The Bible Code

Eutychus

The Bible Code

Originally posted by PyRo99@Dec 27 2004, 09:45 AM
Thats what I love Kira.

If the Bible was compeleted 400 years, after Christ's death. How could they remeber all of these things he supposedly said? Interestingly enough, we've chosen to believe it was him saying it, for more than a thousand years.

There is a good deal of evidence that points to very early authorship of the gospel accounts, the biography portion of the new testament. Eusebius, an early church historian, writing in the first quarter of the 4th century, quotes earlier writers from the first century quoting the gospels, meaning that the gospels as we have them today were circulating within a hundred years of the events and were probably around when witnesses to the events could still refute obvious inaccuracies. I would agree with the 400 year number only in so far as that is when the canon was established, not when the accounts were written down.

KiraSjon

The Bible Code

There are also a great deal of historical documents in the bible - and a lot of mistranslations. When you are dealing with a work be it 1600 years old or 1900 years old, you're going to come up with a bunch of stuff that has been translated again and again over the years. Just IMO, but I think this factor has become a root for the current controversy surrounding that particular book. That and the fact that people can actually speak their minds now without a fear of death. ;)

Unintentional

The Bible Code

Getting back to the subject, the Bible Code...

I think it has been thouroughly debunked. I don't remember when or where I saw or read it, but it was proven that every single book ever printed, if you line up every single letter in predetermined rows and try this at various lengths you WILL find tons of "secret" messages. All this is mere chance.

Here is an excellent link debunking the Bible Code:
http://cs.anu.edu.au/~bdm/dilugim/torah.html
Independent experiments

We have performed many independent scientific tests of the Bible Codes claims. All of them failed to detect anything not easily explained by random chance. These experiments are not to be confused with the demonstrations of trickery that we have constructed in War and Peace.

A summary of our major experiments can be found in our paper in Statistical Science.
These experiments include:

?* The famous rabbis experiment, replacing the day and month of birth or death (all that WRR used) by the year, or by the day and month written in other legal manners. Similarly, the dates can be replaced by the names of famous books or by the cities of birth or death.
?* The famous rabbis experiment, with the data prepared by an independent expert. Several variations were performed, including a detailed re-enactment of WRR's experiment in the manner they claim it was performed.
?* An experiment with the names and dates of birth or death of Israeli presidents, prime-ministers, and Knesset speakers.

All of those experiments, and all the other experiments we have conducted, failed to find any \"codes\" above chance levels.

StarLord

The Bible Code

What I have been waiting for is someone very familliar with Kabbalah to post regarding some type of hidden messages in the Hebrew writings. I had read about that many years ago where a small group of Rabbis who were studing the Kabbalah, had started a type of decyphering using some kind of code process.

I have to side with Uni on his take of the Bible code.

pauli

The Bible Code

Hi Uni,

Unfortunately, or should I say fortunately (phew!), I am not a Statistician. ;) I haven't read the rebuttals, so I can't make comments either way... but I think they are missing the point.

All of those experiments, and all the other experiments we have conducted, failed to find any \"codes\" above chance levels.

The issue may not be that there are "codes above chance levels" in the texts, the issue is that given the fact that a specific methodology is followed, there is a consistant (repeatable) pattern found throughout the book of Genesis for each of these Rabbis and their names/dates of birth and death. While it might not be impressive to find one Rabbi or two, which have the dates of birth and death within 5 to 7 verses of each name, the cummulative effect of 30 to 40 separate examples is pretty impressive. And, be careful to apply English spelling to Hebrew. Hebrew has no vowels, only constanants. Spelling is specific and important in Hebrew.

I also know of other codes that are pretty amazing. There is a code that is very straight-forward regarding Rabbi Moses ben Maimon (aka the RaMBaM.) The Rambam was a very famous Rabbi of the middle ages who lived in Egypt for most of his life. He was one of the post-Talmudic giants of the Jewish world. Rambam was a physician and a Torah scholar, who was much recognized as brilliant in his day and age. He wrote several works: The Guide to the Perplexed, one I cannot remember and his Magnum Opus - The Mishne Torah - which focused on the 613 commandments given to Israel by G-d. The "Mishne Torah is widely regarded as the definitive work on Halacha" (Jewish Law). "Maimonides wrote in the introduction to Mishne Torah that his book was intended as a complete guide to keeping the 613 commandments, that no further sources were required in addition to [his] work." (1996, Katz "Computorah" pg. 74)

If you run his name through the computer, you find only one reference to the word Rambam in Exodus 11:9 - the verse that reads, "That my wonders may be multiplied in the Land of Egypt." It is found in the same place which deals with the plagues of Egypt and the preparations for the exodus. I'll put the rest of it in a quote from the book - one that I personally have confirmed for myself by using the original text.

In this same passage, which deals with the plagues in Egypt and the preparations for the exodus, we find:

\"The man Moses was very great in the land of Egypt.\" (Exodus 11:3)

This is also a very apt description of Maimonides and his status in the royal household.

