Time Travel Institute on Sale Now?

CaryP

Satan, the voice of sanity (boy does that sound weird).

Five figures for a broken down anarchistic site, huh? They're awful proud of that thing. A total waste of time, money and effort. Let 'em die the slow death it sounds like they're suffering. Lots of luck to the sucker who buys it, or do you think the owner was bluffing to see if you'd bite? I can't imagine someone shelling out that kind of money. To have that much money for a broken down board, you'd have to have more sense than to actually buy it.

StarLord, you and I keep coming up on the same side of the coin, my brother, and that's a good thing.

Cary

Snow

Originally posted by CaryP@Sep 17 2004, 11:32 AM
Satan, the voice of sanity (boy does that sound weird).

Five figures for a broken down anarchistic site, huh? They're awful proud of that thing. A total waste of time, money and effort. Let 'em die the slow death it sounds like they're suffering. Lots of luck to the sucker who buys it, or do you think the owner was bluffing to see if you'd bite? I can't imagine someone shelling out that kind of money. To have that much money for a broken down board, you'd have to have more sense than to actually buy it.

StarLord, you and I keep coming up on the same side of the coin, my brother, and that's a good thing.

Cary

Hmmm - for some reason I thought I wouldn't be able to post in this thread or I would have already. I agree we don't need it!

What I do think we need is our own repository of the material from the undebunked Time Travelers. I know we have links etc - but sites go down, as we know and material is lost. I think we need to start archiving text of John Titor, Alex, Maxwell (lost already I think) Peragro, BBBoris (gone as well!) to preserve it for ourselves and take no chance on losing it.

For Alex and Peragro I have a good but incomplete start. But if I lose my hard drive AGAIN - well then it will be gone forever unless someone else has it copied too.

SFW

John

SFW,
If you would be willing to lead this project (pick a team, develop the website and gather the info), I will set up the ftp directory and area here on the webserver for you to build the archive.

Snow

HEHE! Scared me off already! Develope a website? I think I will need Heggy or someone like him. I am willing to work on this but it already just got bigger than I imagined it!

I'm thinking of like a little library of all their (the TT's) words that we can find - including PM's and emails donated by others of the ones we have found credible and/or interesting.

So I guess I'm taking volunteers - First I need a webmaster!

Thanks Satan -

SFW

StarLord

I agree Cary. Is it "Great Minds Think Alike" or "Fools Seldom Differ" ? :lol:

Matters not to me which way, always good to be on your side of the coin Bro >:D<

sosuemetoo

Originally posted by Satan@Sep 17 2004, 12:07 PM
In the interest of the site I registered and spoke with the Webmaster of Time Travel Institute. Currently he is entertaining a five figure offer for his site. I don't think that site is worth that much.

I think I can say this freely....OMG you've got to be kidding me! I was looking at the poll on their site and the majority said they'd pay $1,000 or under. I was thinking in the $300 - $500 range, but what do I know?

I appreciate you contacting the Webmaster, Satan. But, that amount is totally inflated and out of the question.

I agree with some of your sentiments about it being a great site.

Well, it's more like "it used to be a great site." I thought with our help we could make it a great one again. It's one and only claim to fame, IMO, was it was JT's first site. In the coming year or more, it could be a very important site. Perhaps this is why he is asking for a five figure sum.

Our culture is borne from one which needs democracy whereas that one is not. Our culture is built on community beyond the center of topic (Time Travel). Though Time Travel brings our guests here to register, it is our atmosphere that does keep them.

Yes it is, and after much thought, we would be forcing democracy and community down that site's "throat" that might not appreciate it. After an investment like that, the membership would probably run away, and we'd having nothing but original JT threads for our effort.

I intend on getting the word out of our existence. This is what I am doing with the advertising budget. It is not that people don't come here because they do not want to be apart of this great community. It is because they do not know of it. I intend to change this.

Yes, our sense of family/community is what will bring people after we get our name out more. Not the fact that we have old JT threads from TTI. I guess last night, "mom" was thinking about "saving" an old community that was about to "drown" With that amount of money being asked and the headaches involved, it's better just to let them sink.

I wish TTI luck in their future endeavors.

"Mom"

Note: I just looked at their poll. 15 people have voted. 9 say that they would pay less than $1000 for the site, 4 have said "hell no" (I'm guessing that means that they wouldn't pay a dime for the site) , 1 said no more than $2,000 , 1 said more than $5,000. Guess the guy with more than $5,000 should jump at the chance. ;)

John

SFW you are set up. Your url will be timetravelforum.net/archive or archive.timetravelforum.net...either one will redirect you to your archive.

GearBrains

SnowFireWatches- Let me know if I can be of service, I am tired of lurking in the shadows watching everyone else having fun- :)

Snow

Originally posted by Satan@Sep 17 2004, 02:53 PM
SFW you are set up. Your url will be timetravelforum.net/archive or archive.timetravelforum.net...either one will redirect you to your archive.

WooHoo Satan! Thanks - I have enlisted Heggy to help me and . . .

GearBrains Posted Yesterday, 09:36 PM
SnowFireWatches- Let me know if I can be of service, I am tired of lurking in the shadows watching everyone else having fun

Gearbrains you dirty little lurker you! You have been missed, my friend, and your help will be welcomed. I'll PM you when I know what we are doing. Please come to chat sometime to discuss this and to catch up!

Everyone else: If you have personal material such as PM's and emails from our TT's that you would like to donate to the library, please PM them to me.

What I already have is all of Alexander's posts from ttf.tk but none of the member posts from his threads. I have all of Peragro's posts but none of the member posts in his thread. If any of you have it more completely we would like to have it.
We don't have Maxwell's, Chris', BBBoris. All of JT's material is several places online but we will archive that here too. Suggestions of any other TT's that should be included will be entertained - but be careful - you might end up with a job. :unsure:

Thanks

SFW

Ralan

Snow,

I have everything on my hoax, Urno Arnan Ralan. I also have several important posts by Boris and an analysis on him that I started a while ago but never finished, and my little study of Aima Tellia's language.