Teacher Spots ‘Thunderbird’ in Tennessee

Cryptozoology News

Cryptozoology Blog
COLUMBIA, Tenn. — A man in Maury County says he saw an unidentified bird he believes could be a Thunderbird.

thunderbird-tennessee.jpg

43-year-old teacher L. Broyles told Cryptozoology News he was driving when he saw the animal at about 1:30 p.m. Oct. 28.

“It was light brown and the wingspan was 10-12 feet,” he said.

Broyles claims the sighting lasted about one minute and that he has never seen anything like it before.

The bird, he adds, was feathered. He did not mention any features about its head or beak.

Thunderbird, also known as Roc, is the nomenclature used by Native Americans to refer to bird-like creatures with reptile features that are believed to be related to the extinct pterosaurs.

In 1890, Arizona newspaper The Tombstone Epitaph wrote about two ranchers killing a “winged monster” similar to an “alligator” in the desert between the Whetsone and Huachuca mountains.

In August 2015, a man in Michigan claimed to have seen a “giant bird” with a 10-foot wingspan.

In July 2015, two people in Nevada reported seeing a creature that reminded them of a pterosaur, a flying reptile believed to have gone extinct about 65 million years ago.

Two weeks later, a minister and her daughter said they had seen an unidentified flying creature that looked like it was “straight out of Jurassic Park”.

In April 2016, two people in Georgia said they had seen a large bird they could not positively identify.

In February 2017, a 55-year-old from Maryland claimed that he and two other people had witnessed a bird he believed to be Thunderbird.

Back in July, a California musician reportedly saw a similar creature.

The city of Columbia, known for its pre-Civil War homes, has a population of 37,000.

The post Teacher Spots ‘Thunderbird’ in Tennessee appeared first on Cryptozoology News.

Harte

COLUMBIA, Tenn. — A man in Maury County says he saw an unidentified bird he believes could be a Thunderbird.

43-year-old teacher L. Broyles told Cryptozoology News he was driving when he saw the animal at about 1:30 p.m. Oct. 28.
I saw Mommy kissing Santa Claus underneath the mistletoe last night.

I didn't have a camera on me either.

Harte