In the next chapter of Exodus (12:6), the Torah describes the preparations that the Children of Israel had to make for Passover. The date stated is \"the 14th of the month\" [Nisan] - i.e. Passover Eve, the birthdate of Maimonides.

From the verse where the RaMBaM acronym is found, starting with the (mem) of Moshe (which was also the first name of Maimonides), and using a 50 letter skipping code, we reveal [the word] Mishne, and further on Torah.

(Mishne is at a 50 letter Equidistant skip starting in verse Exodus 11:9.
Torah is located at a 50 letter Equidistant skip found in verse Exodus 12:11)

To the sceptic who might ask why there is such a gap between the words Mishne and Torah:

The answer is extraordinary.

If we count the number of letters between the (mem) of \"Mishne\" and the (Tav) of \"Torah\", we discover exactly 613 letters - the number of commandments in the Torah, and the subject matter of Maimonides' magnum opus!.

Thus in a single passage of Exodus, we find Maimonides' acronym (RaMBaM), his birthdate, his country of residence, his lofty status in the royal court, and hints to the title of his magnum opus and the central theme of this book, the 613 commandments. (1996, Katz \"Computorah\" pg. 76)

If you want to say, "Well, yes, but this is all chance." I will listen to what you say, but come to my own independent conclusions. Again, as I said, this is only one of the more amazing examples of this that I know. There is another one in the book of Esther that completely blows my mind, which ties the hanging of the ten sons of Haman to the Nuremberg trials and hanging of the ten convicted Nazis in 1946. That one gives me chills every time I read about it.

As I said, it helps if you know Hebrew and can read the text for yourself. If only I could give you that ability through osmosis. :) sigh, Oh well.

hellrazor

The Bible Code

the bible has power to change persons throughts on things possibily could even be used to justify many wars or things christians beleave.

other than tht i see no code and have read parts of bible.

virtualgirl

The Bible Code

Hello everyone,

First, I want to thank everyone for participating. It helps me to hear both sides of the subject.

I am now on the second book by Drosnin and last night I finally got the decoding software. I have put a few words into the system and came up with matches with few skips but so far was not able to string more than word into a "crossword", so to speak. This evening, I will go over it some more. Of course, nothing was mastered in a day. Everyone that knows me, knows I love to research so if there is a code to be broken in the program, I'll find it. I have no doubt. If however, it is fraudulant, I will also post those findings as well. If anyone knows anything about the author Michael Drosnin, I would like to hear that too. I have found basic interviews and such but not much else on him. I'm also looking for his foundation, "The ARK Foundation".

"IF" the codes are correct, then prepare...we are then in the end of days already. If we are, it would coincide with the quotes of John Titor wouldn't it?

Grayson

Conspiracy Cafe
The Bible Code

Originally posted by virtualgirl@Dec 29 2004, 02:49 PM
\"IF\" the codes are correct, then prepare...we are then in the end of days already. If we are, it would coincide with the quotes of John Titor wouldn't it?

Unless Titor was Titus and a based his tale on the Bible Code prophecies. Then we have nothing to fear, save fear itself. :D

Do you think that as a species we are really capable of total annihilation?

Do you think that a forgiving God would wipe us out for failing him?

Maybe the annihilation of Man, the Apocalypse, is not in the destruction of our species, but of our Spirit. Look around you, how many people actually care for one another anymore? How many crimes are committed which are truly callous in nature? How many of our modern civilisations give a sh1t about individuality, peace, sharing our wealth for the betterment of the Global Community, eradicating famine, disease and hunger? Who has a plan for levelling the playing field and ensuring that all of Gods children share in the bountiful harvests that we reap every day from this World that we share? Are we all equal and living under one Sun?

Out there, in the World at large, the Apocalypse has begun and we are dead already, we just haven't realised it yet. An Apocalypse of the Soul, the greatest of punishments for all our crimes.

Hey! I'm in a good mood as well. You don't wanna see me on a low day. :lol:

StarLord

The Bible Code

Well, this being the Kali Yuga, the last age before "The Night Of God", you'd expect all this. The bright side is that the service is better where we're going, the down side is that even in Heaven there are Taxes.

Unintentional

The Bible Code

If we want to veer into the last days, could the Earthquake Tsnami be the rapture? Rightnow 100,000 dead, if it goes anywhere near 144,000 look for the people who carry that sign "It's The End of the World" to multiply. Jesus did say head to high ground during the end of days. I've always thought that the rapture if/when it does happen will appear to others to be a "natural" occurance and no so inexplicably like the "Left Behind" movies.

There is one weird thing about the Earthquake/Tsnomi is that very few if any animals died. Makes you think....
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=..._dc_1&printer=1
\"No elephants are dead, not even a dead hare or rabbit,\" he added. \"I think animals can sense disaster. They have a sixth sense. They know when things are happening.\"

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=...als_1&printer=1
\"This is very interesting. I am finding bodies of humans, but I have yet to see a dead animal,\" said Wijeyeratne, whose hotel in the park was totally destroyed in Sunday's tidal surge.