The Protests of 2017

SarahAlways

He does have deep pockets, my goodness! Don't forget to take off the 2.5 mil he spent on the women's march. I mean, that's assuming he only paid each protester $1. Might be a low estimate but you know how those billionaires are really stingy bastards, aren't they? And he had a lot of overhead to cover as well. With all the photo doctoring and such. He must be a very busy man. Does anyone happen to know what kind of work week this guy puts in? 80 hours? That's dedication right there.

Thoth93

I used to attend many large-scale protests and organized with groups who led demonstrations in the early/ mid 2000s and have many friends and loved ones who attend today. The majority of them, including myself, had never heard of George Soros until last year.
Fake news is never substantiated with massive amounts of photographic and video evidence and if it were constructed it would be most advanced, prolifically organized scam ever and also probably the most pointless because if you did somehow have that kind of money and access it seems like there would be way more effective ways to undermine the government. As someone who works in digital and social media it would literally be impossible to covertly execute that display across social media and hide transactions of money to such a multitude of people.
There are definitely violent contingents at protests (no matter what your political affiliation) which I think is selfish, but at the very least Saturday I was told the protests were peaceful if not tame.

Fake news - and not news we do not want to hear or do not agree with - has always been about clickbait and, at its worst, sowing discontent and inflaming a divisive rhetoric. I see people politically across the board perpetuate false claims and its pervasiveness is frightening. I am not ready to accept any claims of conspiracy theory when basic group psychology suffices.
Don't be so naive, it's an updated version of the
I used to attend many large-scale protests and organized with groups who led demonstrations in the early/ mid 2000s and have many friends and loved ones who attend today. The majority of them, including myself, had never heard of George Soros until last year.
Fake news is never substantiated with massive amounts of photographic and video evidence and if it were constructed it would be most advanced, prolifically organized scam ever and also probably the most pointless because if you did somehow have that kind of money and access it seems like there would be way more effective ways to undermine the government. As someone who works in digital and social media it would literally be impossible to covertly execute that display across social media and hide transactions of money to such a multitude of people.
There are definitely violent contingents at protests (no matter what your political affiliation) which I think is selfish, but at the very least Saturday I was told the protests were peaceful if not tame.

Fake news - and not news we do not want to hear or do not agree with - has always been about clickbait and, at its worst, sowing discontent and inflaming a divisive rhetoric. I see people politically across the board perpetuate false claims and its pervasiveness is frightening. I am not ready to accept any claims of conspiracy theory when basic group psychology suffices.
Don't be so naive, group psychology is the very tool being used, I say this with all due respect if you have never heard of project Mockingbird, then you should should look into it before you make assumptions on what is possible. I understand that it's quite comfortable to think you have a handle on what's going on, so I don't blame you if you don't want to research and be disappointed. I get it, much of what I learned working with people I wish I could unlearn.

gizi agresta

Don't be condescending and then literally cite nothing. So rude especially since I am speaking directly from experience. Honestly, I would have been overjoyed if someone paid me to protest but really a lot of women (including myself) are just a bit peeved our reproductive rights are in danger.

Some basic research tells me that Project Mockingbird, an program that only allegedly existed, was only instituted int he 60s and 70s and if we are talking about that era and the CIA I will raise you COINTELPRO. I don't know a lot about the CIA but I do know they tend to be opportunistically sketchy. So I don't even know what your point is.

Looking into Soros he doesn't seem to hold a candle to the political spending of the Koch Brothers or Bill Gates for that matter. I have no interest in defending him - for all I know he probably is a megalomaniacal jerk - but I stand by my statements that it would an impossible feat to have faked those inauguration protests aside from the fact I can vouch for many people there who were not paid.

Thoth93

Don't be condescending and then literally cite nothing. So rude especially since I am speaking directly from experience. Honestly, I would have been overjoyed if someone paid me to protest but really a lot of women (including myself) are just a bit peeved our reproductive rights are in danger.

Some basic research tells me that Project Mockingbird, an program that only allegedly existed, was only instituted int he 60s and 70s and if we are talking about that era and the CIA I will raise you COINTELPRO. I don't know a lot about the CIA but I do know they tend to be opportunistically sketchy. So I don't even know what your point is.

Looking into Soros he doesn't seem to hold a candle to the political spending of the Koch Brothers or Bill Gates for that matter. I have no interest in defending him - for all I know he probably is a megalomaniacal jerk - but I stand by my statements that it would an impossible feat to have faked those inauguration protests aside from the fact I can vouch for many people there who were not paid.
I'm not being condescending I'm being honest with you. I know that you don't want to see that any more than anyone else and that's fine. The CIA has been using propaganda to overthrow regimes and influence elections in so many countries over the world and have gotten good very good at what they do. You do the math.

SarahAlways

I'm not being condescending I'm being honest with you. I know that you don't want to see that any more than anyone else and that's fine. The CIA has been using propaganda to overthrow regimes and influence elections in so many countries over the world and have gotten good very good at what they do. You do the math.
Pro tip: If you're not trying to be condescending don't start your statements with, "Don't be so naive."

Thoth93

Pro tip: If you're not trying to be condescending don't start your statements with, "Don't be so naive."
Fine then I won't for future reference I will keep that in mind now if you had something constructive to add I'm all ears. And I also said with all due respect. I didn't say she was naive I told her not to be naive.
I also understand that you would be quick to be offended because it's coming from a male and women have a hatred for men these days, which is fine do what you want but at least read the whole thing before jumping into an emotional state of defend you fellow woman.

Last edited:

SarahAlways

That's fair. Let's see, what was the question again? Oh yes, "Does anyone think that the protests of today could have been what Titor was talking about?" I have been thinking about this a lot and Titor in general, but specifically about protests... I remember he said privacy was a big issue. Privacy vs. Protection. He may have touched on other things, and I would love for someone who knows to chime in. Did he mention anything specific about women marching and for what reasons? I don't think he was that specific. He didn't tell us who would be elected, so leaving out such a great detail as that, it lends one to think that the details of the protests surrounding the inauguration would not be mentioned. So anyway, this thread has sort of morphed from a question about Titor's predictions to Soros conspiracy, and I don't waste too much energy on the latter. Sorry if that isn't constructive enough for you.

gizi agresta

Don't tell me you are being "honest" or "to do the math" when you make the vaguest of outdated citations. I am doing they math as a former protestor who is still politically active and as someone who works in media.

The internet did not exist in 1968. The rules are a lot different. Whether it Soros or the CIA, it would be a huge waste of time and money since protests nowadays are largely symbolic. No matter how many people were there would not have stopped Trump from signing executive orders. Ever since the WTO protests of 1999 and subsequent anti-globalization protests police generally are prepared in riot gear from the start and the parameters of the protest are strictly set.
Hypothetically speaking, what would be the overall goal of setting this up? What would the propaganda be for exactly?

For the record, I am totally fine not seeing eye to eye with someone. It will either change how I feel or strengthen my resolve, both of which are good things in my book. Suggesting I or anyone else is naive doesn't serve the dialog at all.