Time travel idea

Angelhoney

So since it seems that physical time travel will not be achieved any time soon maybe we should ask for help from the future!
I'm thinking that maybe I can create a website where people can leave messages that can be available for thousnds of years to come and this way people from the future will be able to read them. This way we can ask for help from them and maybe they can travel back in time and help us change the past somehow.
I will need someones help to create the website since I'm not very good at things like this. Is it possible to create a websitw that will be there for thousnds of years?

tflofasho

Assuming websites last that long and computers area still around.

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
So since it seems that physical time travel will not be achieved any time soon maybe we should ask for help from the future!
I'm thinking that maybe I can create a website where people can leave messages that can be available for thousnds of years to come and this way people from the future will be able to read them. This way we can ask for help from them and maybe they can travel back in time and help us change the past somehow.
I will need someones help to create the website since I'm not very good at things like this. Is it possible to create a websitw that will be there for thousnds of years?

If you are interested in physical time travel, read up on the Montauk Project and how the government achieved time travel. You might be amazed at what you find.

Japrim

That is an excellent idea.

It's already all over time though. But another set of communications in the mix won't hurt.

Go for it!

Japrim

At whatever point it was/is/will be originally discovered/harnessed/invented, from there it exists all over time. It is a matter of access.

Japrim

I would like to break away from this site. It annoys me that things are so controlled and manipulated here, the drama, etc.

I am ALL FOR helping build a new site or a whole network of them, somewhere safe from and free of such limitations.

Num7

Administrator
Staff
We can't know if the Internet will still be available in the next 1,000 years or so.

Many websites don't even make it past a decade. For instance, Paranormalis was founded in 2004, but vanished several times between 2005 and 2008. We've been online non-stop for the last 7 years, but who knows what can happen in the future. My intention is to keep it online for the years and decades to come. But can I guarantee it at a 100% sure? No.

The same applies to any other website out there. Those sites are online now. Many won't be in a year, or in 10 years, let alone 1,000 years.

If you want something that can survive time itself, you'll probably need to engrave those messages in stone, like the ancient civilizations did. Stone is a pretty reliable medium that will survive almost anything.

Last edited:

Angelhoney

We can't know if the Internet will still be available in the next 1,000 years or so.

Many websites don't even make it past a decade. For instance, Paranormalis was founded in 2004, but vanished several times between 2005 and 2008. We've been online non-stop for the last 7 years, but who knows what can happen in the future. My intention is to keep it online for the years and decades to come. But can I guarantee it at a 100% sure? No.

The same applies to any other website out there. Those sites are online now. Many won't be in a year, or in 10 years, let alone 1,000 years.

If you want something that can survive time itself, you'll probably need to engrave those messages in stone, like the ancient civilizations did. Stone is a pretty reliable medium that will survive almost anything.

That's true, I never thought of that. So I need to engrave it in stones and make sure they will be perserved for thousnds of years. I have to also make sure that future time travellers will know where to find them.

tflofasho

This guy talks about why the Montauk project is a hoax.
What he says makes sense

If you're an academic like me, you should probably get into indie music, films, games, anime and manga and you'll see that sometimes, you have to discredit things alot of the time and people's claims also.

Sure, you can take it for what it is face value and all, but in all honesty, they could've had their memories wiped as people claim can and has happened. But still... interesting down to earth perspective either way.

It's never easy being a journalist researcher.