The Pope's neverending death

StarLord

Re: The Pope's neverending death

That depends totally on the parents. If it's done right, there is no more trauma than eating a PBJ.

Zoomerz

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Paul J. Lyon\")</div>
You ought to realize that the U.S. consists of a great many people of Mexican and Latin American heritage, only a small number of whom are present in the country \"illegally.\"
?
There are far more European-Americans populating the Southwest who cannot trace their origins to legal immigration than there are Mexican-Americans. ?
?
Among the white illegal aliens are the descendants of all of those who moved to Texas from the U.S. and Europe before 1836 and to California before 1846 without the consent and (in the case of Texas) contrary to the law. ?
?
In fact, prior to the Treaty of Guadalupe-Hidalgo, extorted from the Mexican government following the invasion of Mexico by the U.S. without cause, it could be argued that all of the Americans from the coast over to the Rio Grande were illegal aliens.
?
The case could be made that the entire country was founded by unwelcome immigrants-- though it was sustained to a great measure by slave labor, the labor of those who were immigrants against their will.[/b]

You're right Paul. I realized it too late to edit my post. It was supposed to be a joke, but as I've said before, perhaps I need lessons in humor! To any hispanic americans I've offended, I apologize.

Cinco De Mayo (btw) commemorates a Mexican battle and is a celebration throughout the country. It has nothing to do with crossing the border in Arizona (for those in Europe or elsewhere that might not know).

Z-

sosuemetoo

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Cornelia\")</div>
PS Sometimes I decide I must go away from this forum, for strictly personal reasons, but then I come back just to find again and again that bit of magic... :blush:

***I love you all buckarooze!***-[/b]

Corny,
I'm so glad to see you posting again. Love you too. Love it when you say buckarooze and buckshot. Cary taught you well.

Mom

Crosstika

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
That depends totally on the parents. ?If it's done right, ?there is no more trauma than eating a PBJ.[/b]

So, you're claiming society plays no role in this?

Arez

yeah i do think it is really stupid how long it is goin on for. but this guy was leader of one of the biggest religions in the world. there are over 1 billion ppl that are part of the churches of his religion so it is a big thing. just watc h something else it will be over soon......unless the next pope gets shot as soon as he takes his place :eek:

deepthought

I will lay odds that no other person will get a turn out like this for their funeral.
Whether you are religious or not, JP2 was the greatest statesman we have seen in our lifetime. To command that amount of respect, and carry nothing more that a cross, shows the way for all.
You don't need WMD's to influence the collective minds of mankind.

Harte

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Grayson\")</div>
*Vomits at the site of Harte's heart beating in his Avatar*[/b]

Sorry. I thought this board could use a reality injection. Just imagine that it means that my heart beats for you!:)

Harte

CaryP

Hell, I like the beating heart as Harte's avatar. Looks kinda cool.

Cary

StarLord

If it leaked a little, he could mascarade as a Bleeding Heart Liberal.

Crosstika

I heard the pope knew about priests' molesting kids for 40 years and sat on top of it. Great man.