Debate The Mandela Effect and Changing the Past

CrazyChanges

The Mandela Effect is a theory for the events that went a completely different way than people remember them. For example, people remember the United States to have 51 or 52 states, but it only has 50 as of right now.

People thought/think that someone time travelled to the past and changed the way certain events went. Does time travel work like that? If I were to go to the past and prevent something bad from happening, would people remember it happening or not?

TimeFlipper

The Mandela Effect is a theory for the events that went a completely different way than people remember them. For example, people remember the United States to have 51 or 52 states, but it only has 50 as of right now.

People thought/think that someone time travelled to the past and changed the way certain events went. Does time travel work like that? If I were to go to the past and prevent something bad from happening, would people remember it happening or not?
Theoretically no, because when you go back in time you will create an alternate dimension in which changes can be made, without affecting this dimension we are on, therefore everything here remains the same :)

shinsil

Well i

Theoretically no, because when you go back in time you will create an alternate dimension in which changes can be made, without affecting this dimension we are on, therefore everything here remains the same :)
Actually there are a lot of people who remember something that has changed. For example.. i was so obsessed with time travel and after watching some movies ,documentary and anime (likeStains;gate) i've allways searched for information on google. Usually i search for time travel CERN . And there were a bunch of results but pretty much the same every time that i searched. From 2012 to 2016. I watched a documentary on youtube about tt and remembered my old obsession for time travel and searched the same thing like befor and now i get this Eloi Cole guy that appeared at CERN facility declaring that he was a time traveler ... before the results would be about Titor Nd the lhc conspiracy theories and now in 2017 a new name came up. Is it just me or my imagination or has someone else noticed this?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
Well i

Actually there are a lot of people who remember something that has changed. For example.. i was so obsessed with time travel and after watching some movies ,documentary and anime (likeStains;gate) i've allways searched for information on google. Usually i search for time travel CERN . And there were a bunch of results but pretty much the same every time that i searched. From 2012 to 2016. I watched a documentary on youtube about tt and remembered my old obsession for time travel and searched the same thing like befor and now i get this Eloi Cole guy that appeared at CERN facility declaring that he was a time traveler ... before the results would be about Titor Nd the lhc conspiracy theories and now in 2017 a new name came up. Is it just me or my imagination or has someone else noticed this?

It's not really a new name. There may even be a discussion about him here. I just remember a lot of discussion about him either here or on TTI.

Snow

Yes I remember that, too. He was dressed funny - like someone, perhaps, who tried to wear appropriate attire but missed the mark. I used to think it might have been real, but it did happen on April Fools Day. Now given some of the antics we know bored young physicists get up to for stress relief and kicks and shits and grins and giggles, it was probably an early example of Cern brainiacs blowing off steam.

shinsil

Yes I remember that, too. He was dressed funny - like someone, perhaps, who tried to wear appropriate attire but missed the mark. I used to think it might have been real, but it did happen on April Fools Day. Now given some of the antics we know bored young physicists get up to for stress relief and kicks and shits and grins and giggles, it was probably an early example of Cern brainiacs blowing off steam.
Yes so they said... but was it really..?

shinsil

Well i

It's not really a new name. There may even be a discussion about him here. I just remember a lot of discussion about him either here or on TTI.
It seems to anyone that is not a new name. Thats my point . For me it is a new name but to everyone post about him were always there since 2010 or so.

Snow

@shinsil - Ok, yeah - now I got you. To you this is new and to us, it isn't! The point was driven home even more so, tonight when I was getting my daily dose of ME videos. I watched this one below and I'm like "Uh no - those aren't new ME's, those have always been that way." Before I watched it, I saw the reverse of that penny and I grabbed pennies out of my change dish and the first one I looked at had that shield! I felt a little faint until I looked at the back of another one; whew - it was the Lincoln Memorial I remembered on my pennies since forever. So I watched the video to hear more about the penny and they started making those in 2010. Are you kidding me? They have been making those for 7 years and I am just seeing one for the first time today? No way.

But I had to watch awhile to get to the pennies and the majority of these examples just were not resonating with me. A couple did, but most did not . . .

I remember wondering a while back, would a day ever come when I wouldn't see the ME's anymore? Admittedly, I was wondering if my memories would adjust to the new reality and I wouldn't remember the old way. I never considered the inevitability of a day arriving where there was a wave of ME changes and most them did not change for me. The shoe is on the other foot now, eh? This is what it feels like to be unaffected? No wonder they think we are experiencing a new mental illness.

Last edited:

Michael McDonald

I believe the mandela effect has something to do with time travel. Think of it this way, time is a river constantly flowing. Every change in time is a rock in the stream. Although the rock blocks the flow the water goes around. Eventually the rock erodes and is gone. The stream is normal again. This is time fixing itself, but there are still pieces of the rock in the stream. This is people who remember the original stream.