THE HAUNTING OF AL CAPONE

I'm skipping the life and times of Al Capone, as most of you either are familiar with it or can look it up. What will be presented will be the "haunting of Capone". Not hear-say or rumor but comments by witness and by Capone himself.

His first "ghostly experiences" took plaace while he was serving time in Eastern State Penitentiary. Although he had a easy life in jail, he soon found himself tormented and punged into a "personal hell". He was tormented frequently by the ghost of James Clark, the brother-in-law of "Bugs" Moran, and one of the victims of the St. Valentine's Day Massacre. His screams begging "Jimmy" to leave him alone resounded through the concrete halls of the prison and were documented as to day, date, time.

Release form prison did not release him from harassment by the ghost. Clark followed him everywhere he went. Capone's men often heard Capone begging the ghost to leave him in peace. Several times, his bodyguards thought he was under genuine attack and broke into his room. Once his persoanl valet, Hymie Cornish, entered Capone's apartment lounge and saw a tall man standing by the window, holding in his arms, what appeared to be a Thompson Submachine Gun; the weapon of choice during the "Roaring Twenties". The man vanished; Cornish believed he, too had seen the ghost of James Clark. Desperate for relief, Capone consulted a "medium", Alice Britt, who held a seance to try to vanish the ghost of Clark but her efforts failed. Capone once gloomly opined that the ghost of Clark would literally follow him to his own grave.

Capone's own ghostly resence is said to linger at Eastern State Penitentiary and at Alcatraz. At his celll at Eastern State, paranormal investigators have photographed "orbs" and other "anomalies" and have recorded EVP there. A strong haunting presence is reportd at Alcatraz, where ghostly banjo music floats from the shower room and voices are heard in Block D where the "hole cells" were located."Haunted Chicago", Troy Taylor.

Attachments

• eastern-state-pen.jpg
    eastern-state-pen.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 2
  • az-85.jpg
    az-85.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 3
  • capone-cell-2.jpg
    capone-cell-2.jpg
    147.7 KB · Views: 3
  • capone-page001004.jpg
    capone-page001004.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 3
  • roundtheworld_1123698300_img_2979.jpg
    roundtheworld_1123698300_img_2979.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 5

joniesbeau

I visited Capone's bar in Hot Springs, AR. What you posted explains a lot about what I felt in that place.

Holyhellcat

I took the ghost tour in Hot Springs, even before Al Capone, the place had a history of blood. Add the whole Al Capone gang, icing on the cake.