memory.
Now lately he could be showing signs of dementia, alzhiemers, or something else. He is starting to talk to dead people including his father, brother, sister, and friends. Now most people and skeptics will say he is just loosing it and halucinating. Maybe...maybe not. We don't know for sure so attach a name to it but what if he is really seeing these people. We only use a portion of our brains so what if a door is opened...maybe the third eye? I have told him to say hello to them from me and tell them to come back later. I told him to say see you later alligator! I am continually following this and thought it interesting, thus the post. What if.....what if our loved ones are here to prep us for the journey?

Comments...I believe there is no right or wrong answer because we really don't know. One of the mysteries of life.
My aunt saw my grandfather before she passed. She told my niece "Charlie was there to take her with him." about a week later she died. And my mom saw people on the other side before she passed. I can give other examples, so no he isn't hallucinating. He is probably being visited to get him ready for his passing.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

I think it's possible that if he is near death, the deceased people have contacted him. Wouldn't surprise me if he really is talking to them.

TnWatchdog

I think it's possible that if he is near death, the deceased people have contacted him. Wouldn't surprise me if he really is talking to them.
I've been listening to the conversations and even now I get goose bumps writing this. He had a birthday in June and afterwards I heard 'one more year'
clearly in my head so I know the clock is ticking. The VA nurses come out to the house to check on him and are amazed that everything is checking out so good. After his stroke he was given six months to live and now it has been six years.

Last edited:

TnWatchdog

My aunt saw my grandfather before she passed. She told my niece "Charlie was there to take her with him." about a week later she died. And my mom saw people on the other side before she passed. I can give other examples, so no he isn't hallucinating. He is probably being visited to get him ready for his passing.
Wow...dying is a big thing so I would also appreciate some support at that time. I should have died a year ago, according to my cardiologist, but no dead family or friends were around me so life goes on. I think of the old saying..."life's a bitch and then you die" Thanks for your comment JasperMoon.

Dejan31

According to some (proven) theories and beliefs, after the death of the physical body, the ethereal/astral body still stays around the physical body and here on Earth for 40 days more, passing through each element (Earth, Air, Water, Fire) struggling to adjust itself to the new situation, that is its own death, and freeing itself from all the strings it has been attached to during its earthly life. While some people are fully prepared for this crossing (I know some of my family members were), there are others who always believed that with the death of the physical body, their very existence ends as well. They are having much trouble accepting their new environment after the death that they keep resisting/refusing to continue with their destined way...
It is recommended to use, if one wants, the Ouija board to contact the deceased person while his/her soul is still on Earth. After the period of the 40 days, he/she moves on, and it is dangerous to contact her/him because you would not contact him/her, but some other entity with enough intelligence to mimic him/her, or at the very least some other entity who just wants to enter our world or have some fun with us.

My grandfather died in April of 2012. During the 40 days after his death, we all could still sense his presence. His favourite drink was brandy, and we left a full bottle of it on the window sill near the dead body. After an hour from that moment, the entire bottle was empty and the bottle was closed. We were in the same room, there was only a curtain separating the body and four of us who were preparing the body for burial.

TnWatchdog

According to some (proven) theories and beliefs, after the death of the physical body, the ethereal/astral body still stays around the physical body and here on Earth for 40 days more, passing through each element (Earth, Air, Water, Fire) struggling to adjust itself to the new situation, that is its own death, and freeing itself from all the strings it has been attached to during its earthly life. While some people are fully prepared for this crossing (I know some of my family members were), there are others who always believed that with the death of the physical body, their very existence ends as well. They are having much trouble accepting their new environment after the death that they keep resisting/refusing to continue with their destined way...
It is recommended to use, if one wants, the Ouija board to contact the deceased person while his/her soul is still on Earth. After the period of the 40 days, he/she moves on, and it is dangerous to contact her/him because you would not contact him/her, but some other entity with enough intelligence to mimic him/her, or at the very least some other entity who just wants to enter our world or have some fun with us.

My grandfather died in April of 2012. During the 40 days after his death, we all could still sense his presence. His favourite drink was brandy, and we left a full bottle of it on the window sill near the dead body. After an hour from that moment, the entire bottle was empty and the bottle was closed. We were in the same room, there was only a curtain separating the body and four of us who were preparing the body for burial.
The Bible states that the Israelites wandered in the wilderness for 40 years and it rained for 40 days and 40 nights...interesting that 40 turns up in both instances. Maybe the 40 does mean something as we have to crawl before we walk and walk before we run. There may be this adjustment period, which I had never considered. Thanks for the post...very interesting.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Did you work at a funeral home?

I didn't know about the 40 day theory. Very interesting. By experience, I believe cats stay for 3 days then move on. I could smell their presence. I know it sounds strange, but I did. On the 3rd day for both cats I had the urge to open windows and let fresh air in. Not sure if that helped release the soul or not.