The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Is anyone watching this? I'm surprised @PaulaJedi hasn't mentioned it yet.

I got burned out and stopped watching the original TWD series years ago, around season 6 or 7 because it was 90% filler.

I'm just out of watching the first episode of The Walking Dead: The Ones Who Live and I gotta say, it was pretty good. I felt right to see Rick again as the main character. The script didn't feel as bloated and convouted as during the original show's downfall.

It's too early to say if it's gonna be good, we'll have to watch a couple more episodes.

1709052363873.png

steven chiverton

ive got the walking dead but dont know about this title ive just completed watching the new season one of the walking dead daryl dixon

8thsinner

I'm not going to waste my time with it, but I am curious about one thing.
How long before they start pushing the agenda that killing one person is justified along the theoretical lines of saving others at some unknown time in the future?
First episode? second?

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
haha. Honestly, I'm disappointed that Walking Dead didn't give us a good finale. They are now dragging it on. I'm tired of the same scenarios over and over again. Bad guy tries to destroy their peace. They chase eachother. They have a chance to kill bad guy but never do. I tried watching the Daryl spinoff. The dude floated on a raft over the ocean, unconscious, from USA to France. Really?
And it's a bit boring and woke. They had a whole woke dance/music scene that had nothing to do with the story. I'm actually done with all Walking Dead. I wish they'd just give us closure. It's not original anymore.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I'm not going to waste my time with it, but I am curious about one thing.
How long before they start pushing the agenda that killing one person is justified along the theoretical lines of saving others at some unknown time in the future?
First episode? second?

It's survival. If there is a serial killer on the loose, in any time period or situation, you'd want him alive?

8thsinner

It's survival. If there is a serial killer on the loose, in any time period or situation, you'd want him alive?
I am talking about science fiction here, they don't have scenarios like that, the programming is all about justifying murder for a cause.
You haven't noticed this trend?

Num7

Administrator
Staff
haha. Honestly, I'm disappointed that Walking Dead didn't give us a good finale. They are now dragging it on. I'm tired of the same scenarios over and over again. Bad guy tries to destroy their peace. They chase eachother. They have a chance to kill bad guy but never do. I tried watching the Daryl spinoff. The dude floated on a raft over the ocean, unconscious, from USA to France. Really?
And it's a bit boring and woke. They had a whole woke dance/music scene that had nothing to do with the story. I'm actually done with all Walking Dead. I wish they'd just give us closure. It's not original anymore.
I agree, and I've heard similar comments on the Daryl series. Apparently it's not bad, but it's not good either... Now that you say that it's woke at moments... eww.

Depending on what you're looking for, maybe you'll like The Ones Who Live. With Andrew Lincoln back, it has TWD seasons 1-2-3 vibes at moments, which feel good. It's far from perfect, but people seem to have liked it. Someone said on Reddit that it feels like "good, fan fiction that feels legit".

I definitely encourage you to give it a try, if you feel it's along the lines of what you're looking for in a TWD shot.

As a side note, the idea of killing one person to save many is center-stage in series such as TWD. Death is around the corner at all times, you never know what will happen to our heroes. They explored this concept many times in many different ways over the seasons.

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
I agree, and I've heard similar comments on the Daryl series. Apparently it's not bad, but it's not good either... Now that you say that it's woke at moments... eww.

Depending on what you're looking for, maybe you'll like The Ones Who Live. With Andrew Lincoln back, it has TWD seasons 1-2-3 vibes at moments, which feel good. It's far from perfect, but people seem to have liked it. Someone said on Reddit that it feels like "good, fan fiction that feels legit".

I definitely encourage you to give it a try, if you feel it's along the lines of what you're looking for in a TWD shot.

As a side note, the idea of killing one person to save many is center-stage in series such as TWD. Death is around the corner at all times, you never know what will happen to our heroes. They explored this concept many times in many different ways over the seasons.

Thanks, but I think we're done with Walking Dead. Just want to remember the good stuff of the past. In the beginning, it was very mysterious and drew you in. Then, season after season, all they did was battle a bad guy. And let's not forget they did it wearing high fashion, great hair cuts, and jewelry.

The Daryl show is really slow and has the same formula as everything else: Hot chick, enemy, but has added wokeness.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
Thanks, but I think we're done with Walking Dead. Just want to remember the good stuff of the past. In the beginning, it was very mysterious and drew you in. Then, season after season, all they did was battle a bad guy. And let's not forget they did it wearing high fashion, great hair cuts, and jewelry.

The Daryl show is really slow and has the same formula as everything else: Hot chick, enemy, but has added wokeness.
So true. I remember in the early seasons when the group got back together on the highway, they all had brand new cars of that year... But didn't the zombie apocalypse happen like a year or 2 ago or something in the show's timeline? That was funny.

I agree that the early seasons had something no other seasons (possibly no other show) will ever have. I remember that feeling. To me, what you said reminds me of seasons 1, 2 and 3. Maybe a little of season 4, but I feel that's when it started to slowly go downhill.

The Terminus season 4 ending was badass, but what followed in season 5, to me, is when the show and its plot started to get convoluted and way too convenient. The whole hospital side story with Beth, among other things... Didn't like that part at all, it felt like it was clumsily added to the script or something.

When do you consider the original series started to go downhill?