Time Travel Communication: Sending Messages Through Time Can Be Possible – Says Professor

Opmmur

Time Travel Professor
Time Travel Communication: Sending Messages Through Time Can Be Possible – Says Professor
Ellen Lloyd September 20, 2015 New Science

The Video Link: Time Travel Communication: Sending Messages Through Time Can Be Possible - Says Professor - MessageToEagle.com

Is time travel possible? Can we send messages back in time? Can we talk to our future selves?

These are questions that have been widely debated among scientists for a very long time.

“Time is a dimension, but it’s so unusual in that sense that we can only move forward in it as long as we are in our Universe.

We try to find ways to travel back in time, but by doing that we are affecting a very important part of our physical Universe, called causality. If we want to travel back in time, we must find a way to prevent causality from being violated,” astrophysicist Charles Liu, a professor of astrophysics at the City University of New York’s College of Staten Island, explained.

Is it possible to send messages through time?

Yet, as we have previously written in our article “Two Astonishing Cases Of Men Who Say They Traveled Through Time“, there are those who even claim to have proof of time travel!

It is without doubt a controversial subject and few will accept such claims without a lot of hard evidence.

Nevertheless, the topic remains fascinating and worth consideration. Instead of thinking about transporting ourselves back in time , or to the future, we can ponder another more realistic subject – namely time travel communication.

Dr. John Cramer, professor Emeritus of Physics at the University of Washington thinks we must think about time travel in baby steps.

One possibility is to start with messages traveling through time.

Dr. Cramer is currently working on the possibility receiving a message milliseconds before it’s sent. He is conducting his research in the basement at the University and with help of laser beams he might be able to prove what Einstein called “spooky action at a distance”. He’s splitting photons through a series of synthetic crystals to demonstrate that quantum non-locality can be used to communicate.

Tachyon visualization

“I have to admit, this is pushing the envelope and often the envelop pushes back,” says Cramer, a nuclear physicist who has worked on projects involving the Large Hadron Collider in Switzerland.

For those of us who never took high school physics, this is what he’s trying to do in layman’s terms: If you took a pair of photons created at the same time and altered one of those photons, in theory the other photon would be altered instantly — even if it was separated by an entire galaxy.

That would mean communication could travel faster than the speed of light over long distances. The ramifications of something Einstein didn’t think was possible but theoretically could happen would be incredible. Physicists call it “nonlocal quantum communication.”

“You could do real-time communication with objects on other planets,” says Cramer. “You could put on a virtual reality helmet and be driving your remote dune buggy on Mars.”

In other words, this would give the world’s space agencies the possibility to communicate with their spacecraft in real-time.
Unfortunately, Dr. Cramer is struggling with not only technical, but also financial problems. Funding of his project is a difficult matter.

“You have to be able to efficiently detect the entangled photons before you can do any real measurements and we have not been able to do that yet,” says Cramer.

According to “the original string theory, bosonic string theory, contained a massless particle called the tachyon, which travels faster than the speed of light. These particles are usually a sign that a theory has an inherent flaw – but what if they actually existed?

Would they allow a means of time travel?

The short answer is that no one knows. The presence of tachyons in a theory means that things begin to go haywire, which is why they’re considered by physicists to be a sign of fundamental instabilities in the theory. (These instabilities in string theory were fixed by including supersymmetry, creating superstring theory.)

However, just because tachyons mess up the mathematics that physicists use doesn’t necessarily mean that they don’t exist. It may be possible that physicists just haven’t developed the proper mathematical tools to address them in a way that makes sense.

If tachyons do exist, then in theory it would be possible to send messages that travel faster than the speed of light. These particles could actually travel backward in time and, in principle, be detected.

To avoid this problem (because, remember, time travel can destroy all of physics!), the physicist Gerald Feinberg presented the Feinberg reinterpretation principle in 1967, which says that a tachyon traveling back in time can be reinterpreted, under quantum field theory, as a tachyon moving forward in time.

In other words, detecting tachyons is the same as emitting tachyons. There’s just no way to tell the difference, which would make sending and receiving messages fairly challenging,” Andrew Zimmerman Jones and Daniel Robbins write in their book String Theory for Dummies.

If Cramer can prove step one, step two becomes even more fascinating.

“If you can communicate using non-locality then you can communicate faster than light and backwards in time,” says Cramer.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Another great posting Prof..
Tachyons are interesting little so n so`s, they were covered in Preston Nichols books, The Montauk series..
Germanium is said to be a source of Tachyons, and if you recall Prof before Silicon was used in transistors, Germanium was used all the time....Its also used for health reasons, you can find bracelets on Ebay that contain amounts of it

At the start of 2001, the price of Germanium shot up as chip manufactures started using it along with Silicon..
They discovered it had a stabilising effect on the chips..

Prof i have a circuit diagram for the "Delta Time Generator", which contains an old Germanium transistor and is also said to have
Quantum Tunneling abilities...I will explain its purpose to you, which i hope you will find interesting, and a circuit diagram..
If you find that you can "detect" anomalies like i can with mine, we will put the circuit diagram on here for everyone :)

Himalayan Hermit

The article that has video of the man who went under his sink is long debunked as a marketing gimmick..correct me if I am wrong

Pegii

It would be cool if it were true. I mean you could give yourself a message in the past. Like if you were about to get into a car and become a cripple in a car crash you could tell yourself not to get in the car.

Bonbinboo

Tôi thực sự hy vọng một ngày nào đó có thể gửi tin nhắn về quá khứ để xảnh báo cho chính mình

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
It's actually quite simple to send messages forward in time. You bury the messages in media - books, movies, online posts, and other methods that the future can get a hold of. The only problem is making them aware there is a message to be found.

TimeFlipper

It would be cool if it were true. I mean you could give yourself a message in the past. Like if you were about to get into a car and become a cripple in a car crash you could tell yourself not to get in the car.
You must have seen that great movie Denzel Washington made...Deja Vu :)

TimeFlipper

It's actually quite simple to send messages forward in time. You bury the messages in media - books, movies, online posts, and other methods that the future can get a hold of. The only problem is making them aware there is a message to be found.
I love your pragmatic approach Paula :D