The Man in the High Castle

SarahAlways

I'm wondering if anyone would care to have a discussion about The Man in the High Castle that doesn't involve sauerkraut and anti-Semitic remarks (if that's your thing, there's already a thread for that). Kudos to anyone who has read the book- I haven't. The second season of TMITHC aired yesterday and without getting into any spoilers for anyone who hasn't seen it, the show has great plot lines of alternate realities, timeline shifts, and a race to prevent a seemingly inevitable "end of the world" scenario.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I heard about this series on Amazon Prime. Is it good?

SarahAlways

Oh Num, how nice of you to step in and save me from speaking to an empty room, but it's okay. Yeah, I think the show is pretty good. Not in the way I'd expected. There are some interesting parallels to our own society which is alarming, considering the premise of the show. The quote above, I thought, was particularly apt for what is happening today. Extremists are smart in that they don't need to even expend the energy and resources in amassing an army and invading. All they need is a good amount of fear, and let that run its course. There's also a character in the show who has the ability to transport himself to alternate worldlines (one of them more closely resembling history as we are aware of it) but in it he finds a version of himself that is less than noble. I think that is fascinating and frightening-- to have to confront every outcome of every life changing decision you have ever made, good or bad. Anyway, thanks for listening : )