The Pope's neverending death

StarLord

Re: The Pope's neverending death

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"Crosstika\")</div>
So, you're claiming society plays no role in this?[/b]

If a childs parents take the time and love to explain to them that death is as much a part of life as living is, that there is nothing wrong, there is nothing to fear, it is very natural as the person has just passed on to the next world AND there is a very good chance that they will see them when they pass into that next world. They are still very much alive, they are just not here with us.

Would you trust society to teach your children? I certainly wouldn't. It's a race. A very important race for the parents. They have to make sure that they get to the children before society does. That way at least the children have some kind of foundation given to them by their parents, and they have the necessary tools to be able to ingnore the crap and lies that society constantly bombards them with.

StarLord

I heard the pope knew about priests' molesting kids for 40 years and sat on top of it. Great man.[/b]

Sorry, but what the hell does this have to do with the Popes passing???

KiraSjon

I heard the pope knew about priests' molesting kids for 40 years and sat on top of it. Great man.[/b]

When? Where? Have a link? That would be an interesting story to read.

Harte

Crosstika
I think you got that backwards, wasn't it the kids sitting on top of it?
Harte

Crosstika

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(\"StarLord\")</div>
Would you trust society to teach your children? ?I certainly wouldn't. .[/b]

You gonna keep them out of contact with society? That includes, no friends, no TV, no radio, no school?

StarLord

You gonna keep them out of contact with society? That includes, no friends, no TV, no radio, no school?[/b]

If you had quoted everythig I posted there, you could have answered your own question.

You obviously missed the part where it talks about the "parents getting to the child before society does with a firm foundation" After that the kid has the ability to strain the junk from the facts much better than if there was no imput from the parents. Teaching your children to question the validity of something rather than swallow everything handed to them is onew of the best tools you can hand your child as they are growing up. You know as well as I do that there is more fertilizer spouting from TV, Radio and other sources than you can shake a outhouse at. Talking to and with, rather than at young people allows them to freely question and learn imho.

Crosstika

I like your plan, it doesn't sound cohesive, but I'll bite. Til what age will you keep the kid out of societies influence? In other words at which age will they be able to filter all the garbage thrown at them? I don't see the possibility of teaching too many kindergarteners to question authority. Maybe I'm just wrong.

StarLord

I like your plan, it doesn't sound cohesive, but I'll bite. Til what age will you keep the kid out of societies influence? In other words at which age will they be able to filter all the garbage thrown at them? I don't see the possibility of teaching too many kindergarteners to question authority. Maybe I'm just wrong.[/b]

I am sure that you were just as aware as I that we were not speaking abut kids in kindergarten, nor were we talking about authority. But that was a good try.
Next?

Crosstika

Well kids in kindergarden start learning things from society. So your plan about teaching them before society does, would have to start even earlier than that? When ? In the womb?