The Internet Back Then

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I was fooling around on the Internet this morning and ended up looking for websites I used to visit 15 years ago. Then, I stumbled upon this screenshot:

Altavista-1999.png
Do you remember when you had to browse the Internet with Netscape? Man, it looked like shit in those days, but it was all so new and special. I remember that a lot of people had no idea what the Internet was.

Back then, Google wasn't around yet, so we had to use other web browsers like Alta Vista.

Were you on the net back then? When did you first become a regular Internet user?

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
Remember EarthLink and other companies sending those free trial discs in the mail? How wasteful...

PoisonApple

Badass ☆。*♡✧*。
Zenith
The old dial-up sound, yelling at someone for booting you off because they were trying to make a call when you're online...Ahh, the good old days...

(26 years old, talking about the good old days..:rolleyes:)

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I'm 27. I survived 5 years on dial up. It wasn't that bad, as I didn't know anything better back then. But now that I think about it! lol

I remember playing StarCraft over direct modem connection with my friends. It worked great until my mom tried to use the phone. lol

TimeFlipper

I was fooling around on the Internet this morning and ended up looking for websites I used to visit 15 years ago. Then, I stumbled upon this screenshot:

Altavista-1999.png
Do you remember when you had to browse the Internet with Netscape? Man, it looked like shit in those days, but it was all so new and special. I remember that a lot of people had no idea what the Internet was.

Back then, Google wasn't around yet, so we had to use other web browsers like Alta Vista.

Were you on the net back then? When did you first become a regular Internet user?

I started on the internet just over a year ago, before that i read books from the age of 8 and i have 6138 books...Does anyone want to start up a bookshop? o_0

Last edited by a moderator: