The 2% Solution

Mudpuppy

The 2% Solution

Originally posted by Loomed@Oct 2 2004, 11:06 PM

On the other hand, I have another thought in my head, but it's very hard for me to put into words. This is what makes me not believe in the Titor story. According to JT, there are infinite worldlines. So, there were an infinite amount of John Titors travelling back in time all to different worldlines than their own.

Why presuppose that just because there are infinite worldlines and infinite JTs that they all traveled back in time? Maybe only one did. Maybe the others did an infinite number of things on their own timelines. Why presuppose all JTs were time travelers? Maybe in one alternate reality a JT was simply a solider, another one, an electrical engineer, perhaps in one a teacher....ad infinitum. You know what I've always found fascinating is this (I need a pencil...I can't explain it in words) is that say there were 100 (we'll just cap it for this example) JTs and at birth there begins the one timeline....as each day passes and he grows, with every decision he makes, he creates an alternate timeline.....which goes on until he dies and in that timespan of creating thousands of JT who live a thousand different lives in a thousand different ways......at the point of death, they all converge back to a singularity. Much like the verse about it's not the destination that matters, but the journey. At any point, we can pull ourselves into a different alternate reality and become something quite different and our world changes to follow that line.....which we call "free will" but no matter how many alternate realities you experience, the end result "predestination" will always be the same.

Just some thoughts......

StarLord

The 2% Solution

An interesting idea, but it lacks the logic of what to do with all those different threads. We can only be in one place at one moment in the NOW consciousness wise, whats the sense in having all those 'yous' if you can GROCK only one at a time?

I seriously doubt that when we check out of the physical we get to do the memorex thingy and play back all the alternate lives because then there is not much to be learned just watching a play or movie passing by. It's the 'doing' that garners experience and knowledge.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
The 2% Solution

The only problem that I see with the Many Worlds thing is this, where does all that matter live?

Think about it, the Universe would have to infinitely dense through an infinite number of adjacent 'n' dimensional realities. From a finite birth in the Big Bang, the Universe would need to put on weight at a prodigious rate. Where does all that extra matter come from?

Starlord: Mudpuppy may be right, you appear to assume that there is only one soul to go around for all those bodies. If there are multiple relaities, there must be many divergent Titor essences as well. Unless we assume that 1 Titor zig-zagged his way through a number of divergences... busy fella eh! ;)

StarLord

The 2% Solution

Grayson,

I don't buy it. Then you would have to assume that Spirit REALLY has a sense of humor, all those lives and only one of you gets to remember your prom night?
Or perhaps you get all the info later when you have a spare moment when you check out? Naaaaw, I don't think so. What happened to the greatest gift of all, "Free Choice" ?

Its a fancy concept, but when you think about it, it creates more problems then it saves. Not here in the Physical Plane. IMHO

Judge Bean

The 2% Solution

I don't know what timeline it may be, but many would wish to forget prom night.

Rather than burden the available expanse of the universe to contain all possible versions of existence, it may be more helpful to consider it as variant only from the point of view of individual perception-- nearly infinite on just this plane, eh?

Which is what is wrong with Marty McFly's arm beginning to vanish: why would all of existence depend solely upon his point of view? A thousand people in the stadium don't even all see the same foul ball following the same arc back over the net.

It may be that it isn't the number of universes that is inifinite, but the number of ways of seeing the same one.

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
The 2% Solution

Yes Paul, but if each one is only perceptual to the individual then we have to cater for at least Billions of perceptual realities. Each must contain mass, each must be real and valid and each would have weight, whether that be temporal or manifest weight.

In your proposal, taken at its most literal, there is a process of change and deletion and the individual timeline progresses through linear events. You are saying that branches occur for the individual who makes choices, these choices define the new reality and the individual continues in that perceptual and thereby valid reality. But, to engage in this theory, we are required to accept that whilst these reality branches exist, the greater diaspora of branches do not. Your theory creates a one branch tree.

Surely that is flawed... or have I missed the point here? :huh:

Mudpuppy

The 2% Solution

Originally posted by StarLord@Oct 8 2004, 10:56 AM
An interesting idea, but it lacks the logic of what to do with all those different threads. We can only be in one place at one moment in the NOW consciousness wise, whats the sense in having all those 'yous' if you can GROCK only one at a time? ?

