The "P" is breaking... kind of. Help!

Justinian

So I know several people have posted saying about problems and I'm experiencing some of the same. Just thought I'd make a new thread.

Problem list:
- Videos and Pics sometimes load, sometimes don't. Seems to be random.
- It seems that if I'm reading a longer page of posts and take too long between refreshes, it will tell me that I'm not authorized to post.
- I've also been told I'm not authorized to comment on people's statuses.

The first one is random and odd.

The second and third problem listed seems that refreshing the page, then logging out, and logging back in, then refreshing the page again seem to fix it. So it's not a huge deal.

Just wanted to make a post in case maybe something really is broke.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
I had some of these problems happen to me on very rare occasions.

Most pictures posted on Paranormalis are not hosted on here. If the pic is taken down from the site it's hosted on, then we get a blank picture that won't load in the thread.

The videos though, are from Youtube. Perhaps there's something wrong with your Flash Player.

The error messages preventing you from posting haven't been reported to me in a long time. I experienced it twice over the last 2 years. I've never been able to reproduce it. The only thing I was able to notice, was that somehow, a few specific words in my post were causing the error, as if there was a word censor rule preventing me from posting black listed words. I checked and no such rules are in place on Paranormalis.

I'll let other members report issues they may have experienced around here, we'll see how many folks noticed odd things.

Which Internet browser are you using?

Justinian

I'm using IE. Different versions between work and home. I usually just account it to me being on here mostly at work. And since they seem to block things randomly, I attributed everything to that. But recently BT commented in the Animal Lovers post that he was having problems seeing videos and then Apocalypse said about not being able to comment on something in the why we love paranormalis thread....

BlastTyrant

Yes! i cannot view Videos on this site, i alternate between Google Chrome and IE 8.0 i noticed it a few days ago, where the videos are suppose to be is just a big open Area, BUT i restarted my PC here and cleared IE settings and i seem to be able to view them again, we will see how long it lasts.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Are you able to watch videos directly on Youtube? Weird, especially since you tried Chome.

Justinian

Now usually when I'm in that situation of not seeing videos its cause I'm at work. And they block something that those imbedded videos use. Not sure how they do it.. but maybe you got some sort of virus going on. ?? You should immediately go to the window and open it. Yell profanities for about 10 minutes then launch the computer out the window.

Or do like that guy in Canada that held is 6 month old baby hostage in exchange for a 6 pack of beer. Do it! Call the cops and say that you will throw it out the window unless they bring you a pizza and some beer. I'll go ahead and turn on CNN now and wait.

Justinian

After reading this again.. Yup.. This is EXACTLY what it looks like when I'm at work. The open area is blank. I'm not sure what kind of scripting embeds those vids.. but that's what they do here. Sounds like you got busted by the fuzz or some virus. Try logging in from a different PC. I did and that seems to have shown me that my problem of pics not showing up was just on one PC. Sometimes they're there, sometimes they aren't. Sometimes after the page fully loads, then they disappear into little red x's.

Yes! i cannot view Videos on this site, i alternate between Google Chrome and IE 8.0 i noticed it a few days ago, where the videos are suppose to be is just a big open Area, BUT i restarted my PC here and cleared IE settings and i seem to be able to view them again, we will see how long it lasts.[/quote

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Is it any better now? Are you still getting the same message after restarting Chrome and getting back here?

I think I might have fixed it.