The Obamas That Stole Christmas: A Little Fact-Checking About the White House Christmas Tree

Paranormalis

Think outside the mind

One of the Laura Bush trees in 2005 was decorated entirely with white lilies.

Be it on Facebook, Twitter, or in your personal email, it’s hard for anyone to have not run across what we at Common Sense Conspiracy are now labeling the “Holiday Tree Scam.” Unlike most scams out there, this is not trying to get your money or personal information. It is simply trying to spread disinformation. Let’s start by saying that the CSC certainly believes that personal liberties are being taken away from us one-by-one. We have extensively covered information regarding the New World Order and we are never going to be accused by anyone of being Obama’s biggest fans. However, we also believe in a mantra around here that those that read regularly know so well: sometimes it is what it is.

If you haven’t seen the “Holiday Tree Scam” in action, it goes like this in a quick summary. The White House has announced that they will not have a Christmas tree this year, but a Holiday tree. People in America should refer to their own personal trees as Holiday Trees as well. This is supposedly because of the religious and ethnic differences in our nation. The idea is that the Christmas tree at the White House signifies that we are a Christian country (what a terrible concept) and it is offensive to people of other religious backgrounds. It also goes along with an encouragement to not say “Merry Christmas” but “Happy Holidays.” The scam’s goal is simply to spark outrage. People get upset when things like this circulate. They believe it is true because it sounds halfway legitimate with what is going on in our world day-to-day anyway. It’s not that hard to believe, but here at Common Sense, we do believe in checking facts, and the facts in this case are seriously skewed. First, here’s an example of what you might see floating around on Facebook:

WHAT A CROCK OF BULL….. We can’t say Merry Christmas now we have to say Happy Holidays. We can’t call it a Christmas tree, it’s now called a Holiday tree? Because it might offend someone. If you don’t like our “Customs” and it offends you so much then GO HOME. I will help you pack. They are called customs and we have our traditions If you… agree with this…please post this as your status!! I AM A PROUD AMERCIAN CITIZEN… MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! Do you have what it takes to repost this?​

Never mind that the people propagating this list cannot spell “American” which in my opinion is the real crime here. If you are interested in reading the email that is circulating, a full version of it can be found here. Ok, so now you have the phony info. Let’s get on to the real facts.

A lot of the backlash surrounding this scam comes from the idea that a fair sampling of the nation believes that Obama is a Muslim. Now, whether that is true or not is a debate for another day (and one we will gladly take on in another article), but for our purposes here, the fact that there has been some outcry about Obama’s religious background is part of the reason that the idea that he would outlaw the Christmas tree at the White House is so easy for people to accept. Ironically, a little fact-checking turns up some very interesting information. How many people posting and circulating this scam would believe me if I said that First Lady Laura Bush, the wife of George W. Bush, famously refused to include Christ-centered ornaments or themes on the White House Christmas tree. Actually, when Michelle Obama received the Christmas tree at the White House for the first time in 2009, she immediately did away with Laura Bush’s “themed” ornaments and had over 800 new, traditional ornaments created just for the occasion. Now, this is not an attempt to say that Laura Bush was trying to ban Christmas; more likely she just had a different taste that didn’t necessarily coincide with traditional American ideas of what a Christmas tree should look like. It is funny how many people don’t know this and are so quick to condemn the Obama’s for stealing Christmas.

So, at the very least, the Christmas tree is not called a Christmas tree at the White House, right? Hmm…

27 seconds in. What’s that?

Happy holidays from Common Sense Conspiracy. Or is it Merry Christmas? We can’t tell you.

Source: Common Sense Conspiracy

Justinian

LOL. People crack me up. When I say Happy Holidays.. it's meant to be all inclusive of Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Years Eve/Day. They all come so quick and I lose track of time with being busy at work that I've said it like this for years. Now you get.. What! No Merry Christmas? lol. As far as a tree? Meh. It's a tree. Anyone remember LiteBrite? Yeah.. we had a ceramic tree that was like 18'' tall and you put LiteBrite bulbs in the ceramic limbs. That was our tree for years. People just want to find something, anything to argue about. Welcome to the land of misery.