The Enfield Poltergeist Case

TimeFlipper

@Carl Miller No way Carl, Carrie was good but didnt have the scare rating that the girl in the Excorcist had mate :D
When the girl in the exorcist became possessed, the make up was fantastic as was the "voice" of the evil entity inside her...
And when you saw her head move round 360 degrees, that was really scary!! :eek:..
The most scary part was deleted from the movie, where the girl spiderwalks down the stairs!!! :eek:

Wind7

Staff

Wind7

Staff
@Carl Miller @Wind7 The Exorcist is still the most scariest movie i have seen ....The girl in that movie allegedly did become possessed by something after the movie was made, or was it just hype for publicity? :eek:..

Nuh... I think that was nothing more than hype.

However, she was repossessed later on in life...

;)

Mercedes McCambridge was the (uncredited at the time) voice of the daemon from the Exorcist.
She chain-smoked cigarettes and swallowed raw eggs to get the voicings to William Friedken's liking.

The Fear of God- making The Exorcist - Video Dailymotion

Fascinating video of the making of what is considered THE scariest movie ever made.
And for it's time (1973-74)
I absolutely agree...

People today aren't even fazed by it, I saw the latest version back in 2001(?) in a theater and the others watching were lol at it (!!)

I wasn't. It didn't scare me but, at least I had the courtesy to be quiet about it.

I have that version on DVD, it includes most all of the scenes that were originally cut from the Exorcist, (spiderwalk...the priests conversation...ect.)

You want the closest thing to actual hauntings in the form of a movie, rent paranormal activity 1,2,3 and 4.

They actually made me angry,
who needs a Ouija board when movies are (possibly) opening the same kinds of doors. Imho.

Carl Miller

@TimeFlipper
Do not even mention, the movie 'Poltergeist...'. I watched the first edition..i have become traumatized by that scene she throws up that avocado milkshake, for heaven's sake, i beg you, let's change the subject, (or the movie...). Long time i stayed without avocado milk-shake. And how i used to love the doggone avocado milk-shake. Carrie is disgusting, all bathed in swine blood, but nothing compares to that girl, may heavens bless her.
i heard that after the movie, the actress, the one i wish the best in the world, really!, she got obsessed or possessed or something along these lines. IdK.
i only know 'Carrie' movie in its first edition would make us laugh today. It is naive. But back then had the power to terrorize us like hell.
Now, the movie THE OTHERS with Meg Ryan, i think, my goodness!!! What an intelligent movie!!!! It portraits like any other the life beyond the physical death, the after death, the limbo described by Catholic Church the place the non-baptized new born go after death. And the whole Family, the mother, the father who appeared later on the film , the kids...
What sounds more realistic and incredibly interesting is the fact that the limbo dimension intermingles with 3D world when the movie can be viewed under two perspectives, under two different scopes.
The actions from the kids in the 3d world living in that 'haunted house' interferes with the scenery of the limbo dimension, and the other way around. Very interesting!!!

Carl Miller

Windy, i loved the Leslie Nielson movie clip, only he could make a spoof movie like that and get away with it lmao! (y) :LOL:

This guy is incredibly funny. I will find some time to watch his movies. One of these movies he plays the role of a fake pastor who hired stunts to act as sick people to be healed by him in a spectacular way. I will try and find out this one. Very well reminded....

Carl Miller

@Carl Miller

I recently found the remake of Carrie, it isn't horrible but the problem with remakes is that it's all been done before and usually better.

However, I have to admit that this was quite impressive....

'Carrie' Coffee Shop Prank Is Brilliant Marketing (And One Of The Freakiest Things Ever) (VIDEO) | The Huffington Post

Made by the people behind the remake as an advertising stunt.
Imagine...going out for a nice cup of coffee and witnessing that. Lol!

:D

I will take a look at it later, Wind7.

Carl Miller

Now, the movie THE OTHERS with Meg Ryan, i think, my goodness!!! ERROR"!!!!

iNSTEAD, PLZ, READ. "Now, the movie THE OTHERS with Nicole Kidman,....."