Debate Time experiments will not work on Earth

Timeisonmyside

Time experiments cannot be preformed while on Earth because we as a planet are never occupying the same point in space or spacetime....to verify an experiment you would have to be totally static in space because your experiment would occur at that point and only then you may see a result, but if spacetime itself is moving then that could cause a whole other set of problems even if you were able to be absolutely static in space. Viewing in the future would require a very exact idea of where Earth would be at a fixed time in the universe....The idea of infinite curve (to look back at oneself in the future...as Einstein theorized) would not be possible in a moving universe......your ideas?....I have tough skin so I don't care to be roughed up...lets talk about it

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
How about this two clocks the same types set to the very same time
in ten's of seconds:

One is kept on the ground and the other is put in a very fast jet plane
flying 60,000 ft.

12 hours later you check both clocks: tell me are both clocks still the same
time or different times in ten's of seconds?

Timeisonmyside

in ten's of seconds:

flying 60,000 ft.

Thank you for continuing this discussion.....I got your point of time dilation....that is a true and absolute proven point, I know there will be a difference but lets take it further....a plane circling the earth near the speed of light and according to Einstein that would be considered time travel into the future because of the time difference mulitiplied by speed and all effected by gravity but the plane has the whole time been traveling with Earth through space and only offers a trip into the future with no return to your original point of time. See because the plane stayed with the planet, this experiment might be considered a type of time travel it is what I would consider a relativity experiment because the plane was controlled to stay relative to the planet but time was experience on both objects. I agree with you and it maybe able to "time cloak" yourself and appear in the future relative to your own time experience but I think that is like being froze and woke up later....see what I am getting at? I think that your right and time travel in this fashion maybe possible and wins that debate of time travel is possible on Earth but also may prove there is only one way to travel ....forward in time....let's call it Einstein's amber or time cloak.....lets keep going and shooting ideas....you think it is possible to travel back and forth through time?...I always wondered something else ....if it was possible to travel then I wonder how the universe could handle the loss of mass (or energy) from you leaving this time frame and appearing in another (there would be an increase once you entered the new time frame...except time cloaking because you were always here but moving through time at a different rate).....let me hear from you

TimeFlipper

in ten's of seconds:

flying 60,000 ft.

Thank you for continuing this discussion.....I got your point of time dilation....that is a true and absolute proven point, I know there will be a difference but lets take it further....a plane circling the earth near the speed of light and according to Einstein that would be considered time travel into the future because of the time difference mulitiplied by speed and all effected by gravity but the plane has the whole time been traveling with Earth through space and only offers a trip into the future with no return to your original point of time. See because the plane stayed with the planet, this experiment might be considered a type of time travel it is what I would consider a relativity experiment because the plane was controlled to stay relative to the planet but time was experience on both objects. I agree with you and it maybe able to "time cloak" yourself and appear in the future relative to your own time experience but I think that is like being froze and woke up later....see what I am getting at? I think that your right and time travel in this fashion maybe possible and wins that debate of time travel is possible on Earth but also may prove there is only one way to travel ....forward in time....let's call it Einstein's amber or time cloak.....lets keep going and shooting ideas....you think it is possible to travel back and forth through time?...I always wondered something else ....if it was possible to travel then I wonder how the universe could handle the loss of mass (or energy) from you leaving this time frame and appearing in another (there would be an increase once you entered the new time frame...except time cloaking because you were always here but moving through time at a different rate).....let me hear from you
To take up your last point, very recently astronomers discovered there was a "mini big bang" that occured 3 billion years after the first big bang (NASA news) If this was the case then it could mean that even more energy and mass could of been thrown into our universe which kinda upsets the law of conservation??..Maybe :D

Brian Jung

I think this viewpoint is based on reductionism.
Teleportation or timetravel stuffs can not be achieved in the viewpoint of reductionism.
Every atoms ( maybe strings? ), their exact vectors must be identified.
It already proved to be impossible.

So considering practical possibility, viewpoint must be on the opposite side of reductionism.

Zeirbah

Well, lets look at things that were thought impossible...

Creating machines that flew through the air carrying people were considered impossible long ago, but look now, we've got airplanes and helicopters!

Landing a man on the moon was considered impossible long ago, but look now, it happened in 1969.

A man breaking the sound barrier was considered impossible long ago, but look now, it happened in 2012 with Felix Baumgartner.

A black man becoming president was considered impossible long ago, but look now, it happened in 2008 with President Obama.

Computers not serving any use in their early years, and being considered useless, but very useful today.

There's a lot more examples of things that were considered impossible long ago, but are now possible. There may be no solid proof of time travel at the moment, but it may be something secretly happening to some people or something kept hidden by the government.. That's all I have to say.

TimeFlipper

I could only challenge your second point about man landing on the moon..
To me and many others, we believe all moon landings were hoaxes..

TimeFlipper

There are many subjects we discuss on Paranormalis that cannot be given absolute proof, the main reason being that governments suppress lots of information from us...Fortunately we can make informed decisions from researchers whose job it is to get such information out into the public domain..

Take a look at JFK...the faked moon landings...9/11...and many more...
Be careful of the dis-information crew out there, their main weapons are ridicule and the state of peoples minds (we are nuts!!)

Take a look at the NASA gobshite trying to squirm his way out of questions put to him that are complete facts, about the faked moon landings that you can see on many good conspiricy DVD`s..

The Truth is out there...Go look for yourself..;)