Debate There is no "God"

Samstwitch

Sam, what is your opinion about this?

1 Timothy 2:12
But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have authority over the man, but to be in silence.

That was written for the times by St. Paul...as you must know that women were not regarded much by men in those times. However, Jesus first appeared to Mary Magdelene after His Resurrection, which was an example to men of women's worth. There is much more to be said on this subject of Jesus appearing to Mary first, but I won't go into that here or now.

1st and 2nd Timothy were written by St. Paul. He was a good and faithful servant of Jesus AFTER his conversion (which happened AFTER Jesus was already Ascended to Heaven). Paul missed out on walking WITH Jesus when the Lord was here on earth. Paul was not one of the original 12 Apostles. So Paul missed hearing many important things that Jesus taught to His Apostles and disciples on a daily basis, which were great things!

I have written some of my thoughts on another Scripture authored by St. Paul (who I still highly regard) on this thread: The truth about Jesus and Gay people

St. Paul, having missed the personal experience of walking with Jesus when He was on earth, IMO is why he wrote certain things on some subjects, such as the one you mentioned above, and the one I wrote about in the link above, when the Apostles (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, etc.) did not write about those things.

And in the New Testament, if you read the words of Jesus (find a Red Letter Bible), Jesus NEVER condemned anyone for anything. (He rebuked the Pharisees/Priests for being hypocrites, but he never condemned anyone.) Jesus taught, "Judge not, lest ye be judged." Jesus taught to love one another. Those were his 2 main messages to the world.

Leviticus 15:19-30
And if a woman have an issue, and her issue in her flesh be blood, she shall be put apart seven days: and whosoever toucheth her shall be unclean until the even. And every thing that she lieth upon in her separation shall be unclean: every thing also that she sitteth upon shall be unclean. And whosoever toucheth her bed shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And whosoever toucheth any thing that she sat upon shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. And if it be on her bed, or on any thing whereon she sitteth, when he toucheth it, he shall be unclean until the even. And if any man lie with her at all, and her flowers be upon him, he shall be unclean seven days; and all the bed whereon he lieth shall be unclean. And if a woman have an issue of her blood many days out of the time of her separation, or if it run beyond the time of her separation; all the days of the issue of her uncleanness shall be as the days of her separation: she shall be unclean. Every bed whereon she lieth all the days of her issue shall be unto her as the bed of her separation: and whatsoever she sitteth upon shall be unclean, as the uncleanness of her separation. And whosoever toucheth those things shall be unclean, and shall wash his clothes, and bathe himself in water, and be unclean until the even. But if she be cleansed of her issue, then she shall number to herself seven days, and after that she shall be clean. And on the eighth day she shall take unto her two turtles, or two young pigeons, and bring them unto the priest, to the door of the tabernacle of the congregation. And the priest shall offer the one for a sin offering, and the other for a burnt offering; and the priest shall make an atonement for her before the LORD for the issue of her uncleanness.

Leviticus 20:18
And if a man shall lie with a woman having her sickness, and shall uncover her nakedness; he hath discovered her fountain, and she hath uncovered the fountain of her blood: and both of them shall be cut off from among their people.

Ezekiel 18:5-6
But if a man be just, and do that which is lawful and right, and hath not ... come near to a menstruous woman.....

-it almost sound like "monstrous woman".

So, I'm curious to see how you find the love of god in this and how come we don't respect this law from The Lord today. We ignore it right?

The Laws in the Old Testament...many, many dos and don'ts...stoning rebellious teens to death, etc. Yes, I know all about it.

Leviticus is the Old Law in the Old Testament...

Jesus came and fulfilled the Old Testament, the Old Laws. That's what angered the Pharisees so much, that's why they crucified Jesus...because He did not adhere to the Old Laws in the Old Testament. That's what they argued with Jesus over. (Watch the movie "Jesus of Nazareth" to see how this happened.)

Jesus did things like heal the sick on the Sabbath, which the Pharisees/Priests considered work on the Sabbath, which was against the Old Laws, and they condemned Him for it. The old Laws are not in affect today. That's why after Jesus was Resurrected, the Apostles no longer practiced animal Sacrifices in the Temple...they stopped practicing the Old Laws. Instead, they began practicing/celebrating Communion of the Bread and Wine, the Body and Blood of Christ.

Aside from the Old Laws in the Old Testament...

The Ten Commandments are still God's Commandments that we should live by, and Jesus said that. But Jesus also gave us a new 11th Commandment: To love one another as He loved us. To love our neighbor as ourself.

So the old laws of the Old Testament are done away with, except the Ten Commandments.

I hope this information has been helpful to you.

Weeeeee_Zard

So, the bible is not accurate because it was written by men, right?

should we only take what is convenient for us from it?

Sam, do you know anything about Egyptian mythology?

Octavusprime

My responses in yellow-WZ

little science for you to look at about the origins of life on this mudball we call earth...... but don't let the facts get in the way of your belief in a farytale story of how man came to be...

Debunking Evolution - problems between the theory and reality; the false science of evolution

this evidence in no way proves the existence of GOD but rather simply shows one of the flaws in your belief system

Well, I happen to be an ornamental shrimp keeper/breeder, I know about interbreeding and selective breeding. It's not quite a good example to compare a breeder's colony of a specie to compare to the planetary reality. What I can do in 20 years to get my shrimp color mutations stable enough is nowhere near what happens in nature for thousands of years.

You breed freshwater shrimp? I have a few in my 220 gallon but I have a hard time keeping them alive with my fish constantly picking at them. Sorry all back on topic!

Galileo

Belief in spirituality is a primal human survival tool acquired from highly evolved self awareness, atheism is a political agenda.

bomberman

Hey everyone,

I would love to know who here is religious, and what exactly that person believes in. I see that many people like to discuss spirituality and religion, but i want to start a debate, and i hereby challenge each and everyone of you on the subject of god.

For starters, i am an atheist, but i wouldn't say that i am a complete materialist. I believe that the world is not just material. But what i'm pretty sure of is that there is no god, and that all religions are based on the same mythological idea.

Let me hear what and why you guys believe. :)