The May Camelopardalid Meteor Shower

TnWatchdog

Tonight is the night...maybe, for the big show! Our local Nashville weatherman said the clouds should be cleared off by then and to look towards the north after midnight. Hopefully I can either stay up or wake up to see what is going on. After the chat room night...look outside.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I heard a lot of people were disappointed. Did anyone see something?

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
I heard a lot of people were disappointed. Did anyone see something?

Well, I was disappointed too. I was out there this morning pounding the pavement during my 2 mile morning run under the stars. I went out at 3:30am and specifically looked upward for shooting stars. None were seen. The sky was clear and filled with stars though.

Khaos

where the wild things are
Because it was over-hyped. Never before seen, it has to be something that is once in a life time spectacular. Its just like weather forecasters who over-hype a storm and the storm turns out to be a bit of thunder and some rain. Nothing huge like they were hyping. Its like the 2012 mayan apocalypse that they over-hyped, said it has never happened before and will never happen again, and here we are two years later in 2014...

People say that the meteor shower was a dud, I think that the forecasting was a dud. The meteor shower isn't the problem here, its the people who hype the damn thing.

I wasn't that disappointed myself. One thing I've learned with weather, both earth and space, it changes.