In a free-will universe, those threads exist so that we have choices. If I am given a choice of whether to go to college A or college B, the mere fact that I have a choice creates choice B (and so on). You make a choice and follow thread A while thread B still continues on. At some point down the road, you still graduate as an electrical engineer (where the two threads converge back into one) [predestination] and more choice are given....where to work, whom to marry.....all creating different threads. Sometimes, when we experience deja vu, it is a hypothesis that we, for a brief instance, are not experiencing "past lives" but fleeting seconds of the other alternative universes.
Thanks for indulging me. I think I got off the thread so I will be quiet now.

<<<<<<Mudpuppy lurking quietly in the wings

Mudpuppy

The 2% Solution

Originally posted by StarLord@Oct 8 2004, 10:56 AM
An interesting idea, but it lacks the logic of what to do with all those different threads. We can only be in one place at one moment in the NOW consciousness wise, whats the sense in having all those 'yous' if you can GROCK only one at a time? ?

I forgot something......the reasons the threads maybe for those that have figured out how to go from one reality to another.....without the Chevy. Who knows. May 200 years from now they will giggle at Boomer and his Chevy and say, "Can you believe they used to travel timelines that way?"

<<<<<<Back in the corner

StarLord

The 2% Solution

Would you want all that extra Karma to deal with? I sure would not. It's enough fun dealing with just one daily source of Karma.

Besides, you can not drive a car in two directions at the same time.

How can you be held responsible for a accident you never saw or experienced, where is the lesson in that?

There ARE other levels of existence, each one a higher rate of vibration, and in one sense you are there due to the 'inner body' that corresponds to that level and because of the reality of Time, but thankfully I won't go into that part of it(Hey! I heard that sigh of relief). If I am not seriously mistaken, it's just one of 'you' per level. For instance, travel to the Astral uses the Astral Body and is bound by those laws there. The saying "As Above, So Below" is more real than you would realize. It is very possible to have experiences there and not have the language needed to translate any thing 'meaningful' back to our consciousness that would make sense to us.

It is my limited understanding that in Reality, all of us are Already totally realized spiritual beings and 'already done', but in order to achieve the most possible benefit from life and all it has to offer, we are not allowed, sort of, to access that information (but we can) because then we would not learn. You really don't learn much if you did not study and had the answers when you took the test. Surely, you would not be able to expound upon much if you didn't go through all that study time.

It has been said that An Answer Is Like Death. In some respects that may be true due to our nature as humans, if you have the answer, you quit looking. So perhaps that may be the primary reason for not having that knowledge.

Reincarnation for some is a given concept. When seen through multiple time line realities added with reincarnation, you'd have more yous than grains of sand on this earth as most Souls take upwards to millions of incarnations before they are satisfied with their state. (Of course, some of us are Asked to come here.)
Seen in this light, it makes no sense whatsoever to have all those lines.

Judge Bean

The 2% Solution

Originally posted by Grayson@Oct 8 2004, 08:28 PM
Yes Paul, but if each one is only perceptual to the individual then we have to cater for at least Billions of perceptual realities. Each must contain mass, each must be real and valid and each would have weight, whether that be temporal or manifest weight.

In your proposal, taken at its most literal, there is a process of change and deletion and the individual timeline progresses through linear events. You are saying that branches occur for the individual who makes choices, these choices define the new reality and the individual continues in that perceptual and thereby valid reality. But, to engage in this theory, we are required to accept that whilst these reality branches exist, the greater diaspora of branches do not. Your theory creates a one branch tree.

Surely that is flawed... or have I missed the point here? :huh:

Anyway, we've all gone out on a limb here.

What makes more sense, a hopelessly-multiple universe with inaccessible dimensions contrary to the known laws of physics, or a constantly shifting, unitary one, sensitive to the way in which it is perceived, and subtly changeable depending upon the circumstances of consciousness attending. After all, you can easily be tricked, by blindfold, into believing that a pear is an apple. How hard could it be to make yourself believe that you are a unique entity with a beginning and end?

All those ants-- maybe in fact there are only 2,000 ants in the whole world, who really get around.