Time travel Riddle

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith
We already have exceeded it.
What happens is a sonic boom.
Sound is a mechanical thing, unlike light. Sound is carried by actual vibrations in actual matter (the medium,) whereas light has no medium whatsoever, unless you prefer the interpretation of light as waves in spacetime itself, which appears to be one way to model it.

The way I see it, and I've studied it, is that electromagnetic waves carry themselves with no medium because it is the give and take of the electric wave with the magnetic wave - one giving when the other is taking and voice-versa - that carries the EM wave along.

Harte

Ok, I'm not thinking clearly. What I meant to ask was what would happen if sound exceeded the speed of light, *IF* it were possible?

Sound waves seem to be very limiting....

Einstein

Temporal Engineer
Sound is a mechanical thing, unlike light. Sound is carried by actual vibrations in actual matter (the medium,) whereas light has no medium whatsoever, unless you prefer the interpretation of light as waves in spacetime itself, which appears to be one way to model it.

The way I see it, and I've studied it, is that electromagnetic waves carry themselves with no medium because it is the give and take of the electric wave with the magnetic wave - one giving when the other is taking and voice-versa - that carries the EM wave along.

Harte

Ok, I'm not thinking clearly. What I meant to ask was what would happen if sound exceeded the speed of light, *IF* it were possible?

Hypothetically speaking. If that were so. Then I believe Leprechauns would start popping out of marbles all over the world.

Harte

Harte

I don't know. Perhaps nuclear fusion of the material carrying the sound wave?
I would say something like "Then my hair would fall out," but I fear that train has already left the station.

Harte

dh1

only phase velocities of waves in a medium can go faster than light. That happens in the literature about alfven plasma waves. But that's not the answer to the riddle.

Hint: There's a connection between liquids and time travel fields.

Last edited:

JustMe

Why are people humouring @dh1 ? He has proven time and again to know nothing, work with hoaxers and make up nonsense/post stuff from google when challenged. His 'riddle' has no basis in a reality other than the one he has made up in his head...

dh1

Speed of light of matter is just a relationship of matter and space. If you understand that relationship you can create the same time field without moving at all.

Gotta wonder why matter alters space and time as it passes through it.

Last edited:

TimeFlipper

Why are people humouring @dh1 ? He has proven time and again to know nothing, work with hoaxers and make up nonsense/post stuff from google when challenged. His 'riddle' has no basis in a reality other than the one he has made up in his head...
I took a look at the "alfen plasma waves"that dh1 came up with stating they move faster than the speed of light...Infact they can only approach the speed of light, so you were spot on about him making things up in his head :LOL:

Last edited:

PaulaJedi

Survivor
Zenith

Harte

Hypothetically speaking. If that were so. Then I believe Leprechauns would start popping out of marbles all over the world.

That sounds very entertaining. Make sure that we do it around St. Patrick's Day. :LOL: