Debate The Answer to Time Travel

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
The bearing question that has troubled mankind forever, the question, is time travel possible, and if it is, how do we do it. For the last two months I was gone I've been thinking how it's possible to time travel. BUT NOW, I know the answer. The answer is so simple, that we haven't noticed it. The answer that's in OUR EVERYDAY lives. Mind you, this is just a theory, but... what if the answer was SO simple, we've just been overlooking it this entire time, SO IN OUR EVERYDAY LIFE, that we don't think twice about it. Well, whilst i was taking a shower, suddenly... it came to me. The answer to time travel... is Computers. Something that's been RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACES. SO SIMPLE WE DIDN'T NOTICE IT. Everyday, we go on a computer, and don't think of the great powers it has, but, it is simple. What if... all you needed to do was pixilate yourself into the computer and come out in a different time period. SO, how do you do that? You manipulate the universe. VERY complicated right? Well, actually no. So, I will be looking into this, and until then.

tflofasho

So being like digimon and digitizing ourselves to go into a time period of our choice? I'm down.

Doc Brown ish

The bearing question that has troubled mankind forever, the question, is time travel possible, and if it is, how do we do it. For the last two months I was gone I've been thinking how it's possible to time travel. BUT NOW, I know the answer. The answer is so simple, that we haven't noticed it. The answer that's in OUR EVERYDAY lives. Mind you, this is just a theory, but... what if the answer was SO simple, we've just been overlooking it this entire time, SO IN OUR EVERYDAY LIFE, that we don't think twice about it. Well, whilst i was taking a shower, suddenly... it came to me. The answer to time travel... is Computers. Something that's been RIGHT IN FRONT OF OUR FACES. SO SIMPLE WE DIDN'T NOTICE IT. Everyday, we go on a computer, and don't think of the great powers it has, but, it is simple. What if... all you needed to do was pixilate yourself into the computer and come out in a different time period. SO, how do you do that? You manipulate the universe. VERY complicated right? Well, actually no. So, I will be looking into this, and until then.

Hmm interesting idea, although isn't our brain/mind the ultimate computer which we are already intergrated with or should I say an intergral part off and our brain/mind is already adept at manipulating space/time.
Maybe the trick is to alter our perception of space/time?
If we think of our brain as being the hardware to our super computer and the mind as being the operating software the trick would be to figure out a way to hack the software to perceive time in a different way, maybe in a different order.. Past, present and future need not proceed in such a linear and rigid order if our brain/mind was freed temporarily from thinking in such strict confines.
A time machine may not need to manipulate space/time but instead manipulate the manipulator of space/time if that makes sense.
Maybe our Search for a way to build a working time machine is futile as we are already an intergral part of a working time machine ie our brain/mind.. Should we be searching to invent a mind machine? A device which would allow us to manipulate our perception of space/time temporarily in a controlled fashion?
Such a device may not necessarily need to be overly complex in its design or require huge amounts of energy to achieve its purpose but would need to be based on sound principles and a better understanding of consciousness than we currently have.

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith
Update: You don't need to manipulate the universe, It came out wrong... you need to manipulate time, which isn't hard. I'm doing experiments with it right now.
The hard part isn't manipulating time, the hard part is trying to get your body into a computer and then have it come out...
In the time period you want it to.

FallNWolf

Update: You don't need to manipulate the universe, It came out wrong... you need to manipulate time, which isn't hard. I'm doing experiments with it right now.
The hard part isn't manipulating time, the hard part is trying to get your body into a computer and then have it come out...

I can see how getting yourself into the computer could be a challenge. Have you tried sitting on a cd (blank) - and then have someone insert it once they see you are gone ?

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith

I can see how getting yourself into the computer could be a challenge. Have you tried sitting on a cd (blank) - and then have someone insert it once they see you are gone ?
Well first, I need to figure out how to switch the time on my computer whilst I'm in the computer.

paradox404

There was a post on this not that long ago, where someone was trying to perform time travel using equations and computers. Very interesting stuff, would be interested in using such programs.

Well first, I need to figure out how to switch the time on my computer whilst I'm in the computer.

Couldn't you have a timer to do that? Like pre-program the change in time and then when you're in you'd get shifted or something.