This is great for us ole timers remembering the way it was

TimeFlipper

TURN YOUR VOLUME UP. THIS IS NEAT. YOU MIGHT EVEN WANT TO PLAY IT TWICE.
ONCE UPON A TIME IN A LAND FAR FAR AWAY – IS THE LAND THAT MADE ME, ME.
CLICK ON THE LINK FOR A SMILE

https://www.youtube.com/embed/J55S38xwxnQ?rel=0

For those under 70, share it with your Parents.....OK
Yes Prof according to some regulators and bureaucrats, children of the 1950s and 60s should never have survived......because >>>>
When we rode our bikes we didnt wear crash hats and we made a clacking noise from an empty cigarette packet stuck to the wheel spokes..
We rode our bikes in packs of 7 and wore our coats only by the hood....

We played cricket and football in our streets and made up games if we lost the balls......
We drank water from fountains or garden hoses, and not from bottles which tasted the same....
We ate Pork Dripping sandwiches and bread and butter puddings, drank fizzy pop but never got fat because we were always outside playing..

We shared 1 drink between 4 of us and nobody died because of this.....
We would spend hours making go carts and take them to the top of a hill and ride down it, forgetting there were no brakes on them...
We would leave school at 4pm and play the rest of the day before it got dark and nobody bothered us..

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke our teeth, but there were no lawsuits...
We had fights, got hurt but always remained friends and no parents got involved..
We did not have PC`s..Play Stations..X Boxes..Video Games..Cell Fones..Chat sites..we had "friends" and played outside...
We always walked to our friends homes, and our parents never drove us to school which was only a few streets away...

Our actions were our own...Consequences were expected, and if we did get hurt we would learn from our mistakes...
If we got into trouble with the police for breaking a law, our parents would be on the side of the law....
This generation has produced some of the best risk takers and problem solvers and inventors ever..The past 60years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas..We had freedom failure success and responsibility and we learnt how to deal with all of it..

For those of you who are not old enough, i thought you might like to read a little bit about us oldies :)

TnWatchdog

Sounds like you were a wildman TimeFlipper, in your younger days...and beyond. lol

I remember my brother and I going outside to play badmitten and volleyball when we were kids, everynight...we also played croquet, which were fun times. We shot baskets in the front carport, while I ended up breaking my toe and ribs playing the carport basketball.
Times have changed.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Sounds like you were a wildman TimeFlipper, in your younger days...and beyond. lol

I remember my brother and I going outside to play badmitten and volleyball when we were kids, everynight...we also played croquet, which were fun times. We shot baskets in the front carport, while I ended up breaking my toe and ribs playing the carport basketball.
Times have changed.
I purposely left out the girls Dawg ;) we used to play volleyball in our teens and we used the upright of a goal post for the net :D I was lucky that my father was a Rolls Royce employee, because we could use their sports facilities for playing tennis, hard and soft courts..10 hole golf and bowls..i used to do these on my day off from work in the summer :) at night time it was girls or playing in my bands, chilling out listening to records and spending time in my radio room :cool:

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor

Yes Prof according to some regulators and bureaucrats, children of the 1950s and 60s should never have survived......because >>>>
When we rode our bikes we didnt wear crash hats and we made a clacking noise from an empty cigarette packet stuck to the wheel spokes..
We rode our bikes in packs of 7 and wore our coats only by the hood....

We played cricket and football in our streets and made up games if we lost the balls......
We drank water from fountains or garden hoses, and not from bottles which tasted the same....
We ate Pork Dripping sandwiches and bread and butter puddings, drank fizzy pop but never got fat because we were always outside playing..

We shared 1 drink between 4 of us and nobody died because of this.....
We would spend hours making go carts and take them to the top of a hill and ride down it, forgetting there were no brakes on them...
We would leave school at 4pm and play the rest of the day before it got dark and nobody bothered us..

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke our teeth, but there were no lawsuits...
We had fights, got hurt but always remained friends and no parents got involved..
We did not have PC`s..Play Stations..X Boxes..Video Games..Cell Fones..Chat sites..we had "friends" and played outside...
We always walked to our friends homes, and our parents never drove us to school which was only a few streets away...

Our actions were our own...Consequences were expected, and if we did get hurt we would learn from our mistakes...
If we got into trouble with the police for breaking a law, our parents would be on the side of the law....
This generation has produced some of the best risk takers and problem solvers and inventors ever..The past 60years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas..We had freedom failure success and responsibility and we learnt how to deal with all of it..

For those of you who are not old enough, i thought you might like to read a little bit about us oldies :)

TimeFlipper, I remember the good old days as a Iowa country kid in the late 1950's and early 1960's. Yes I would be willing to re-live the great times again.

PS Thank you for the Good Old Days Re-visited.
Professor Opmmur

Harte

The town in the vid, Jonesboro Arkansas, was my home for seven years.

Harte