The implosion is accelerating; prepare while you can

jurgen36

Re: The implosion is accelerating; prepare while you can

What will happen when the pension checks stop coming?
Regards

gonzogirl

kc wildman said:
they just announced that the state of MO. has only 6 more months of unemployment money. then we are broke. the wheels are comin off the cart guys. this shit will get ugly quick,fast,in a hurry like:mad:

I am so glad that I grew up poor! Nothing prepares me for all this better than my childhood! I doubt things will be bad for me. Unless we run out of deer or elk..:)

kcwildman

Beastmaster

gonzogirl said:
I am so glad that I grew up poor! Nothing prepares me for all this better than my childhood! I doubt things will be bad for me. Unless we run out of deer or elk..:)

now your talkin Annie Oakly:cool:
you cain't stomp us out
you cain't make us run
cause everone them boys got his own shotgun
and a country boy can servive:D

jurgen36

gonzogirl said:

GG The problem is that you wont be alone. There will be many millions of people trying to do the same. Very soon indeed there wont be any deer or elks left, then they will start hunting people for food. Come to OZ, there are literately millions of cows and hundreds of millions of sheep in the bush and very few, mostly disarmed people. You never will run out of food.

Regards

Harte

jurgen36 said:
Very soon indeed there wont be any deer or elks left, then they will start hunting people for food.

They call it long pig.

MMM, long pig!

Anyway, it's unlikely that such a scenario would result in any catastrophic drop in the deer or elk population here.

You can only eat what don't spoil and if you live down here, everything will spoil.

Unless you salt-cure it.

The work that curing takes would necessarily limit how many deer or elk or squirrels or whatever that a person would want to kill and have on hand.

Harte

jurgen36

Harte said:
They call it long pig.

The work that curing takes would necessarily limit how many deer or elk or squirrels or whatever that a person would want to kill and have on hand.

Harte

But do not forget that there will be millions of people in the same position. Most city people would not even know how to cure or smoke meat. So they might shoot something take what they can eat in the next few days or so and let the rest rot away. So regardless of how many wild animals there are they will run out very fast indeed. By the way long pig is in Papua/New Guinea. As I was there in the early 60th many of the fly river tribes were still hunting long pig, geologists, police and army patrols disappeared and apparently went into the cooking pot.

Regards

JediStryker

jurgen36 said:
But do not forget that there will be millions of people in the same position. Most city people would not even know how to cure or smoke meat. So they might shoot something take what they can eat in the next few days or so and let the rest rot away. So regardless of how many wild animals there are they will run out very fast indeed. By the way long pig is in Papua/New Guinea. As I was there in the early 60th many of the fly river tribes were still hunting long pig, geologists, police and army patrols disappeared and apparently went into the cooking pot.

Regards

So many humans would die in an event like this that I doubt there would be enough to cause many ecological disasters. Malnutrition; violence due to rioting, theft, "peace keeping", etc,; disease and infection as the healthcase system collapses; accidents and general stupidity.

Besides, there's no way that people would flock out of the cities en masse, especially as that is where the government will have its biggest presence and people seem to tend towards looking to the government for the answers to all their problems while at the same time discussing how stupid everyone in the government is. People are going to stick with the familiar, especially as things get worse. Few people will seriously consider fleeing into the mountains and living off the land as a viable or practical solution to any of the problems they will face, because for most of them it's not.

jurgen36

JediStryker said:
Few people will seriously consider fleeing into the mountains and living off the land as a viable or practical solution to any of the problems they will face, because for most of them it's not.

You could be right that many people will stay in the cities hoping for better times, of course they will die there. But then most will not realize that supermarkets will not get any replacement food. By the time the people want to move it most likely will be to late. Also most could not live of the land.

Regards

gonzogirl

Jurgen...Millions of people dont know how to survive like some others do. The ones that cant survive will either buy it or die or TRY to take it from those who can survive. I dont think anyone can sneak up on me in my back yard.
Just like I dont know my way around downtown Portland...city people wont know what to do out where I live. Unless they stop at barnes and noble to get a survivalist book.:rolleyes:

jurgen36

gonzogirl said:
Jurgen...Millions of people dont know how to survive like some others do. The ones that cant survive will either buy it or die or TRY to take it from those who can survive. I dont think anyone can sneak up on me in my back yard.
Just like I dont know my way around downtown Portland...city people wont know what to do out where I live. Unless they stop at barnes and noble to get a survivalist book.:rolleyes:

Yes as I said before, most people think food comes from the supermarkets, by the time they find out that the supply to the cities has stopped it will be most likely to late, they will then leave the cities and try to take food y force from whoever has some. So be well armed, your life and the life of your family might depend on it.
Regards