These pear shaped nuclei makes time travel impossible?

Angelhoney

I"Researchers have confirmed the existence of an unusual form of atomic nuclei, challenging the fundamental theories of physics – and it could send hopes for time travel swirling down the drain.

It’s long been thought that the nucleus of Barium- 144 may be asymmetric, and in a new study, an international team of researchers has finally observed the pear-shaped distortion.

They say the deformation is even more pronounced than previously expected, and points in a specific direction that defines the flow of time as 'past to present.'"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 5

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Do you have a source for this? It sounds a lot like hearsay to me. Either that, or it's just another blatant lie invented to try to crush people's hopes of ever achieving time travel. You can't believe everything you read, and there are a lot of lies out in the media.

We'd be in big trouble if time travel were impossible, and there's plenty of evidence on the contrary that suggests that it is possible.

Classicalfan626

Visionary
Zenith
Oh, I see. But still, you can't believe everything you read.

And I do believe the Daily Mail is a part of the mainstream media, and is therefore not a reliable source. That's just my opinion, though.

TimeFlipper

Oh, I see. But still, you can't believe everything you read.

And I do believe the Daily Mail is a part of the mainstream media, and is therefore not a reliable source. That's just my opinion, though.
Hey dont shoot the messenger (The Daily Mail) :p
Only last year The Daily Mail (30/4/15) told us about The Emdrive which was featured on Paranormalis...Its an engine which requires no material fuel, has no moving parts, and only uses electricity...NASA are still working on that engine, which they say could work for the star-ships of the future..A laser is fired into a "resonance" chamber and the particles are accelerated to astronomical speeds, some of which appear to move faster than light :eek:..

And dont forget those pesky little Tachyons ive told you about, some Professor seems to think that Neutrinos are actually Tachyons, which are supposed to travel faster than light (y) :cool: