Debate The Answer to Time Travel

Orpheus Rex

I was unaware that pixels could be turned into living, human flesh.
And vice-versa.

Harte

What he means is that the brain is monitored for a year or so in all the most advanced neuroimaging systems, then head is removed, the brain cut up into thin strips, and scanned with an electron microscope. Then a team of engineers, psychologist, and neuroscientists create neuron by neuron, synapse by synapse, an accurate model of the brain. Then they build a simulation that runs the patterns previously monitored on brain model. Of course, the computer system would be unimaginably more powerful than our greatest supercomputer. All this, estimated value, 30 Trillion USD, give or take another 10 Trillion. Of course, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that this would work or that the digital brain could be kept sane.

paradox404

I was unaware that pixels could be turned into living, human flesh.
And vice-versa.

Harte

What he means is that the brain is monitored for a year or so in all the most advanced neuroimaging systems, then head is removed, the brain cut up into thin strips, and scanned with an electron microscope. Then a team of engineers, psychologist, and neuroscientists create neuron by neuron, synapse by synapse, an accurate model of the brain. Then they build a simulation that runs the patterns previously monitored on brain model. Of course, the computer system would be unimaginably more powerful than our greatest supercomputer. All this, estimated value, 30 Trillion USD, give or take another 10 Trillion. Of course, there is absolutely no evidence whatsoever that this would work or that the digital brain could be kept sane.

I can imagine the brain would probably go insane. They'd have to create a simulation for the Ai to move around in.

TimeTraveler_27

Gravity is evidence of how mass bends or distorts the space time fabric. The greater mass of an object, the greater dent it will have on space time. Just like black holes, black holes have a very, very strong gravitational pull, thus causing a strong bend in space time. When gravity bends space time, it has a very real effect on how time passes. Light does indeed bend in space, what causes this is space time around an object.

Sent from my SM-G386T1 using Tapatalk

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Gravity is evidence of how mass bends or distorts the space time fabric. The greater mass of an object, the greater dent it will have on space time. Just like black holes, black holes have a very, very strong gravitational pull, thus causing a strong bend in space time. When gravity bends space time, it has a very real effect on how time passes. Light does indeed bend in space, what causes this is space time around an object.

None of this is true. It is just promulgated fiction for the gullable.

Physics vs Jaden

Amazing Person
Zenith

None of this is true. It is just promulgated fiction for the gullable.
Like I've said many times before, I think Newton was wrong, and although I may just be crazy, I think he is wrong.

Harte

Newton WAS wrong. We know this today because of Einstein and others.
But Newton's models still work well enough for our everyday use.

Harte

Orpheus Rex

Newton WAS wrong. We know this today because of Einstein and others.
But Newton's models still work well enough for our everyday use.

Harte
Newton wasn't wrong, that's a historical misinterpretation. Newton never produced any model or claim, because he claimed that he had no explanation for the phenomena, he claimed only to have quantified the phenomena. In short, he said "I don't know." If he was wrong, that means he did know and simply lied about it.
The so-called mechanistic view of the universe was later attributed to his ideas hundreds of years later.